Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Draft: The week before, smoke screans and rumors
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,265

Draft: The week before, smoke screans and rumors

Apr 23, 2017, 1:58 AM

It's a little long, but with some accolades and personal evaluation of players. Corrected most grammatical errors, good enough for perspective on the topic.

I am like many who keep up with the latest on where Watson will go, so I'm inclined to post something about Watson working out with Jets, or 49er's coveting Watson, etc. But I've held off. Earlier this week Chicago was almost " All in " on Watson. For the ones who know the process, this part may bore a little. However, for those who don't, this is when chatter begins to start the trading preliminary rounds of the draft.

While it's fun to read the stories, the truth is, there are probably more than a couple of teams that have said " I can win with Watson ". Maybe not immediately, but see his intellect and how he grows and gets first team reps behind a veteran. Let's face it, Watson impressed at the combine, and started the positive talk then. Sure they've pocked the holes about velocity, but He's a winner. Then they turned around with Sports Science and compared his release point of that to Aaron Rodgers. He's intelligent, tough, can make the NFL throws, mature, a leader, on and on. It will grow into an long lasting NFL career, wherever he get's picked. He's the best and most proven QB in the class, and that's without orange tinted glasses on. If He goes a little later, it may be for his benefit. However, trades, talks & smoke screens are most of what you're seeing now.

The same as for the other CU players.

Tankersley has great value at CB position, with height and ball hawk skills. Sure he needs to recognize and be more alert ( which is his biggest criticism ) but when he does, he makes plays. His speed is not that of many of todays' WR in the league, but height, length, and ability to "stick" on his man will earn him playing time. Not to mention a lot of playing time against First round talent being taken before him, he will be a steal in someone's' draft IMO.

Leggett will also be a steal IMO. With his height and catch radius, as well as an impressive collegiate resume he is not a " risk" in this draft. His so called " lazy" bone will get worked out in the League for sure. Don't get me wrong, Leggett has become one of my all time favorite CU players. However, he's another that is not elite in speed like Howard, or the kid from Miami, but again his height, catch radius, and also having bit of a " clutch gene" himself will create instant miss-matches in coverage. Leggett can makes plays, period. A year in the League, muscled up and lazy bone healed, He can be a long-term player in the for this years' class. Another player that will be another steal in someone's draft IMO.

Scott is hard to evaluate, only because of his transition to the collegiate level. Maybe " sure hands" Scott becomes notorious in the League for his kick returns, and get's used as a WR in some formations? Find a team that fits well with his skills, he could make himself into a valuable player and have staying power with being able to catch the ball in the backfield. Wishing Scott the best, he will be missed at Cu for sure.

Gallman is the same tough evaluation. Some would think " tough evaluation?". Obviously he didn't run as fast as others at the combine, but Gallman brings a lot of skills to the table. I mean to CU fans He is " The Wayne Train ". Coincidently the year he broke the CU season record was when he was training with Terry Allen. Maybe Gallman get's picked up by a team, get's more training and he gains 15-20 lbs. His frame can hold it, and he is tough. Nothing " generic" ( as one ignorantly wrote ) about Gallman. Give him time to learn the system, and in an NFL weight and training program, He could be a tough 2-3 down back. BTW. He was graded higher in Lindy's sports rating book than Conner and a few others that are being considered higher. I hope he lands with the right team, and has a long career. Wishing the best for The Wayne Train.

Bullware is another hard grade. We know He is a CU warrior for life, will a team bet on his football IQ to give him some playing time in the league? he's got a nose for the ball, and he hits hard squared " straight up". What Bullware lacks in speed and size, he compliments with intelligence and heart. It's finding the right team, that will take that chance on him for what he brings, instead of what he doesn't. The ability to see plays before they are happening, if that translates, that will only up his stock in due time. Just my opinion, but maybe, just maybe he comes back as an assistant to Venables at some point In time :) But, that's just me. He's a warrior, wishing Him the best.

Watkins not hard to grade. He's reminds me of Jarrett. No going to be valued as high as some interior Defense players, but will hold his own in the league just as many have from CU over the years and still do like a name I mentioned before. Wishing the best for Watkins, and along career. A lucky team will pick him up late, and see his value as the years go on IMO.

So, remember, while you read lots of articles on who's going where according to a report, it could all change come Thursday night.

Wishing all the young men of CU all the best.

Atech

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Draft: The week before, smoke screens and rumors- corrected

Apr 23, 2017, 2:03 AM

It's a little long, but with some accolades and personal evaluation of players. Corrected most grammatical errors, good enough for perspective on the topic.

I am like many who keep up with the latest on where Watson will go, so I'm inclined to post something about Watson working out with Jets, or 49er's coveting Watson, etc. But I've held off. Earlier this week Chicago was almost " All in " on Watson. For the ones who know the process, this part may bore a little. However, for those who don't, this is when chatter begins to start the trading preliminary rounds of the draft.

While it's fun to read the stories, the truth is, there are probably more than a couple of teams that have said " I can win with Watson ". Maybe not immediately, but see his intellect and how he grows and gets first team reps behind a veteran. Let's face it, Watson impressed at the combine, and started the positive talk then. Sure they've pocked the holes about velocity, but He's a winner. Then they turned around with Sports Science and compared his release point of that to Aaron Rodgers. He's intelligent, tough, can make the NFL throws, mature, a leader, on and on. It will grow into an long lasting NFL career, wherever he get's picked. He's the best and most proven QB in the class, and that's without orange tinted glasses on. If He goes a little later, it may be for his benefit.

However, trades, talks & smoke screens are most of what you're seeing now. The same as for the other CU players.

Tankersley has great value at CB position, with height and ball hawk skills. Sure he needs to recognize and be more alert ( which is his biggest criticism ) but when he does, he makes plays. His speed is not that of many of todays' WR in the league, but height, length, and ability to "stick" on his man will earn him playing time. Not to mention a lot of playing time against First round talent being taken before him, he will be a steal in someone's' draft IMO.

Leggett will also be a steal IMO. With his height and catch radius, as well as an impressive collegiate resume he is not a " risk" in this draft. His so called " lazy" bone will get worked out in the League for sure. Don't get me wrong, Leggett has become one of my all time favorite CU players. However, he's another that is not elite in speed like Howard, or the kid from Miami, but again his height, catch radius, and also having bit of a " clutch gene" himself will create instant miss-matches in coverage. Leggett can makes plays, period. A year in the League, muscled up and lazy bone healed, He can be a long-term player in the for this years' class. Another player that will be another steal in someone's draft IMO.

Scott is hard to evaluate, only because of his transition to the collegiate level. Maybe " sure hands" Scott becomes notorious in the League for his kick returns, and get's used as a WR in some formations? Find a team that fits well with his skills, he could make himself into a valuable player and have staying power with being able to catch the ball in the backfield. Wishing Scott the best, he will be missed at Cu for sure.

Gallman is the same tough evaluation. Some would think " tough evaluation?". Obviously he didn't run as fast as others at the combine, but Gallman brings a lot of skills to the table. I mean to CU fans He is " The Wayne Train ". Coincidently the year he broke the CU season record was when he was training with Terry Allen. Maybe Gallman get's picked up by a team, get's more training and he gains 15-20 lbs. His frame can hold it, and he is tough. Nothing " generic" ( as one ignorantly wrote ) about Gallman. Give him time to learn the system, and in an NFL weight and training program, He could be a tough 2-3 down back. BTW. He was graded higher in Lindy's sports rating book than Conner and a few others that are being considered higher. I hope he lands with the right team, and has a long career. Wishing the best for The Wayne Train.

Bullware is another hard grade. We know He is a CU warrior for life, will a team bet on his football IQ to give him some playing time in the league? he's got a nose for the ball, and he hits hard squared " straight up". What Bullware lacks in speed and size, he compliments with intelligence and heart. It's finding the right team, that will take that chance on him for what he brings, instead of what he doesn't. The ability to see plays before they are happening, if that translates, that will only up his stock in due time. Just my opinion, but maybe, just maybe he comes back as an assistant to Venables at some point In time :) But, that's just me. He's a warrior, wishing Him the best.

Watkins not hard to grade. He's reminds me of Jarrett. No going to be valued as high as some interior Defense players, but will hold his own in the league just as many have from CU over the years and still do like a name I mentioned before. Wishing the best for Watkins, and along career. A lucky team will pick him up late, and see his value as the years go on IMO.

So, remember, while you read lots of articles on who's going where according to a report, it could all change come Thursday night. Wishing all the young men of CU all the best. Atech

Re: Draft: The week before, smoke screens and rumors- corrected

Apr 23, 2017, 7:36 PM

Mike Williams?

Bullware ?

Apr 23, 2017, 6:13 AM

Did you do that on purpose ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Draft: The week before, smoke screans and rumors

Apr 23, 2017, 8:02 AM

Are you part of the coaching staff?
If yes,then this pretty much good stuff.
If not,you can't really evaluate anyone ,can you?

Apr 23, 2017, 8:05 AM

If you're going to write novel sized posts to rival war and peace, you need to be better at grammar (especially the spelling part, which is fundamental). Or, you could donate and have the ability to revise your post.

For example, I made it to smoke "screans" and quit...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2017, 8:18 AM

Why do you capitalize he and he's when it's not at the beginning of a sentence?

don't pock holes in his writing***

Apr 23, 2017, 8:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't poke holes in his writing***

Apr 23, 2017, 1:37 PM

No, just a fan, sorry for the grammar mistakes. Working on the " he " instead of " He ' and have been. First post looked jumbled together, thought OP was an error, so I posted again. Wouldn't ever dis-respect someone, a player, etc. just do to a grammar mistake. Can't make everyone happy, not trying to. Just trying to give an evaluation coming from an old fan that sees a lot of potential in this year's class. Want to become a donor on the board and yes, it would help in deleting a second post, just haven't yet.

I wrote a post about a week ago about how I've met/corresponded with some really kind & generous people through TigerNet, and how that led to helping someone, multiple people. I hope that will continue. That's all.

"screan " in title, and that is what you notice ?

Apr 23, 2017, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Draft: The week before, smoke screans and rumors ]

;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "screen " in title, and that is what you notice ?

Apr 23, 2017, 11:12 PM

Yep, even with spell check sometimes it just doesn't always work out. ;) Good Content is the goal with study, just working on all the rest.

Apr 23, 2017, 6:27 PM

Nice post. Everything in the national sports media might as well be a smoke screen as far as I'm concerned, and is of no value to me. I tune it all out because it is just a waste of time in my view. I look forward to the actual draft, and to putting this fantasy mock draft nonsense behind us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Your writing is coming along ATech

Apr 23, 2017, 7:38 PM

Every time I see He capitalized mid-sentence, I think you are evaluating the son of God's NFL chances and it can be distracting. Keep working on your craft as it is coming along. Most readers can tell you put a lot of thought into your posts.

The reference points for my opinions are watching every Tiger game the past four years on TV or the watchESPN app. I also watched around an hour of the combine. I have on occasion stayed at a Holiday Inn Express but I'm more of a Marriott or Starwood traveler. And as a Holiday Inn Express patron, here are my thoughts.

As far as value and steals go, we will have to see where these guys go in the end. My opinion is that DW is a sure thing, MW a near sure thing - and the rest I just don't know.

If I were a GM, I would have a concern about Leggett's work ethic but see a reasonable risk/return in the late 3rd / early 4th. If Mac was an early 2nd round last year then Tank is a 4th. I think Jadar is a 2nd rd talent but wont go near that high. I wouldn't draft Ben but I'd be calling his agent immediately after the draft.

I don't think calling Gallman generic is an insult. The guy is solid all the way around. Nothing extraoridary but no significant weaknesses. He is still very raw technically and if he takes to the coaching, he could be a starter in a couple of years. He'll go early 3rd.

I pulled these opinions out of my rear. But remember that Holiday Inn Express thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your writing is coming along ATech

Apr 23, 2017, 9:50 PM

lol, good post. I appreciate the constructive criticism and seeing the content over the grammatical mistakes. I'm not a writer by trade, just an " All In " fan.

Valid points on all players. Leggett IMO will work out if he puts the work into it. The talent is there, with size. That catch in the National Championship game in the late 4th quarter, against FSU diving towards the goal line, and on. I could see him doing that in the pros. You're right, he will need to step it up in the League with discipline and work ethic. If he does, we will see him on Sunday's.

Gallman does have a lot of potential as well. I agree with your comments, he is raw. Man, he has toughness though.

After thinking about it, your comments on Boulware may be right. I guess I'd just like to see him play again. He'll end up a coach or coaching assistant someday IMO. Football IQ is very good, and toughness like a warrior.

Just couldn't help but write something about the smoke screens that are out their now. This team is high on Watson, wait, now this team. It will be interesting to see where they all land in the draft, right now though you can't tell no matter how much you read & listen to. Honestly, I hope Watson goes first round along with Williams. He is the most proven QB in the draft.

I'm wishing them all the best.

Re: Your writing is coming along ATech

Apr 24, 2017, 12:37 AM [ in reply to Your writing is coming along ATech ]

92 Tiger I hit you with #3000!!

A tech I enjoyed the post and don't worry if someone is so picky the quit reading over a capital letter, it's their issue.

We are here to lay back an enjoy Tigernet!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,265
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic