Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just when you thought you could expect a Brownell team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Just when you thought you could expect a Brownell team

Feb 14, 2018, 9:47 PM

to play well down the stretch, reality rears up and takes a big bite out of that dream. I'm sorry, but that was pathetic. It's as if we had won the game at halftime and only had to run out the clock in the second half. The game was over when we couldn't get the ball inbounded. Really? Guys just stand around until the whistle for a five second violation? For Pete's SAKE! That's really poor.

We had the weekend off. It's not like we had tired legs. At what point does Brad not light a fire under these guys to turn up the intensity? How can you watch your team turn the ball over 25 times and NOT get in their faces about playing like CHIT? You can't sit on a 12-point halftime lead.

This is a bad, bad loss. NEVER should have happened.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

You’ll let one game define Brownell?

Feb 14, 2018, 9:50 PM

Where were you the last four...oh, I guess he’s only responsible for our losses.

How about wait until the season is over (or at least take into account the REST OF THE SEASON THUS FAR) before posting this garbage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Dude. Don't come at me with that CRAP

Feb 14, 2018, 10:01 PM

I was starting to give Brad credit. That, however, is all about coaching. You don't have guys standing around on a crucial inbounds play and TURN THE EFFIG BALL OVER BECAUSE THERE IS NO EFFING EFFORT! There was a lack of energy all 2nd half. That is on Brad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dude. Don't come at me with that CRAP

Feb 14, 2018, 10:02 PM

Ok..so I assume you’d agree the season has been a success thus far but tonight sucked. Is that a fair statement of your thoughts on Clemson B-ball this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BRING IT!

Did you see what I saw down the stretch?

Feb 14, 2018, 10:11 PM

FSU played with intensity. We went through the motions. Did you not want to see Brad breathe some intensity into those boys?

I guess he just doesn't have that ability.

Dabo would have appealed to their sense of manhood and pride. They would have MOVED THEIR FEET ON THE CRUCIAL INBOUND. That really PIZZES ME OFF!

Re: Dude. Don't come at me with that CRAP

Feb 14, 2018, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Dude. Don't come at me with that CRAP ]

David78,
Did you bother to listen to radio/TV? Clemson lost this game due to constant pressure in the second half and good FSU defense on the three point line. I believe you need to listen to Brownell discussing the grit and work put forth by our guards. We need another point guard, but depth is an issue overall.

Nobody on the team or staff likes the loss, but losing Mitchell is a major blow. Instead of finding fault you need to support the team and staff for the remainder of the season and otherwise be silent unless you want to go play and see how long you last under such circumstances.

Go discuss your discontent at Prowl & Growl directly with Brownell. He will listen, but he might also disagree!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think I didn't watch the GAME? SMFH

Feb 14, 2018, 10:34 PM

Seriously? Get the eff out of here.

Bottom line: inbound the ball and we win. Get called for 5 seconds? In THAT situation? And you're going to cry, "they pressured us all second half"? Good gawd ALMIGHTY. You are some kind of special.

Why does Brad make $2 million/year? Maybe to have his guys ready to handle full court pressure? Which they did pretty well, actually. It wasn't the pressure. It was lackadaisical ball handling which resulted in a ton of turnovers. That is intensity. That is having your head in the game.

It still comes down to that inbounds play. As bad as we were in the second half, we still had the game in hand. Inbound the dadgum ball and we win. And guys were STANDING AROUND. What the eff is THAT?

Re: You think I didn't watch the GAME? SMFH

Feb 14, 2018, 11:00 PM

It is called good D and being at home. We had chances to close it out but we didn't. This L may be on BB but the 20 Ws are also.

How many of those 20+ turnovers were unforced errors?

Feb 14, 2018, 11:11 PM

I don't have the exact number, but at one time it was three in a row down the stretch. Unforced. Not because of pressure.

My OP wasn't about all that, though. We still had a lead and could have put the game away. Just had to inbound the ball. Didn't necessarily have to score. Make them foul.

Instead we get called for 5 seconds because there is no movement. Guys are literally standing around. That is really pathetic.

We played a very poor second half and still should have won the game. The failure to get the ball inbounds was indicative of the lack of effort all second half.

I know it's just one game. I love that we were picked 13th in the league preseason and had kicked butt. I also know this loss could inspire great effort against Duke. It's just that this loss came down to effort and focus. That is pathetic.

Re: How many of those 20+ turnovers were unforced errors?

Feb 14, 2018, 11:21 PM

Unforced turnovers aren’t the coaches fault. The players were prepared well by the coach but they made an unforced error. If you don’t believe me then explain to me how he should’ve better prepared his players to not make them.

Again, my problem is with guys standing around and

Feb 14, 2018, 11:39 PM

taking a five second violation with the game on the line. How can you say that is not a coaching issue? Would you not have addressed the inbounds play during the time out?

Re: Again, my problem is with guys standing around and

Feb 14, 2018, 11:44 PM

He probably did, but so did FSU and evidently they did a pretty good job of it. Plus that was one turnover, I was talking about all the unforced errors as a whole not just the inbounds play. And even on that play, maybe they didn’t execute properly. There are many factors that go into big games, that fans like you don’t even address.

“FSU trapped us and took me out of the game” - CBB***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to You’ll let one game define Brownell? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

20-5...CBB.***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:06 PM

BRING IT!

144-108 CBB***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess you don’t need to watch any more this year.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:10 PM

You’ve clearly formed an opinion that can’t be changed (otherwise you’d give him some sort of credit this year). Oh well, maybe they will fire him after appearing in the Tourney this year. LoL.

BRING IT!

Yes he has a good year this year but that does not make

Feb 14, 2018, 10:18 PM

him a great coach. I will admit to being pleasantly surprised by this team this year and I really do hope it is the start of good things for the basketball program. I will give BB the credit he deserves for this season but I will also say tonight is on him.

Re: Just when you thought you could expect a Brownell team

Feb 14, 2018, 10:04 PM

A week off but the team look tired tonight. Lack of depth showed up unfortunately.

How the HADES could they be tired?

Feb 14, 2018, 10:13 PM

They were uninspired.

Yawn. Just one game.***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just one game that would have clinched a double bye in the A

Feb 14, 2018, 10:15 PM

Tournament. Yeah, no big deal. Let's just mail it in for the 2nd half.

Let it go...

Feb 14, 2018, 10:22 PM

We can finish business with the remainder of our schedule (in which case I guess you’ll be here posting how happy you are) or we can choke (in which case I know you’ll be here posting how pissed you are). Just let it all play out before you go post-crazy about one game.

BRING IT!

Re: Just one game that would have clinched a double bye in the A

Feb 14, 2018, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Just one game that would have clinched a double bye in the A ]

So DAvid 78 would you have the guts to say that directly to the team and staff? Or do you merely express such a comment when you want to vent/rant? As I said in another post if you know so much have the guts to email Brownell or see him directly. Perhaps your frustration would be better served.

Go Tigers!

If you are suggesting that was a good coaching job, oh my,

Feb 14, 2018, 10:40 PM

I'd like to talk to you about a great investment opportunity. You seem like just the guy.

Re: If you are suggesting that was a good coaching job, oh my,

Feb 15, 2018, 8:37 AM

David78,
Nobody is suggesting anything beyond how you let one play in one game make you go ballistic! If you could merely observe how you come across with a rant you might consider showing a bit more constraint.

I am serious when saying communicate with Coach Brownell. I had a good conversation with him two years ago at Prowl & Growl. I am far more concerned about Shelton than the loss which I frankly anticipated after a layoff and from being on the road.

Have a good week and hope we can somehow upset Duke in LJC.

Go Tigers!

But it was a game that they should not have lost.***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:20 PM [ in reply to Yawn. Just one game.*** ]

6-2 in games decided by 5 points or less.***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big improvement over last year. And great to see.

Feb 14, 2018, 10:53 PM

This one should have been in the W column though. A real pity it's not.

what a crybaby...I'm bookmarking this one***

Feb 14, 2018, 10:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMAO! Bookmarking this one? Crybaby?

Feb 14, 2018, 10:57 PM

How about you tell me 1) where I'm wrong and 2) how much you appreciate that second half. I'll listen, bookmarker.

You'll be eating crow before your diaper rash clears up***

Feb 15, 2018, 12:22 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just when you thought you could expect a Brownell team

Feb 15, 2018, 8:52 AM

What a great fan

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive