Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trump $1000 idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Trump $1000 idea

Mar 19, 2020, 4:47 PM

Was just talking to my good college buddy, and we came up with an idea. (May not be original, but...) He's doing really well as an engineering manager, so I told him he should give his $1000 Trump check to his favorite waitress(es) since they're the ones who really need it.

We also decided to spread the word, thinking there are more of us that could afford to share the wealth a little. So here I am, planting the seed. If you can spare it, why not give the $1000 Trump is planning to give everyone to your favorite waitress? Tell'm you're a Clemson person and that's what we do! =o)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump $1000 idea

Mar 19, 2020, 4:51 PM

It is a good-hearted notion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 4:57 PM

I like the idea for all those giving whether to trump or Biden or Bernie to send elsewhere along with all the emergency welfare checks. But the legislation may exclude those making over 75k in which case everyone who gets it probably needs it. Besides, I'd need more info on the waitress anyways if I made that little.

Mar 19, 2020, 5:03 PM

I'm thinking of dividing my check and give $500 to 2 people. Those on welfare should not be eligible for this $1,000. Many have received Gov't assistance for years and have no interest in the workforce. No, I'm not mean but have worked in this arena for many years and no the truth about gov't assistance programs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 5:18 PM

In this bailout environment we are in there will be checks for everyone one way or another, a bi partisan bonanza.

so what is the max you can make to get your gov't check?***

Mar 19, 2020, 5:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just save enough to pay taxes next year***

Mar 19, 2020, 5:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I’ll setup a gofundme for those interested in donating their checks

Mar 19, 2020, 5:37 PM

and I will make sure it goes to the people most responsible for opening that account for charity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll setup a gofundme for those interested in donating their checks

Mar 19, 2020, 5:40 PM

Cool, I'll share with you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 5:44 PM

In all seriousness, this is a great idea. I've been very generous with my waitresses. If we all do this, we can help everyone get through this.

The flaw in the unemployment ins is they can only get that if they've been let go... Not if their hours have been cut.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Daughters of (no pigs) both work in restaurants and

Mar 19, 2020, 6:55 PM

have not been let go, but will be out of work until restaurants open back up full bore. Technically they still have a job but are temporarily out of work. They have not been let go, but their employers told them to file for unemployment. Apparently they are making exceptions for people temporarily out of work due to covid19.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I am going to do something similar

Mar 19, 2020, 6:42 PM

My adoptive cousin has a tough life with some physical challenges. She scrapes by as a teaching assistant. Assistants are no longer being paid. She also relied on working the Masters each year for extra income, and that has been taken away as well. So I will pass along what I can.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Mar 19, 2020, 7:10 PM

Isn't there a "need related factor" associated with the Government check? If so, I have not seen the numbers associated on who gets the $1,000.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 7:14 PM

Sub-$75K/year income...reduce above that and phase out at $99K.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2020, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Trump $1000 idea ]

I believe it's less than 75,000 for singles and 150,000 for couples,as of right now,but I suppose it could change at some point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 19, 2020, 7:13 PM

Nah

Mar 19, 2020, 7:38 PM

My neighbor indicated that there was a stipulation that you must spend the $1k, so not sure if you can give it away. Also not sure how the gov't would know if you spent the money. For me, that would NOT be a problem. That $1k would make a sucking sound like a Hoover vacuum as it disappeared from my wallet.

Mar 19, 2020, 11:08 PM

no offense but if you give it to a waitress are you not spending the check just asking. Good Idea on people that can afford it.

Doubt he'll get a check.

Mar 19, 2020, 7:47 PM

If they follow similar income guidelines as they did for George Bush's stimulus checks.

Re: Doubt he'll get a check.

Mar 19, 2020, 8:54 PM

You're probably right. Fun thinking about it though.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic