Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Down time topic: Best College QB by Category
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Down time topic: Best College QB by Category

Jul 28, 2016, 2:51 PM

This is ONLY for their college careers. Pro careers have no impact.
Dual Threat: Ok, I will get this out of the way now. IMO Watson is as talented as anyone I have ever seen with DT skills. Tebow was dang close with his accomplishments and his ability, and I also throw Steve Young as a Super Under rated DT before there was such a term.
Pocket Passer: I give a slight nudge to Marino over Peyton as Manning could never beat Slurrier's Gators. Elway and Luck came close, as Elway was on a really bad team that he carried.
Option QB: Ok, another tough one actually. I give the Edge ro Tommy Frazier over Jamelle Holloway due to better passing skills, but dang could Holloway run. Honorable Mention to Kernan Reynolds.
Any One else care to compare/ list?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's my list

Jul 28, 2016, 2:56 PM

Duel Threat - Lorenzo Nunez

Pocket Passer - Chris Smelley

Option QB - Syvelle Newton

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you including their pro careers...

Jul 28, 2016, 3:21 PM

moran?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I wood replace Newton with

Jul 28, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to here's my list ]

Dookie Clowney

Best option qb I have ever seen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

I agree

Jul 28, 2016, 5:01 PM

He had the option of playing or not and usually chose not to.

Re: here's my list - add Steve Taneyhill

Jul 28, 2016, 3:32 PM [ in reply to here's my list ]

http://athlonsports.com/magazines/athlon-cover-catch-steve-taneyhill-talks-south-carolinas-future-coaching-high-school

bewm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Down time topic: Best College QB by Category

Jul 28, 2016, 3:41 PM

I dated a girl during my time at Clemson who had the best DT skills of any female I've ever encountered.

#GOTIGERS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

nobody cares about your relationship with

Jul 28, 2016, 3:43 PM

@Francis Marion

Jul 28, 2016, 4:04 PM

...Deep Sigh... I'm pretty sure there would be no Gamecocks on any of the 3 categories. Nor is DT that which you mentioned. That's and the SuC stuff is saved for the pallet yard/ Willy B Tailgate area

I think at this point, Marcus Mariota has to be on top

Jul 28, 2016, 6:20 PM

in the dual threat category. He had 10,796 yards passing and 2,265 yards rushing with 105 TDs passing, only 14 interceptions, and 31 TDs rushing in his career. During his Jr. and Heisman year, he had 4,454 yards passing, 796 yards rushing, 42 passing TDs, 16 rushing TDs, and only 4 interceptions in 14 games. DW still has another year, however, so he could definitely pass Mariota if he has another great year.

Good pull on Frazier but I'd give Pat White from WVU some props. He wasn't in the tradional triple option attack, but was in RichRod's spread read option kind of like Woody at CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think at this point, Marcus Mariota has to be on top

Jul 28, 2016, 6:44 PM

Pat White was a solid if under-rated guy. Super athlete imo. And I considered Mariota, but frankly, and this is just my opinion, I felt that he rarely played actual good teams. I always look at Oregon's schedule and other than the rare years they played Stanford(Losing) and USC (on the decline) that there were too many Azusa Pacific's and W. & Marys on the schedule with a weaker Pac 12. But, the kid could spin it, no doubt, and I look to see him light it up this year some and a LOT by next year.

You sound like the SEC crowd talking about the ACC.;) I feel

Jul 28, 2016, 7:19 PM

confident that Mariota's PAC 10 schedule was as tough as the ACC. They beat AZ twice, UCLA, Stanford (45-16) @ Utah, plus Michigan Sate OOC and he did lead them to a 59-20 win over FSU and Winston in the semis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2016, 7:54 PM

Vince Young has to be in the conversation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RA's for lists.***

Jul 28, 2016, 9:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RA's for lists.***

Jul 28, 2016, 10:43 PM

What is RA's?

Homer Jordan best option QB ever

Jul 28, 2016, 9:06 PM

fact

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic