»
Topic: Dwight Clark...GREAT article...
Replies: 3   Last Post: Sep 9, 2017 12:28 PM by: tigeron®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 3  

Dwight Clark...GREAT article...

[3]
Posted: Sep 9, 2017 10:03 AM

On of my favorite Tigers of all time...
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000840621/article/why-dwight-clark-means-more-to-me-than-just-the-catch

Re: Dwight Clark...GREAT article...

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 12:01 PM

Great read, thanks for posting. One of my favorites as well. I clearly remember watching the original "The Catch" in person. Over time I think many have forgotten how important "The Catch" was to Clemson rising to national attention after many years. Just so sad for his ALS.

Re: Dwight Clark...GREAT article...

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 12:19 PM

Agree, great article! Probably one of the top 10 classiest men to play football at Clemson; always in a good mood and never rude or unkind; loved by his teammates. What a great battle he and Jim Stuckey had over dating Shawn Weatherly [a Clemson student who was Miss Universe], yet they both remained friends and later both played for the 49ers along with Archie Reese. So sad that it seems the nicest people get the worst diseases; he is one of the best...

Tigers did not pass much then, but I watched Dwight catch

Posted: Sep 9, 2017 12:28 PM

a long td pass against Maryland. I think he was targeted only a few times that year, but that was an important catch in a tight game.
Also, Stuckey from Clemson was also on 49ers roster at the same time, and he was a star at Clemson and for the 49ers also.

military_donation.jpg

Replies: 3  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1199 people have read this post