Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dorm Stories
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Dorm Stories

Apr 12, 2018, 8:31 PM

I just finished reading thru this thread from last year and have been laughing my a$$ off for the past 20 minutes...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Re-Inspired-by-Dorm-Post-a-Few-Days-AgoWhat-Was-Your-Funniest-21694996

I'd love to hear more of these stories. I have a couple from my time at Clemson back in the 90s, but they don't come close to most of the shenanigans found in that thread. LOL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dorm Stories

Apr 12, 2018, 9:47 PM

Wow. Those were funny. I remember my times in Johnstone. The crazy stuff, the panty raids, etc.

A EE major friend made a wireless speaker device and placed the speaker under a USPS mail deposit box across the street from my room on 4th floor. He would talk to people as they passed posing as the mailbox. Of course many figured it out but some had conversations/arguments with the mailbox. Fun and funny.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dorm Stories

Apr 13, 2018, 2:59 PM

Back "sometime" in the 70's I lived on the quad. One night (late) a prankster decided to light a bottle rocket and send it underneath the door into my room. Some of you might remember the doors had a large gap at the bottom for reasons unknown. Anyway, the sudden flash and pop got my attention and that of my roommate and once we calmed down, a revenge plot was formed.

We found who the perpetrator was and also learned this foolish one didn't lock his door at night. (Back in the 70's this was common in dorms). My roommate and I borrowed the cannon from the cheerleaders (yeah, that one) rolled it up the steps at about 3:00am, and approached the room of our assailant. My roommate swung open the door as I rolled the cannon in and pulled the cord. It was loud. Not only was it loud, but the concussion from the blast blew out the window. We rolled back out, closed the door, and were never bothered by said individual again.

^^^^Now THAT is awesome! LOL***

May 3, 2018, 11:59 AM

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic