Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Headed to downtown Hotlanta at noon....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 422

Headed to downtown Hotlanta at noon....

Jun 24, 2019, 11:09 AM

Staying at the Peachtree Plaza til Thursday.

Recs on dining opportunities, besides CFA and Lee's Inlet Kitchen?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

The aquarium has a nice cafeteria.***

Jun 24, 2019, 11:15 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should let you catch your own.***

Jun 24, 2019, 11:35 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lots

Jun 24, 2019, 11:21 AM

Der Biergarten, Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, Trader Vic's, Nick's Food To Go, The Optimist, Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q, The General Muir, Cypress Street Pint & Plate

lots of high end restaurants available also

J.R Crickets for some ATL lemon pepper wet wings

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yep Der Biergarten has excellent german food and well bier.****

Jun 24, 2019, 11:52 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Headed to downtown Hotlanta at noon....

Jun 24, 2019, 12:31 PM

Willmo had some good ones, there is a ton of eats east of Downtown near the Beltline area in O4W, Inman Park, etc.

You're pretty close to Krog Street Market which has a ton of options, you can do more chill walk-up places (Fred's Meat and Bread) or sit down at a few restaurants (Superica is really good upscale Mexican). For drinks Hop City has a massive bar with a ton of beer on tap or you can go to Ticonderoga Club is a cool spot for a cocktail.

Inman Park has a ton of fancier places but if you want something more chill you can hit up Hampton and Hudson (Gastropub) or Victory Sandwich Bar (smaller grilled sammies and the jack and coke slushie is a staple)

For beer, Wrecking Bar Pub and Porter Beer Bar in Little Five are great...Brick Store also if you want to make the drive to Decatur. If you are willing to sacrifice beer quality for an amazing view, New Realm on the Beltline has amazing views and is very walkable from Krog or Ponce City Market

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just made me thirsty. *******

Jun 24, 2019, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you even Torched Hop bro?***

Jun 24, 2019, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Headed to downtown Hotlanta at noon.... ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for a fact knows he does

Jun 24, 2019, 1:23 PM

well at least once

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Head to midtown for Torched Hop.

Jun 24, 2019, 12:39 PM

Great food, and better beer.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drive back to Clemson

Jun 24, 2019, 1:58 PM

It took me 6.5 hours to get home from Alpharetta last Thursday.

There must be a lot of money there to make that many people live there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Drive back to Clemson

Jun 24, 2019, 2:22 PM

wow...you must have traveled between 5:30 am and midnight.

the remaining hours are much less congested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

haaa...yea..left around 7:45 am

Jun 24, 2019, 2:24 PM

rolled into my house about 2:30.

More like a lot of jobs.***

Jun 24, 2019, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Drive back to Clemson ]

I guess. Atlanta is a lot like Columbia to me.

Jun 24, 2019, 3:50 PM

They can get somebody better and cheaper than what it would take to make me live there.

Alpharetta is like a generic city. It could literally be anywhere, USA. There's nothing distinguishing or different about it that sets it apart.

I mean aside from the top golf ..lulz

Schools are pretty dang good up that way.

Jun 24, 2019, 4:01 PM

Then there's a new Cherry Street brewing a couple exits up, and Variant brewing in Roswell. Roswell is kind of unique, stop in there next time you have to go to Alpharetta, some really great restaurants.

I'd like to say I will, but I won't.

Jun 24, 2019, 4:07 PM

Normally it's meetings from the time I get there until 5:30 or 6 pm, got to hotel 5 minutes away from the office, then the closest, generic place that everyone can eat, then back to hotel, and bed, and do it all over again then leave.

They had a thing with our parent company last year and they made everyone working from home either move to where they can go in the office in Alpharetta or quit, and about 80% of the folks affected quit. My old boss is building sun rooms now.

Replies: 16
| visibility 422
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic