Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't you kind of, at least a little bit, wish that our
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Don't you kind of, at least a little bit, wish that our

Nov 27, 2019, 12:01 PM

rivalry game was actually a real rivalry game that got some national press? I can't stand USuC and love watching them lose in humiliating fashion, but at the same time, I wish that this game could get some good national attention and press - something outside of the SC borders. There's a lot of great history to it. But to do that, USuC would have to be good when we're good and there would have to be something at stake, so I doubt it will ever happen. But still - would be nice to be listed up there with Ohio St/Michigan, Auburn/Alabama, FSU/UF, and so forth.

I'm also quite content with yet another huge blowout that sees the stands at Willy B empty in the 2nd quarter and gets only 30 seconds on ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't you kind of, at least a little bit, wish that our

Nov 27, 2019, 12:16 PM

Be careful for what you wish. Years ago I actually wished that since neither team was all that good. The next thing I knew, uofsuc had reeled off 5 straight wins and the five-bombs were everywhere. Then I wished that they would suck again. It's better now. :)

Nov 27, 2019, 1:53 PM

Can you please wish me to win the lottery. TIA

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be kind of nice if they were relevant on the

Nov 27, 2019, 12:18 PM

national level so that beating them would provide us the kind of late season bump in strength of schedule that the SEC teams get just by playing each other. (Thanks to the never ending overhyping and overranking of said teams to begin with).

But, that would mean that Coot nation would be happy, that they would be experiencing some success, so, .....NAH, let's just keep things as they are. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2019, 12:24 PM

I understand what you are saying and somewhat agree. The problem is last time they were really good they beat us 5 straight times and that was miserable. I never want to experience that again. I would much rather they suck and we beat the tar out of them. I do wish FSU, Miami or Louisville were better so we got national exposure through our ACC schedule. IMHO.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm glad to see that they are a total mess as

Nov 27, 2019, 12:58 PM

a football team, and as a school. Their bitterness toward their trustees, president, athletic director, and coach makes me very happy. Couldn't happen to a nice crowd...
May it continue though out the rest of my life.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic