Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Downfield Bombs in the passing game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Downfield Bombs in the passing game

Jan 4, 2021, 7:29 PM

Few questions- Should we just expect this moving forward? Does it seem like more in the last 2 big games bc our pass rush hasn’t been as strong? Our best 2 corners on paper (AJ last year and DK this year) got beat a lot under these schemes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Downfield Bombs in the passing game

Jan 4, 2021, 8:33 PM

It appeared to me that coach V abandoned the blitz in the OSU game with the except 2 or 3 times. He usually uses that a lot more than that. The few times he did use it we either sacked Fields or forced him to run. By halftime Fields couldn’t run. I don’t know if it was the worry of their run game or something else. But the bombs that Fields threw he had all day to wait until the receiver was past the Safeties.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2021, 8:43 PM

I’m assuming that the holding on every-single-play is not accounted for in your assessment. Or the fact that Williams and Olave will be first round receivers. Not to mention OSUs experience versus the youth of this team. If anything, I personally think we over achieved. Clemson should be the more experienced team next year overall with a very talented young qb that has been in the fire. Y’all negative Nellys need to lighten up. Nobody wins them all.

Jan 4, 2021, 8:51 PM

yeah.the o-line holding call has become an endangered species.close to being extinct,except at certain
interesting times.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 4, 2021, 9:09 PM

So are you saying you didn’t see the blatant holds right in front of the officials or what? I believe we lose either way but you can’t wonder how the downfield passing was so successful with all day to throw without acknowledging “why” he had all day to throw. It’s a fact; not excuse. But there again, very experienced oline versus a bunch of young bucks that will be really, really good!! Go Tigers!

Jan 5, 2021, 12:13 AM

not at all.completely agree with you.kept yelling the entire game about the osu o-line holding and fields having all night to find receivers.don't you find it funny that the domers supposedly had one of the best,if not the BEST o-line,and we had no trouble getting to book all night in the 2d game.then against osu there's suddenly no pressure on the qb at all?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 4, 2021, 9:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Downfield Bombs in the passing game ]

I have accepted the fact that offensive holding will not be called in the SEC. The officials (I believe from the Big 12) didn't call it in our game vs. OSU. It would seem that we should be more liberal with the use of hands by our OL when officials are unwilling to call holding. On defense, it will be more difficult to sack the opposing QB. Perhaps we rush 4 and play pass defense with 7 in this instance. These are just my thoughts. I'll leave it to BV to run our defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic