Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's time NOW to start planning and building seats on the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

It's time NOW to start planning and building seats on the

Jan 17, 2017, 12:10 AM

East Zone over the Hill. Must leave an opening for the traditional, sacred run down the hill, but enclose the hill with seats. They should be as high as he current scoreboard, and join the north and south stands. It's gonna happen someday - get it done now!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's time NOW to start planning and building seats on the

Jan 17, 2017, 12:53 AM

I am actually on board with it . Have been for a while actually . Maybe another 1200 seats across the east endzone with a covered pedestrian bridge . No higher than the scoreboard .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Don't want it. Love the view of the campus we currently get.***

Jan 17, 2017, 6:03 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't want it. Love the view of the campus we currently get.***

Jan 17, 2017, 6:14 AM

I would rather see the west zone extended to the upper decks than to mess with the hill in any way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must be living in his mom's basement***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:31 AM [ in reply to Don't want it. Love the view of the campus we currently get.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

lol @ red tiger paw avatar***

Jan 17, 2017, 8:36 AM

Exactly how I feel. We start having the corner upper decks full

Jan 18, 2017, 2:07 AM [ in reply to Don't want it. Love the view of the campus we currently get.*** ]

for 90% of our home games for 3 yrs, then maybe it becomea realistic. Otherwose, don't take away that view of campus or the amazing walk from Bracket Hall down.. what a great sight to see!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 17, 2017, 8:35 AM

I'm in favor. It would be high enough to still feel open going down the hill. It would kinda have to be constructed over williamson though. I don't think it would be good over the hill.

I was more in favor of just a skywalk going across. No seats.

Eliminating the grass area actually reduces total capacity

Jan 17, 2017, 9:31 AM

... by changing flexible general admission to permanent seating. Right now, they can put 4-6K on the grass.

Also, the street behind the East End Zone is an important route to and through the campus. It would have to be eliminated to build permanent seats rising as high as the scoreboard.

Because the original additions to the stadium were so ill-conceived and poorly designed, I can believe that there may come a day when they decide to slap a bunch of permanent seats in the East End Zone, but I hope they don't.

They could have made a huge horse-shoe with the West End Zone when they did the upper decks. That would have looked great and actually increased capacity greatly. But, instead they put in the fancy WEZ office complex which has now been superseded by the new football complex and rendered fairly unnecessary.

IMHO, the entire stadium renovation since 1977 has been a horrible exercise in poor design and execution. I hope we don't make it worse.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most new stadium designs are going to less capacity with better fan experience.

Jan 17, 2017, 9:38 AM

I disagree this is needed. The west end zone addition added style to the stadium while allowing for more club level seating which is huge if you want to play with the elite of college football. Boosters and corporations bring in important income to the athletic department.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The club level seating and boxes are great! But the

Jan 17, 2017, 3:09 PM

money spent on the administrative complex and offices was largely wasted expenditure now that football is moving out.

The concept of the WEZ was necessary at the time, but now it appears we could have done a better job of designing it.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? A well designed seating could add 15,000 seats and

Jan 18, 2017, 1:45 AM [ in reply to Eliminating the grass area actually reduces total capacity ]

still leave the opening for the team to run down the hill. A 100,000-seat Death Valley stadium is easily in reach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say close in the lower bowl, build a new scoreboard. Keeps

Jan 17, 2017, 9:36 AM

The views, adds seats and we get a new Jumbotron!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This ^^^

Jan 17, 2017, 9:41 AM

and add some amenities to the new concourse. A fan zone with tvs. A ball pit and slides for kids. Interactive experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So...get rid of the hill?***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to I say close in the lower bowl, build a new scoreboard. Keeps ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jan 17, 2017, 9:40 AM

Let's close the whole stadium in and add a dome while we're at it.

Jan 17, 2017, 9:48 AM

overall, college football attendance DECLINED for the 6th straight year in 2016. Clemson held fairly steady. But the rising cost of attending games.. travel, booster club donations, tix costs, etc... coupled with more and more games on TV... and in high def... will most likely affect CU at some point. disagree that now is the time to add seats. want to spend some $$$ on the valley? update restrooms and concessions.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some time ago, in a similar discussion, I supported

Jan 17, 2017, 9:54 AM

the view that the stadium would be enlarged soon enough.

My thinking was a complete redesign of the WEZ, creating a bowl effect, and some sort of enclosure of the EEZ, leaving the hill in place.

The thoughts were predicated upon my experience since my freshman year in 1965, of our expansions, which in those early days would have seemed either unnecessary or unimaginable or both. Now, with an expanding alumni and fan base along with successful seasons, I believe the demand will force supply.

Hence, look for a Death Valley seating over 100,000 within the next ten years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Hill Club - just add another club level around the score

Jan 17, 2017, 10:04 AM

board for more big money folks - and the connection of the two sides.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

When 83000 show up for Wafford clemson

Jan 17, 2017, 10:15 AM

Will need to add on.

Clemson is knee deep in athletic Capitol improvements right now.

Why dump millions into seats that will be used 2-3 times a year?

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I think the WEZ should close around, keep the EEZ open***

Jan 17, 2017, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Jan 17, 2017, 5:14 PM

What we really need is a monorail from Greenville to the stadium so I don't have to worry about parking and walking 2 miles to the stadium.
Leave the hill alone.

NO. They've already taken enough grass and trees out of DV

Jan 17, 2017, 5:21 PM

If I wanted Clemson to play in a cement bubble

I'd start suggesting that we just build a dome -

and ask you to shoot me when it's done.

Jan 17, 2017, 5:21 PM

Looking for 4 tickets in the new east endzone seats. Will pay face value. TIA

Jan 17, 2017, 5:34 PM

If you ask me, they should build more 50yd line seats instead, because that's what everyone wants.

Jan 17, 2017, 6:00 PM

NOOOOOOOOO! Leave the Hill alone! That is what makes our stadium unique. Add seats somewhere else, but leave the Hill alone! And that's my rant for the day! But seriously, don't touch the Hill!

I say string thousands of zip lines from the oculus

Jan 17, 2017, 6:40 PM

to an anchor in the EEZ. Let fans pay to be attached to one in game with pulleys so they can follow the ball. Amazing fan experience! High revenue! Could hover over the opposing huddle and hock loogies!

Just do it! ??

Re: I say string thousands of zip lines from the oculus

Jan 17, 2017, 6:59 PM

A third deck is the best option. It would create higher demand for the current upper
deck

Jan 18, 2017, 2:16 AM

No stands, just a pillared connector walkway, ala USC Trojan stadium.

Redesign WEZ and leave the EEZ alone***

Jan 18, 2017, 7:45 AM

Jan 18, 2017, 9:44 AM

Yeah I would like to see some type of enclosement of seats in the East end zone while leaving the grass for the students and the hill for the entrance...it actually wouldn't bother me if they put seats on the hill for the students and just left the area for the team to run down grass...in saying all of this...the one thing that needs to happen is that they need to cut off the top 1/3 or 1/4 of both upper decks...this seats are terrible and rarely get full yet the same seats in the east end zone would be occupied...

I don't care about increasing capacity that much, maybe to a little over 90k would be great but the overall design could be much better and even louder if we did some additions to the east end zone and subtractions from the upper decks...

Normally, I would think this would be very difficult but after seeing the transformation that Tx A&M did this year...well the engineers/architects and contractors can do anything these days!!!

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic