Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the only loss I've ever experience that doesn't feel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

This is the only loss I've ever experience that doesn't feel

Jan 12, 2016, 3:36 AM

Like a loss. If you would have told me anyone much less myself would honestly feel that way I would have called bs. Had we given up and gotten blown out because things didn't go our way it would probably be on par with the Florida state blowout at home and implosions against the coots as the most sickening losses I've ever experienced despite being very proud of the team doing something very few would ever believe they were capable of doing. Of course losing is dissapointing especially when it's a championship game but the teams response to the ridiculous amount of adversity they faced in a game against a team as good as Alabama playing an essentially perfect game and everything going their way gives me a feeling of satisfaction that prior to tonight would have been unimaginable to me. The way everyone gave everything they had and fought as hard as I've ever seen a team fight despite any injury and nothing going their way against a very good team that is always among the very best in the country every year is the only reason we were in that football game which is nothing short of incredible. When a team has nearly everything go wrong and star players go down with an injury it's almost always a loss even when playing a team that isn't that good and when it happens against against a very good team playing without any mistakes it's nearly guaranteed to be a blow out regardless of how good the team getting blown out. The fact that we were in a position to win after everything that went wrong against the absolute last team you want to have any mistakes or bad breaks against is unbelievable and a testament to how hard our team fought instead of feeling sorry for themselves. I can honestly say I've never been more proud of our team and this has me even more optimistic about the future of Clemson football.

**Tl;dr. Unbelievable effort by our team tonight in the face of adversity makes this loss not feel like a loss which I wouldn't believed possible before this game. I've never been more proud to be a Clemson tiger than I am tonight.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is the only loss I've ever experience that doesn't feel

Jan 12, 2016, 3:41 AM

Sure feels like a loss to me.

I can assure you no one here would doubt that. The games we

Jan 12, 2016, 4:17 AM

win feel like losses to you. I'm not being a smart #### when I say that either. It always intrigues me the way you are when there's a game to be played. I don't mean this in an arsehole mocking way but It always reminds me of chicken little on game days when I see your post because you always see the worst possibility happening and see things way worse than they truly are. I have no idea if you are a Clemson fan or a coot pretending to be one but if you say you're a Clemson fan I'll take your word for it and urge you to stop worrying about the worst happening and being so blinded by the negatives you can't appreciate the positives or find any happiness when good things happen because it will feel like nothing more than a slight relief to you when a negative outcome is avoided. Regardless I can understand if it still feels like a loss to some, it just felt different for myself personally this time.

Yes it's a wall of text but I'm on mobile and can't format

Jan 12, 2016, 3:48 AM

It. I apologize for this but the tl;dr is at the bottom for anyone that wants it. If you think it's too long or disagree with me that's completely cool with me but I'll save you the trouble by telling you right now I do not care so commenting about it will fall on deaf ears. Or I guess blind eyes in this situation. Or whatever, what I mean is I won't read it. To all 3 people that read any part of it I salute you for your determination.

Jan 12, 2016, 4:08 AM

Hey - I read all of your post, and can partially relate to how you feel. In 2012 UGA faced Bama in the SEC Championship game. The winner got to play Notre Dame in the BCS championship game, and everyone knew the winner would whip ND, who struggled mightily to beat teams with losing records. So it was for all the marbles.

Both teams played their guts out. With a couple of minutes left, Bama scored the go-ahead touchdown, and we came flying down the field. As time ran out we were on Bama's 5 yard line. One of the greatest games I've ever seen. Heartbreaking on the one hand, but its was nice knowing we were 5 yards away from a championship.

I was originally a doubter when it came to your team early in the season. Sounds like a lot of y'all were too. But as the year went on, I saw something special gelling. Congrats on a great year, and for a gutsy performance tonight. I think you will be even better next season.

Hang in there. I was in the dumps for several weeks after that game in 2012, but afterwards I started thinking more realistically about it. Even though it ultimately cost Coach Richt his job, it was a great game. (he was fired because he "couldn't win the big one.") I hope the Clemson fanbase never gets to the point where Dabo isn't good enough.

Jan 12, 2016, 4:17 AM

And leftie above is suppose to be a fan. Nice to see a dawg that can grasp the moment and the future. Good post my friend!

Jan 12, 2016, 4:25 AM

Thanks! Clemson has a lot to be proud of. I think you guys have earned the respect of the whole country. And tonight was an amazing advertisement for why talented young men should go to Clemson. You're a class organization, and with as much talent as anyone else in the country. cheers!

Jan 12, 2016, 4:31 AM

Man the kids on both sides played with all heart in the 2nd half. IMO this is the best NC game since the 05 Rose Bowl. It ranks up there with one of the best NC games I've ever seen. The big plays killed us late in the game. From watching the Vols play Bama back in October, the Vols controlled and kept the lead till half way through the 4th, until 2 big plays gave Bama the lead and the W. It was tough watching tonight, but I'm like you, Our boys represented Clemson with class and heart the whole game. There's no doubt in my mind that Dabo will have our boys back in the playoff in the near future. Go Tigers!

It definitely feels like a loss, but I am not devastated

Jan 12, 2016, 7:20 AM

I'm taking it pretty calmly. We made 4-5 critical mistakes that cost us the game; Alabama made no blatant mistakes (some PI calls here and there, a lousy job of handling our D-line, but those are less mistakes than poor playing).

I don't believe in moral victories but I believe we fought hard and left everything on the field. It's disappointing not to come away with the W but I'm at peace with it.

I felt much worse after the FSU loss last year.***

Jan 12, 2016, 7:44 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Dude, this feels worse than most. We were the better team.***

Jan 12, 2016, 7:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude, this feels worse than most. We were the better team.***

Jan 12, 2016, 7:59 AM

No. Alabama was the better team. The difference in this game boiled down to coaching. Nick coached a slightly better game that was the difference. He had his team slightly better prepared. Give him some credit. This is something Dabo and staff can learn from and prepare better for, special teams, championship game mentality, etc. Clemson played great. I am so proud of MY TEAM the Tigers. Nothing to be sad about. Look at where Clemson football has come to. "Dorothy, you are not in Kansas anymore." Great time to be a Tiger. Went toe-to-toe with the best and proved we belong. Believe me, NOBODY looks at Clemson as anything but a great program and team. The best is yet to come. See ya'll in Tampa. Go Tigers!

sorry but I disagree***

Jan 12, 2016, 8:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the right perspective

Jan 12, 2016, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Dude, this feels worse than most. We were the better team.*** ]

"Great time to be a Tiger. Went toe-to-toe with the best and proved we belong. Believe me, NOBODY looks at Clemson as anything but a great program and team. The best is yet to come. See ya'll in Tampa. Go Tigers!"

In all seriousness, thats exactly the right outlook to have. You guys have a ton of class, a ton of talent, and the brightest of futures. I know its tough immediately following a loss where both teams leave their guts on the field. I wish you all the best in 2016.

Difference between this lose and say WV in OB is

Jan 12, 2016, 12:09 PM

that the WV game was embarrassing. This lose was anything but that. But it's been 34 years since the NC - don't have many chances at those. All Tiger fans should hold their head high but this lose has to hurt more than most.

Re: Difference between this lose and say WV in OB is

Jan 13, 2016, 11:46 AM

I'm kinda with you. Proud of the effort. Great kids. Essentially, all played their hearts out. But this is a loss and it hurts. I feel we had no business losing that football game. It ticks me off. It isn't easy getting to that game. Heck, it has been 34 years. So many things have to go right. Some luck. A couple of 4th down stops in big games, etc. So when you get there you need to capitalize on it.

Yeah it is great to say the best is yet to come and hopefully with good fortune we will be back, learn from this and hoist the trophy. But the time was now. I don't know exactly what is printed on that trophy but it isn't going to say Clemson as national champion. Dangit

Go Tigers

Re: the right perspective

Jan 12, 2016, 12:52 PM [ in reply to the right perspective ]

Overall, I thought Bama had the better talent, but we had players that have worked extremely hard and fought for everything we have. We got the most out of our players because of coaching, heart and guts. We did more with less. DW was awesome and very talented. A few busted plays here and there cost us the game. We fixed most all of our problem areas during the year, except kick-off coverage. Not sure if it is the players or the coaching or lack there of. I hope Dabo fixes this during the off season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditto

Jan 12, 2016, 11:39 AM

drove in this morning, dropped off my kid at school, and went to work with a sense of peace and could only think "God is good."

Re: Ditto

Jan 12, 2016, 12:57 PM

I'm not really tore up at all. I won't forget this team for a long, long time. We arrived a year early and got to play on the national stage to prove we aren't the same old Clemson they expected.

And before the game, as well as after, it was great hearing just as much praise from everyone as they gave for Bama. They realized that Deshaun Watson is the best player in the nation going away, he emptied the tank and then some last night. I couldn't be more proud of that group of fighting tigers.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic