Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: Clemson QB commit gets new offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: Clemson QB commit gets new offer

Apr 19, 2015, 9:45 AM

Clemson QB commit gets new offer

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson QB commit gets new offer

Apr 19, 2015, 10:10 AM

Hmmm. Visitng Miss State and hashtagging HailState....

Not sure if he is all in.

May be time to start opening up QB recruiting again.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I agree.***

Apr 19, 2015, 10:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More than likely, the staff knew about the visit***

Apr 19, 2015, 10:24 AM

Re: More than likely, the staff knew about the visit***

Apr 19, 2015, 10:29 AM

Keep your wheels on . Play in Clemson's offense or Miss St ? The kid isn't going anywhere , just taking some trips.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

get a grip***

Apr 20, 2015, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson QB commit gets new offer ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the visit is bad but the hailstate thing

Apr 20, 2015, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Recruiting Update: Clemson QB commit gets new offer ]

Is unacceptable sorry.

Re: the visit is bad but the hailstate thing

Apr 20, 2015, 5:33 PM

The last thing to worry about is the hashtag a 17 year-old puts on his twitter feed. Get a grip, if we loose him so what we'll get the kid from LA.

Apr 19, 2015, 10:20 AM

Surprised no one has talked about this.

Wonder how Dabo feels about the picture...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2015, 9:10 PM

Dabo, probably, is disappointed and believes this young man really is not all in with us. It's sad that he would consider MSU as a potential alternate for Clemson. It really is the difference between becoming a dog or becoming a Tiger. I hope he is smarter than MSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude's solid to Clemson...he's been

Apr 19, 2015, 12:57 PM

to Clemson a ton of times. Coaches knew he was gonna take other trips. Some kids want to do that these days in the event they don't qualify at their top school of choice....anyhow, he's fired up to be at Clemson with the OL & skill positions we are building!

Re: Dude's solid to Clemson...he's been

Apr 19, 2015, 9:19 PM

That is an odd way of showing his solidarity, and it is one that Dabo strongly advises against. We are in very good shape at QB, with him or without him. I hope he chooses us, but if he goes elsewhere, it will be his loss. We are going to be a real factor in the NC discussion for a long time. MSU won't get a sniff at elitism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 19, 2015, 1:34 PM

No. Clemson commits should:

Never visit anywhere for any reason ever. They belong to us.

Wear house arrest leg shackles that automatically Tazes them if they speak to another school.

Rename their dogs "All IN", "Tiger" or "Vic". If they have a hamster or a cat they have to change it's name from "pooty-tang" or "Susie cream cheese" to "The Rock" or "Tillman"....(especially the hamster 'cause you can't trust those little bastages).

Have they're honesty, commitment and integrity openly challenged publicly by total strangers. You know, like Ray-Ray experienced.

Any parent or family member who even answers a call from another school's coach should be terminated...with extreme prejudice.

Or

As a 17 yr old they can take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity to travel, expand their horizons and see something of the real world.

They can gain a keener insight as to true nature of college athletics as they stand at the threshold of entering the biggest change and commitment of their young life.

Continue to feel the trust and respect from the school they've committed to and it's fan base....which reaffirms their reason for committing to that school which places a high value on the person above the player.

Experience the rewards, appreciating and admiration for the hard work they've put in to being great student athletes.

Ok, never mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know when I was 17, Starksville was on my bucket list.***

Apr 19, 2015, 2:14 PM

I just found some money

Apr 19, 2015, 2:14 PM

it's called, 2 cents- And here it is.

Because of Cooper on the way, it really makes 0 sense to RS "both" #2/#10

j/s

Re: I just found some money

Apr 19, 2015, 2:27 PM

Agree 100%!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Strange videos showed Cooper playing in near empty stadiums!

Apr 19, 2015, 6:27 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just found some money

Apr 20, 2015, 5:38 PM [ in reply to I just found some money ]

Guess what, your two cents don't count. The only ones qualified to make that decision is the Clemson football staff. Am sure they will have at least one of them ready to lose their redshirt if needed. If we don't need them why waste a year on mop-up duty. Decision will be made in fall practice. See who works hardest over the summer

Wow!

Apr 20, 2015, 5:41 PM

really?

duh.

Apr 19, 2015, 2:16 PM

Who in the hail would waste a visit going to Starkville, MS? At least go somewhere nice!

Who wouldn't want to be the next Dak Prescott??***

Apr 20, 2015, 7:54 AM

Oh come on

Apr 20, 2015, 10:57 AM

Saying "Hail State" is the same as "Go Tigers". It's just MSU's thing, same as Go Tigers is ours. I'm sure he had a Twitter post a while back when he got a Clemson offer that said "Go Tigers".

Next...

Re: Oh come on

Apr 20, 2015, 1:28 PM

I don't like it either. But...Mississippi State? Really?

Mississippi State is a reasonably attractive option for a quarterback...especially a mobile QB. Mullen's system is good - Mullen is good, actually - and he knows what he's doing and is building a very solid program there, or at least a very good offense there. I am much less sold the Bulldogs will ever get the defensive recruits they need to be terribly competitive, especially in the SEC West, surrounded as they are by the likes of Texas A&M, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Arkansas, and even Ole Miss, who has a beautiful campus loaded with some of the most beautiful women in college. I think last year was the outlier and I was never convinced - I wrote on a number of occasions, actually - that Mississippi State hadn't established they were even Top-10 last year (even while ESPN and even the Committee were busy ranking them #1 for awhile!) I thought they were massively overhyped based on a couple of good wins over an Alabama team that was still having offensive issues, and what turned out to be a very disappointing Texas A&M team. Honestly I think Mississippi State, because of their resources, town, conference and especially the division they are in, might be the single-hardest place to build a consistent winner in America. I literally don't see a way forward for them. Any ordinary year, you would expect them to finish seventh out of all seven teams in the SEC West.

Starkville is also a grim place - actually the whole so-called "Golden Triangle" area that Starkville is a part of is grim, grim, grim (you definitely will not confuse it with the "Research Triangle" in North Carolina, for instance, most of which, Raleigh notwithstanding, is a pretty fair place to live) - and nobody - nobody! - will confuse "Davis Wade Stadium at Scott Field" with Death Valley.

Oh, and yeah. Mississippi State's academics are not strong. At all. They rank 100+ spots below Clemson on virtually every listing out there.

If we lose a committed recruit to Mississippi State, something is amiss. Badly. I would honestly send my kid to South Carolina with a far easier heart than I would send him to Starkville. The only reason I could see a kid choosing Mississippi State is proximity...and they don't even have that with Cooper.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic