Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How about that brisket?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 199

How about that brisket?

May 24, 2020, 8:56 AM

toptentiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

EPIC FAIL...

May 24, 2020, 10:24 AM

Ran to garage around 8 or so to get leafblower and some beer reinforcements. Meat had been cooking at 250 for several hours at that point. I was almost to the point of flipping it.
10 minutes later I got down to deck, grill temp read 150. Meat probe temp read 141, down 10 degrees. PANIC.
Tried opening air vents to raise temps back up, would not work.
Had to pull meat off grill, remove conveggtor, add more charcoal. Took another 10 minutes to start heating back up.
Put meat back on, had to finess the controls to keep it between 200-300 for another couple of hours.

When brisket reached 160, i pulled it, poured a little coffee over it, and tented it in foil. Let it sit for a couple of hours then i sliced. It's ok, not near as tender as it should be.

For the life of me i could not figure out what happened. Then wife says, "I don't know what happened either, it was looking so good"

Hmmmmm. I said "What, how do you know how it looked?"
She then proceeds to tell me that last night she went down to look at it, opened up the grill, even cut a little into it to see how tender.

UGH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: EPIC FAIL...

May 24, 2020, 11:45 AM

I’ve been known to put them in the oven at that point just to keep consistent heat until the finish.

I like to get brisket to an internal of 195 before pulling.

Chop it fine and put it over rice and/or baked potatoes - will still be tasty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Hindsight, that's what I should have done...

May 24, 2020, 2:00 PM

Just popped it in oven for a bit.
Think I'm just going to fine chop it, add some carolina gold, and enjoy some bbq sandwiches this week.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a win***

May 24, 2020, 2:23 PM

Panta Rhei Heraclitus

after a few hours it's taken all the smoke it can take

May 24, 2020, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: EPIC FAIL... ]

stick it in the oven after that much easier.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I go to 180 min try to go to 190

May 24, 2020, 2:08 PM [ in reply to EPIC FAIL... ]

you took it off too soon

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 199
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic