Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dorian O'Daniel at RB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Dorian O'Daniel at RB?

Oct 2, 2014, 7:48 PM

So Mickey brought up that O'Daniel might be an option at RB. Is he being given an opportunity? Just conjecture or wishful thinking? I recall a year or so ago reading he played RB and LB in high school. TIA for insights on O'D at running back story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I recall he has a very good RB in highschool

Oct 2, 2014, 7:54 PM

But I don't think our running problems are really the talent at RB and more of a problem of talent at OL and blocking at TE and WR positions. Blocking seems to be a problem for us on offense and Special Teams.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As I recall he has a very good RB in highschool

Oct 2, 2014, 9:59 PM

See I think yes we are struggling on the o line but I think just as much the problem is we def don't have any very good RBs, I think choice and gallman will get there but this line is not any worse than we have seen the last fee years but we have had good Rbs that hit holes and make things happen...we will definitely not see a 1000 yard rusher this year

Oct 2, 2014, 10:26 PM [ in reply to As I recall he has a very good RB in highschool ]

Go back and watch the unc game. The ol played ok. The rbs are terrible.

Oct 2, 2014, 11:46 PM

TEs idnt block either

Re: Dorian O'Daniel at RB?

Oct 2, 2014, 7:54 PM

Yes, he was recruited by many top schools as a RB. That was actually his primary position in HS, and he was pretty #### good at it. Good enough to earn a 4 star rating and an Army All-American game invite.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody was recruiting him as a RB***

Oct 2, 2014, 8:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting, considering my roommate played with him in HS

Oct 2, 2014, 9:02 PM

nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you're definitely an expert on his recruitment, obviously

Oct 3, 2014, 1:03 AM

O'Daniel is really talented and was a highly rated recruit, but his rating was for his potential as a LB. None of the recruiting services had him listed as a RB, he is quoted as saying he knew LB was the position he'd be playing in college long before he signed, and he played LB in the all star games he played in. His rating was based on him playing LB, not RB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Gallman looks better at LB than RB on his HS film

Oct 2, 2014, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Dorian O'Daniel at RB? ]

not sure the stuff translates or what their desires are.

Not gonna happen, just absurd talk***

Oct 2, 2014, 7:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah and it was absurd to think Vic would play DE....

Oct 2, 2014, 8:00 PM

....when he got here to. Never say never...

Nobody knew wher to play Vic at first

Oct 2, 2014, 8:11 PM

O'Daniel was always considered an LB

Re: Nobody knew wher to play Vic at first

Oct 2, 2014, 8:16 PM

With as much depth as we have at LB I don't see what it would hurt. He was a stud in HS at RB.

Anybody know if he has practiced any at RB. We really need

Oct 2, 2014, 7:56 PM

A game changer at RB

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 8:05 PM

has our RB's been the problem? It just seems to me that it's more of an offensive line problem with run blocking. If thats the case then it doesn't matter who's running the ball, its gonna be ugly.

Oct 2, 2014, 8:08 PM

It is a great idea ! 6'1" 217 # big back with great speed !

YES THIS MUST BE DONE ! We do not know if Dye will ever see the field.

We need help for next yr as well. He was a great rb in high school.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 2, 2014, 8:14 PM

Some of the problems with the running game is the backs r running with their heads down and not looking for the holes or cut back lanes

So all these guys come in and practice at RB and struggle to

Oct 2, 2014, 8:34 PM

learn the system in first year, or even two years, and this guy will move mid season and be able to contribute ANYTHING?

Highly doubtful.

So he would be a project for next year, which becomes a pointless exercise as we get guys like Brooks and Dye back and only lose Howard......

Re: So all these guys come in and practice at RB and struggle to

Oct 2, 2014, 8:47 PM

Brooks ihas been injured very yr and dye may not heal probably or be the same back as he was. Still question marks ???????????

Silly Debate/Topic

Oct 2, 2014, 9:10 PM

Hate to say it, there are morons on this website... Why would they move him to RB? He's waiting his turn right now. It's shows CU has recruited well. Let him play Spec Trams this season, then make an impact next season. Gallman and Choice are legit. Coaches need to play them, plain and simple

Oct 2, 2014, 9:55 PM

YES IT WILL HAPPEN!

Re: Dorian O'Daniel #6 Should be playing Defense/or/Offense

Oct 2, 2014, 11:20 PM

I've been looking for this young man on Defense or Offense.My son and I finally saw him in on Kick coverage and punt coverage he made several tackles by himself against unc,he was first down field,we have been looking for him this year,His films are some of the best high school players we've seen for finding football and avoiding being taken out of play,yes he also looked very good on offense,in high school he looked like a Man playing against JV high school! I am not knocking Coaches!but our sam,mike lbs second team cannot cover edge plays they get out ran almost every time #10 is really slow on the edge,we just question some of Clemson's Coaches depth chart choices,and how can they even overlook a player out of high school who was #15 in NATION no matter of position,have you guys or gals noticed we do not have any speed on defense or with our running backs,yeah I know Clemson's offensive line does not look very good @ blocking for passing,or running the football,thus we are pretty sure why they chose to go with a more agile running threat with Watson had too, but if we can't block either way put a little more speed in backfield,we definitely need more speed on defense! We think for whatever reason for Dorian not getting more playing time somewhere ,he is being overlooked,our Coaches need to wake-up just as they did with putting Watson in for more mobility,or Clemson may end up losing another really good football player,Athlete,we Coach so we are aware of practice is where you earn your playing time ,Clemson Coaches seem to have Tunnel vision ! O'daniel #6 should be playing offense or defense!Put him in Coaches!#6#6

Well, it isn't as ridiculous as waterboy for LB but...

Oct 3, 2014, 7:26 AM

he wasn't recruited at RB for a reason. If we start something as stupid as taking guys from their natural positions we are apt to fill a void at one spot at the expense of another.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic