Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tour de France starts 4:40am Sat via NBC Sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Tour de France starts 4:40am Sat via NBC Sports

Jul 6, 2018, 1:57 PM

and i’ve been in training recently 3-4 days a week riding 2-3 miles on my $255 Schwinn street bike with 7 gears & many tension settings plus an added thin $165 Italian Leather Saddle to protect my Undercarriage since it’s cut out in the middle (actually hasn’t worked all that well).

On the way I’ve met riders (cyclists) with $4500 bikes with real tiny tires & teeny round pedal bases which attach to bottom of your custom shoes with magnets (can you believe that!) who ride 10-100 miles a weekend which has made me feel rather amateurish.

But..i’m ready to sit back in the recliner for over 2 weeks with a cool beverage with finger chow to watch the bikers, fans with their national flags, beautiful terrain & villages & castles, ceremonies with stunning young wimmens giving out trophies (actually colorful shirts)..

and in a couple of weeks it’s into Paris on a sunny Sunday morn for final finish line..with Champaigne toasts.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tour de France starts 4:40am Sat via NBC Sports

Jul 6, 2018, 2:07 PM

Me too Bill. I'm sure we're in the minority on this bored. Just one thing. They're cyclist. Bikers have motors. :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

You're a couple of Tigers

Jul 6, 2018, 2:13 PM

That are cycling in...is that right? ;)
Remember to fuel the machines that you are!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/4y2ljs/cyclists_vsfood/

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're a couple of Tigers

Jul 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drop some knowledge, LBB...

Jul 6, 2018, 2:11 PM

Who do you want to see excel in the various disciplines/terrains? Sprints, TTs, high mountains, cobbles, etc.?

Vive Peter Sagan and Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Well...

Jul 6, 2018, 2:16 PM

my fav turned out to be a cheater...

Neil Armstong..

NO, Meant that Texas born Armstrong (Lance).

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drop some knowledge, LBB...

Jul 6, 2018, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Drop some knowledge, LBB... ]

The Colombian rider from the Quick Step team will win a lot of stages. I actually got to see him win the Long Beach stage in the Tour of California.

I'd like to see Quintana win the whole thing. I don't mind Froome, but he is not that interesting. I actually don't care about the controversy of him taking too much of his asthma drug. Idk.

It should be a really interesting route. There will be a team time-trial in stage 3 and a cobble stage in the first week.

I'm a big fan

Jul 6, 2018, 3:44 PM

I'll be watching

A lot of people around here on the roads think

Jul 6, 2018, 5:28 PM

they are in the Tour de France. I try not to run over all of them :)

Jul 6, 2018, 6:46 PM

Doping the France is about the only sporting event I care less about than soccer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll be watching. After the final stage means football is

Jul 6, 2018, 11:10 PM

beginning to start. Love the Tour for the same reasons I love college football...tradition, pageantry, passion from fans and athletes, strategy, team work, toughness.

Jul 7, 2018, 12:45 AM

The way the announce team frame and call each stage to the finish makes it compelling TV for those of us who work from home. I would like to see someone who doesn’t look like an insect win this year though and look forward to riders suffering mightily in the mountains. And then before you know it we are 3 weeks closer to kickoff!!

Your undercarriage is cut out in the middle and

Jul 7, 2018, 8:40 AM

hasn't worked all that well ?? That doesn't sound good at all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SAGAN!!!***

Jul 7, 2018, 8:41 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic