Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Drop the "Stay in the ACC" stuff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Drop the "Stay in the ACC" stuff

May 22, 2012, 10:38 AM

Are you guys serious? You really want to stay in this joke of a (football) conference. People are saying "stay in the ACC so we can win conference championships"... So i ask you this.... win them and do what? Do what we did in the orange bowl? win a conference championship that nobody outside of the ACC respects? It's apparently that the ACC is becoming completely irrelevant in college football. Just b/c we're good in the ACC DOES NOT mean we're a championship football team or even close. That's been evidenced by the scoreboard at the end of the USC games the last 3 years, along with the orange bowl this year. I've got news for you guys that want to stay in the ACC, you have GOT to play better teams to get better. Clemson will never be relevant again playing Wake, UNC, Duke, and Maryland on a regular basis. Have any of you even thought about recruiting?? If everyone in the country takes our conference as a joke, the best players are not going to want to play at these schools. I see no way Clemson football will EVER return to prominance as long as they keep playing in the ACC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That ship has sailed brother....

May 22, 2012, 10:43 AM

Remaining in the ACC is no longer financially feasible for Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Are YOU serious!?!

May 22, 2012, 10:45 AM

Get over losing to South Carolina three years in a row. The ACC didn't do that to us. Nor did the ACC get us humiliated in the Orange Bowl. We did that. Got to own it and move on. Or don't. But you sound pathetic when you say "Waaaa, we let West Virginia hang 70 on us because Duke isn't serious about football!"

"Clemson will never be relevant again playing Wake, UNC, Duke, and Maryland on a regular basis."

No different than playing Texas Tech, Kansas and Iowa State on a regular basis.

null

You cannot combat TigerNet delusions, it's like a salmon

May 22, 2012, 10:48 AM

going upstream right now. For some hellbent reason, they're vehemently wishing to go to the Big XII and leave the ACC.

It's obvious most of them have no desire to actually attend Clemson games. Personally, I don't see myself making any away games if that ######## comes to fruition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Hang in there brother....

May 22, 2012, 10:59 AM

If the rumors and speculation turn out to be accurate, the Big XII will have a nice Eastern division that will afford you ample opportunities to continue attending road games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: You cannot combat TigerNet delusions, it's like a salmon

May 22, 2012, 11:06 AM [ in reply to You cannot combat TigerNet delusions, it's like a salmon ]

Lets see I would be flying to the following locations in the ACC...

Miami, VT, UVA, Maryland, BC, Pitt, Syracuse.

I dont give a crap about going to the following... Duke, Wake, NC State (Fans are ####).

That leaves UNC and GT. GT might end up coming with us anyway so that now leaves UNC. I say f em.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Are YOU serious!?!

May 22, 2012, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Are YOU serious!?! ]

Get over it??? The ACC IS the reason those things happened. When you can't recruit with the big boys and dont play the big boys this is the direct result. Let me ask you this... Do you honestly think if Clemson had ran the table last year and finished 13-0, they would have given us a spot over a 1-loss Bama or LSU???? The answer is almost certainly no. And the reason is the conference we play in. Maybe i'm the only one that has that opinion but so be it.

May 22, 2012, 10:57 AM

can't recruit with the big boys? HAHA please tell me you're not serious! check out our recruiting classes the past several years. better yet, check out recruiting classes at miami and FSU. even better. where the hell did you get educated? surely not clemson, but if you did, i bet you were a struggling management major! HAHAHAHA

May 22, 2012, 10:58 AM

And that's got us where???

Check the Offensive Line recruiting classes

May 22, 2012, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Are YOU serious!?! ]

Almost every big O-line recruit we go after goes to another conference. Games are won and lost in the trenches.

Not the ACC's fault. We need to do better at

May 22, 2012, 11:04 AM

recruiting OL.

If players didn't want to play in the "weak ACC", you'd see it more with the skills players who want to shine than with the trench players.

null

Your perspective is nuts.

May 22, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Are YOU serious!?! ]

"Get over it??? The ACC IS the reason those things happened."

Yikes. Well, whatever makes you sleep at night. I know...we used to crush South Carolina every year because they were beat up by the SEC, but now they will always beat us because we aren't tested in the ACC.

"Do you honestly think if Clemson had ran the table last year and finished 13-0, they would have given us a spot over a 1-loss Bama or LSU????"

I would bet my house on it, as would 99% of observers. An undefeated team from a BCS conference has never ever ever been denied the championship game for a one-loss team. The entire country hated the fact that Bama and LSU played in the championship to begin with (as evident by the ratings). If one of them went over an undefeated Clemson team that had beaten Auburn, South Carolina, FSU, and VT (Twice), there would have been riots, and rightfully so. That's why we went from being unranked at the beginning of the season to #5 in the country by week 8...because no matter how many times you nuts say it, the ACC is a BCS conference and winning every game gives you a shot at the championship.

null

May 22, 2012, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Are YOU serious!?! ]

Clemson losing 3 years in a row had a lot to do with Clemson being in the ACC and SC in the SEC. They've been using that against Clemson in recruiting for years. They tell players that the SEC is a football conference with big-time games but the ACC is basketball conference with games played in half-empty stadiums.

May 22, 2012, 11:14 AM

So it took 20 yrs for the recruits to catch own??

NO the coots started cheating along with the other SEC teams that's what got them where they are

Dude, have you been reading the board...

May 22, 2012, 10:47 AM

Have any of you even thought about recruiting??

That's been the center of dozens if not hundreds of threads.

Re: Dude, have you been reading the board...

May 22, 2012, 10:52 AM

I realize that. My point was the conference you play in can certainly affect recruiting. Look at the players USC has gotten over us the past few years.

Re: Dude, have you been reading the board...

May 22, 2012, 1:57 PM

My point is everyone here knows that and it has been widely discussed. You act like you are bringing an original concept to the board....not the case in the extreme.

Re: Drop the "Stay in the ACC" stuff

May 22, 2012, 10:56 AM

yea! let's go and play iowa state, kansas, and a post-RGIII baylor! let's travel hundreds and hundreds of miles, while spending tons of money, to play terrible teams! that will make us relevant in college football!

Re: Drop the "Stay in the ACC" stuff

May 22, 2012, 10:58 AM

Ok, so I get it... Im the only one with this opinion. Good deal.

CJ and Sammy might contest your assumptions.

May 22, 2012, 11:02 AM

We put kids on the Heisman watch and you insult them with something like that? DOOD!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ and Sammy might contest your assumptions.

May 22, 2012, 11:14 AM

Not what I meant at all... We do have good players. But we're also losing good players soley b/c of the conference we play in. Our players would also be better off playing better teams in my opinion. But hey, that's just me.

Re: CJ and Sammy might contest your assumptions.

May 22, 2012, 11:16 AM

What better teams???? If we stay and vt and fsu stay. The acc is a better conf. than the big 12

What did a conference totle do this year...

May 22, 2012, 2:28 PM

nothing. Id rather be the 3rd team in a badass conference and beat someones butt in a bowl game.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic