Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like 3 blowouts of ACC teams today. Happy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Looks like 3 blowouts of ACC teams today. Happy.

Dec 31, 2013, 5:18 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i was going to save the champagne for after the OB

Dec 31, 2013, 5:18 PM

but with 3 acc teams loosing today, why wait?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Especially since one of them was VT!

Dec 31, 2013, 5:20 PM

I love all these Tiger fans pulling for VT...I guess some don't remember them doing their little hokie chants during our alma mater in Death Valley.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

no doubt, it's not a forgivable offense, yet here some

Dec 31, 2013, 5:23 PM

of these participation award winners are, circle jerking to acc! acc! acc!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Especially since one of them was VT!

Dec 31, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Especially since one of them was VT! ]

I just wanted to win some steak knives from the bowl picks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about that until now

Dec 31, 2013, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Especially since one of them was VT! ]

Never forget!***

Dec 31, 2013, 8:22 PM

Re: Looks like 3 blowouts of ACC teams today. Happy.

Dec 31, 2013, 5:20 PM

Do you folks REALLY give a sheet what BC, VaTech or the rest of those clowns really do in their bowls??? Unless, of course, you have dinero on the outcome.....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I picked them both to lose.

Dec 31, 2013, 5:21 PM

Even if I didn't, I would still root for them to lose.

Re: I picked them both to lose.

Dec 31, 2013, 5:24 PM

My sentiments exactly....and hopefully, since the unc/Belk Bowl was over, our commish will be at one of these games and will be able to see the extended middle finger of all Tiger fans

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obvious outcomes***

Dec 31, 2013, 5:21 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Do u guys not realize how the weak perception of the ACC

Dec 31, 2013, 5:24 PM

hurts us? It's one thing for ESPN to punk on the ACC, but so far, it's looking VERY deserved. Our record, no matter how good, will always be suspect if this keeps happening year after year.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, there's no way a team from the weak ACC will ever

Dec 31, 2013, 5:25 PM

play for the national championship.

Re: Exactly, there's no way a team from the weak ACC will ever

Dec 31, 2013, 5:29 PM

If FSU lose to Auburn, the ACC will the dregs of College Football RE the media (not just ESPN).

Fine with me, I hate FSU***

Dec 31, 2013, 5:33 PM

Re: Fine with me, I hate FSU***

Dec 31, 2013, 7:03 PM

Have you ever stopped to think your hate affects no one but you and some of those around you. It doesn't affect FSU or its fans. This FSU fan wishes all Tigers a Happy New Year and a victory over Ohio State.

Nope, nor do I care.

Dec 31, 2013, 8:25 PM

But I do wish you a happy new year as well. And for the record, if FSU was playing USuCk or Ohio State I would root for FSU...because I hate them more than I hate FSU.

By the way, since you are judging me for hating on our main conference rival, I take it you don't hate Florida or Miami?

Re: Exactly, there's no way a team from the weak ACC will ever

Dec 31, 2013, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Exactly, there's no way a team from the weak ACC will ever ]

If the ACC loses then the SEC will have beaten a representative from EVERY other power conference. The story then will be that the SEC is the king and everyone else is their #####, and the ACC will get ragged on for being the last conference that could've ended the streak, but didn't.

But just think....

Dec 31, 2013, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Do u guys not realize how the weak perception of the ACC ]

Until March, we'll get to listen to how strong the ACC is as Syracuse wins their very first ACC Tournament!!!!

There is nothing we can do about it

Dec 31, 2013, 5:29 PM [ in reply to Do u guys not realize how the weak perception of the ACC ]

The schools have to want a good football program and, at least, try to accomplish that goal.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

We don't have to be "Happy" about it.***

Dec 31, 2013, 6:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, "we" don't have to be happy, "I" choose to be happy***

Dec 31, 2013, 8:32 PM

and rightfully so..

Dec 31, 2013, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Do u guys not realize how the weak perception of the ACC ]

only way we can keep our record from being suspect is beat the good teams when we do play them.

Most do not - neither is it understood playing Wake & GaT

Dec 31, 2013, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Do u guys not realize how the weak perception of the ACC ]

makes us weak. MS State is brutally violent compared to most soft ACC teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spite and vengeance win out over rational thought for many.

Dec 31, 2013, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Do u guys not realize how the weak perception of the ACC ]

There is no way we benefit from weak bowl appearances in the playoff systems next year. But I'm beginning to wonder if some who have such animosity for other ACC teams care more about seein the other teams fail than us succeeding. Losing one game next year and missing the playoffs just gives some people another thing to complain about.

Re: Double edged sword.

Dec 31, 2013, 6:11 PM

In conference teams losing will typically help your recruiting against them. The opposing argument is that too many losing teams in the conference makes the conference appear weak which, according to some, can also impact recruiting...negatively. If you have a good team, I seriously doubt the latter has much impact but where too many teams in a conference losing can have a negative effect is on bowl contracts and television contracts. Not sure how much of an impact...especially with the advent of conference networks (hasn't hurt the Big Ten).

Typically, I think having 3-4 strong teams in a conference is good for the overall reputation of a conference.

Your Character is what you do when no one is watching.

In so many words - it's about money and NC opportunities

Dec 31, 2013, 6:29 PM

A league limited to 3 (FSU, CU, The U) or at best 4 strong teams but followed up by teams that can't compete well OOC, neither of those two things - money and NC ops - will come easy. "Winning every game" is not the long term answer. Look how well it worked even for Saban and company. They'll still always get more money and a better shot at the next NC though.

I'm pretty sure not all ACC teams have lost in bowls

Dec 31, 2013, 5:29 PM

Pitt, Syracuse, and UNC have already won.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know, I was disappointed about that too***

Dec 31, 2013, 5:30 PM

GWP, you've been around long enough to know...

Dec 31, 2013, 5:45 PM

...that the bulk of us couldn't give two hoots in #### what those teams do. Unless we have a monetary or rooting interest in the outcome, it's all fluff and noise.

UCLA whipped VPI? They should have especially with the Hokie Humongus sidelined.

Arizona whupped BC? Is anyone surprised? Anyone truly bitterly disappointed? ####, you couldn't get a Salvation Army soup kitchen full of folks to cry about that outcome if you promised them doubles on dessert.

Remember: You can't spell Clemson without A-C-C. Oh, wait, you can. And we do just fine.

We just don't care.

We don't.

At all.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It will be fun to watch the reactions when we get left out

Dec 31, 2013, 6:06 PM

of playoff considerations because we lose a game and our strength of schedule doesn't get us any traction with the committee.

No, this is what you don't seem to understand

Dec 31, 2013, 8:28 PM

If we get left out of playoff considerations because we lose a game, then it's because we lost a game. Win them all, make the playoffs.

Rev, as I have said many times recently and every year at

Dec 31, 2013, 8:30 PM [ in reply to GWP, you've been around long enough to know... ]

this same time...I haven't pulled for ACC teams all year, so why would I start now?

Could the bowl committees have picked worse match-ups.....

Dec 31, 2013, 5:52 PM

yeh, I know about the conference tie-ins, but the match-ups have been pitiful. Maybe the bowl committees should spend more time picking teams that cn compete rather than how to party and screw the participating schools.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like 3 blowouts of ACC teams today. Happy.

Dec 31, 2013, 6:07 PM

no..not at all... a loss is one thing ...a blowout is another deal ..right or wrong...it's not good for the conference or us..

Many seem to enjoy it though. The whining once playoffs

Dec 31, 2013, 6:12 PM

start will be intense. I may have to avoid this board. Or revel in the misery of those who wanted the failure of the ACC...

Re: Many seem to enjoy it though. The whining once playoffs

Dec 31, 2013, 6:17 PM

College football goes in cycles. FSU hasn't been a power house program for a while, but now they look like the best program in the country. And Texas could now come after their coach… The best thing Clemson Alumni and fans can do is focus on what is within Clemson's control and improve on those things.

The SEC/ACC affiliations don't matter as much as some think. And if Clemson wins 10 games every year because they play in a weak conference then so be it. They play who is on their schedule, and do the best they can.

The playoff committee is still the unknown. Strenth of

Dec 31, 2013, 6:36 PM

schedule will still have a measurable impact.

But even more important is how prepared an ACC team will be for a playoff game if the conference opponents don't get much better. Today, it just doesn't look that good with the performance from VT and GT. I never expected BC to match up that well with Arizona. But GT had a one trick pony that Miss figured out how to stop and VT just has an awful offense. Awful.

Re: The playoff committee is still the unknown. Strenth of

Jan 1, 2014, 12:13 AM

I'll just sip my wine and be glad that those are other people's issues to figure out. It also highlights how good Clemson has it.

Enjoy it!

1 Clemson.

Again

Dec 31, 2013, 6:58 PM

Arizona smoked Oregon. Yes, that Oregon. Arizona has gotten better every year under rich rod( btw michigan has gotten worse each year). BC is one dimensional, zona had weeks to prepare to stop the run.

The acc does not hang it's hat on BC, and they were overmatched.

As far as vt, c'mon...they lost to Maryland and have no offense. It was 7-7 before they knocked Thomas out with what was a hit above the shoulders right after he released the pass. Va tech's backup QB isn't going to spark an already terrible offense. Ucla was running fake triple option passes late in 4th with the game in hand. VT could not complete a pass. Do you people watch the games or just scoreboard?

I'll tell you this much, let Johnny moneybags sprain his big toe vs Duke and they could get routed.

Now I'm going to go back and listen to Lou Holtz talk about how good the sec is due to miss st beating Rice.

Will be so glad when auburn has their horseshoes smacked out of their ##### by FSU. Sorry no notre dame or sec vs sec scam to pad eSECspn hype machine.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic