Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESECPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 975

ESECPN

Dec 2, 2018, 10:48 AM

There is one piece of news to report today. Why did Kirby make such a stupid 4th down call? NOT ONE WORD. Instead we get 4 hours of speculation. We’ll know the answers to all those questions at noon. But I still want to know what Kirby was thinking. That play was extremely high risk and it was OBVIOUS that it was not there.....TOTALLY OBVIOUS. DUMBEST CALL ALL YEAR, BY A MILE!!! Somebody needs to do their job and report on that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Are Not a Top 4 Team With a Bottom 10 Coach***

Dec 2, 2018, 10:49 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brain Shart - not Smart.***

Dec 2, 2018, 10:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ESECPN

Dec 2, 2018, 11:05 AM

Here's the thing. When you know you are going to lose unless you change the momentum, you HAVE to make a call like that. This is why I don't give any props or criticicism to those who do. I think Saban knew he would lose to us in the title game 3 years ago, Bowden in Puntrooskie game, etc. Smart knew the tide had turned and unless he could change that, they we're going to get an L. That said, seeing Bama in base defense, it should have been called off.

4+ minutes... PUNT.***

Dec 2, 2018, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2018, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Re: ESECPN ]

Agreed. He knew he had to score and run out the clock. Still doesn't mean he's not an idiot.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:24 AM

But they did report on it. SVP interviewed Kirby live on his show and asked him specifically.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:26 AM

Kirby smart has explained why he did it multiple times.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:38 AM

I didn’t see it, what was the answer?

What I saw was 8 defenders in the box, long yardage to convert and they ran it right into the strength of the defense.

Dec 2, 2018, 11:39 AM

It’s a play they had in for a while, back to last season. Been waiting to use it. It was open, but they took too long to snap it and by the time they did the uncovered receiver was covered. Says if they snapped it early it would have worked.

Replies: 9
| visibility 975
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic