Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
48-0: That's the Big Enchilada
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

48-0: That's the Big Enchilada

Apr 29, 2019, 4:26 PM

Oklahoma won 47 straight game between 1953 and 1957. This team can accomplish this. A little over 3 perfect seasons.

Would that be something? The ACC will be down for a few years and we are recruiting better than ever.

This is not a pipe dream anymore!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: 48-0: That's the Big Enchilada

Apr 29, 2019, 4:35 PM

If the Tigers can run the table this upcoming season, then that record will really be in jeopardy. Going back to back isn't easy. Going undefeated back to back is a monumental task. Dabo has built this program to make a run at rewriting the college football history books. No matter the outcome, the ride will be fun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dream big or don't dream.***

Apr 29, 2019, 4:39 PM

Re: Dream big or don't dream.***

Apr 29, 2019, 4:52 PM

I wonder if Vegas has odds on that yet. I would be willing to lay a couple of Benjamin's on it. The more I think about it, the more I would love to place that wager. Like you stated, dream big or don't dream at all.

It's only unthinkable if nobody thinks of it.

Apr 29, 2019, 4:58 PM

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 48-0: That's the Big Enchilada

Apr 29, 2019, 5:02 PM

Yes - let’s do it - Tigers !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

we are talking about going 48-0

Apr 29, 2019, 5:16 PM

while the coots are still trying to figure out how to beat Kentucky, and Jawja is still trying not to choke against Bama. good times.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a huge achievement, and should not come with

Apr 29, 2019, 5:30 PM

an asterisk. Here's why. During their streak, Oklahoma had to "start over" 4 times with a "new" team at the start of a new season, since only 10 or 11 at the most games were played back then.

They won their last 9 in a row in 1953.
10-0 in 1954
11-0 in 1955.
10-0 again in 1956
Won first 7 in a row in 1957 before the streak was snapped.

Interestingly, Notre Dame was their last loss before the streak started, and also the team that broke the streak, beating them 7-0 in 1957, the only game Oklahoma lost that year.

Now, even though we play more games each season, we lost our last game (to Bama) before our current streak of 15 began, as the last game of that season. So, to surpass 47 wins in a row, we, too will have had to "start over" 4 times with a new team at the start of a season. Even Oklahoma would have to agree, that would be truly remarkable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic