Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do NOT insult The Augusta National! Going into this week,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Do NOT insult The Augusta National! Going into this week,

Nov 14, 2020, 9:26 AM

Dechambeau said that HIS par around Augusta National, due to his prodigious length, was only 67. Well, he shot 10 over par for two rounds then, according to his reckoning, and is precariously close to missing the cut, at even par.He flailed his way to consecutive bogies on 17 and 18, after fighting back to -2 thru 16.

Ironically, the lead is -9, and in any other recent year, he would be in, being within 10 shots of the lead. However, in an effort to reduce length of rounds, total players, or whatever, this year Augusta dropped that provision, which could have saved DeChambeau.

When you disrespect one of these grand old golf courses, they will find a way to fight back. For Augusta, it was eating DeChambeau's ball on #3 yesterday, until after the time limit to find it had expired, and then letting it be found. That triple bogey 7 is ultimately what cost him a chance, if he does not make the cut. Karma is still a beyotch.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TheShamBoy... 380 but who knows where...Go Speith.***

Nov 14, 2020, 9:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Update: It does appears he will make the cut, on the number.

Nov 14, 2020, 9:51 AM

He might as well put that 48" shaft driver into play for the last two rounds. I don't think he could drive it much worse than he already has.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a prime example of the.........

Nov 14, 2020, 10:21 AM

"drive for show, putt for dough" type of golfer. There's a helll of a lot more to winning the Masters than hitting drives a mile.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. Adding 20 yards of length to your drives doesn't

Nov 14, 2020, 10:35 AM

help you if it just puts you twenty yards further in the woods. It just helps you find more lost snakes.

Reminds me of a funny story from years ago. Myself and some friends were playing a local course, and one of them hit his drive into the woods on the right of a hole, trying to cut off a dogleg. It was that time of year in South Carolina when you don't just venture into the woods willy-nilly, as Mr. No Shoulders was always out and about. But, friend did just that, looking for his ball. He got about two yards in, and the next thing I heard, in the quietest whisper he could scream was "HAND ME A CLUB!" Which I did, and he proceeded to beat Mr. No Shoulders about the head immediately with it, without moving from that spot. I was laughing so hard I didn't even have to say I told you so.

Re: Drive the ball a mile

Nov 15, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to He's a prime example of the......... ]

I could live with that.

As for ending up in the woods, I have great eye sight. Not only do I see - and avoid - snakes; I usually find one or two more balls (plus mine). Haven’t had to buy golf balls in 40 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Same

Nov 15, 2020, 12:05 PM

You are playing my type of golf.***

Nov 18, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Drive the ball a mile ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I just can’t pull for a guy like Bryson

Nov 14, 2020, 1:17 PM

Augusta is not an equation waiting to be solved, it’s a canvas waiting to be painted.

Re: Do NOT insult The Augusta National! Going into this week,

Nov 15, 2020, 10:54 AM

If he played well he isn't lying. He just didnt play well. Look at what DJ is doing! If Bryson played the course 100 times I'm sure his average score would probably be around 67.

Re: Do NOT insult The Augusta National! Going into this week,

Nov 18, 2020, 1:52 PM

Nobody mentioned a-hole Woods. That 10 was a thing of beauty but the network and announcers, as usual, treated him like he was the leader. His royalty reign is over. Nobody talks about Nicklaus like that but everyone knows why Woods is put on another level. If I were the other golfers, I would have something to say about Woods receiving most of the accolades by the networks, even when he finished 20th.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not a Woods fan or hater, but

Nov 18, 2020, 2:03 PM

the "other golfers" should have something to say about Tiger's impact on the game financially. Purse, endorsements, media coverage, etc....all were positively impacted by his "reign" as you put it.

I will admit that I didn't mind watching the implosion on #12, but I will also have to admit that I didn't expect the birdie-fest that came after. I watched him climb out of the bunker like he was hurt (on 12) and I thought he's done...he's headed for a convenient WD. But I was wrong.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic