Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't understand how so many people are upset over Nuk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Don't understand how so many people are upset over Nuk

Nov 8, 2017, 8:16 PM

He was in the facility every day, he was just speaking to what he experienced.

He wanted to be treated like the man and like a first round draft pick. He didn't feel like he was, but it never showed on the field. He played his heart out for Clemson.

Now, maybe for all of the posters on here who are so upset about it can explain how they were treated as a member of the football team

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I received a text re: people being mad at Nuk***

Nov 8, 2017, 8:17 PM

Re: I received a text re: people being mad at Nuk***

Nov 8, 2017, 8:20 PM

People that have never been inside the operations of the football team daily and don't know what goes on?

I understand why so many people are upset with Nuk.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:22 PM

He insulted our University, football program and coaching staff. All he did with me is move up on my prayer list but I appreciate why folks are giving him a hard time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I understand why so many people are upset with Nuk.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:24 PM

But Nuk was actually a part of it, he can actually say it is "his" team. You say it is "our" team because you are a fan, you see everything from the outside looking in.

If you were as close to the program as Nuk you might would have agreed that he was a little under appreciated. After all, he was told to come back and then was a first round pick. First round picks aren't often told to come back.

I don't think he insulted the school or his coaches. I think he was on a podcast with a close friend and talked about some of his experiences

Where were the insults?

Nov 8, 2017, 8:28 PM [ in reply to I understand why so many people are upset with Nuk. ]

All I saw is someone who wanted to be “the man”, but perceived that he wasn’t, and didn’t like that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where were the insults?

Nov 8, 2017, 8:31 PM

These diehard Clemson fans don't like it when the guys that give them something to pull for speak their mind.

And YOU don’t like it when fans speak their mind???

Nov 9, 2017, 8:38 AM

But I guess you have evidence of the mistreatment that was encountered and are willing to share, right? Also how many things can you protest at once?

This retort is so boring.

Nov 9, 2017, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Where were the insults? ]

Thanks man. People don't like opinions that oppose their own, insult them or disrespect them? Wow. Crazy.

The article on Tigernet at least implies that he considered the treatment from his coaches to be unfair. It implies that he specifically uses his high school instead of Clemson because of that. Maybe you don't think that's wrong, or maybe you think people are overreacting. Fine. But spare me the "college football fans are flawed because they don't like what Nuk said" routine. There's little about those comments to like.

Everyone I know loved Nuk. Keep in mind, he was targeted more his Junior year than Sammy was. So what was that? Tajh overruling the coaches? Or do you really think the coaches ignored a guy who racked up 1,400 yards in a season?

But again I say, best of luck to him. He is having a great career in the pro's and that is awesome for him.

null

You're not a diehard fan so you are not allowed to

Nov 9, 2017, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Where were the insults? ]

Comment on their comment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I always appreciate your posts 88, bc even in

Nov 8, 2017, 8:38 PM [ in reply to I understand why so many people are upset with Nuk. ]

disagreement, you can articulate your points and have a conversation. So TU, even though I disagree. But clearly people are offended. I am not, nor are some other posters.
So I'm genuinely asking you where you are taking offense to the staff, the university, or the program.
I do see him not liking the NCAA/college football model, but I don't see anything offensive.
Help me out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Thank you for the kind words.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:59 PM

I'll try.

Imo, since Nuk only colleged in Clemson his personal on college must include Clemson. Elsewise, it is easy to believe he would have excluded Clemson. I believe it's impossible to think that he knows enough about how other programs are run to make broad sweeping statements about college sports. I suppose if we think Nuk is stupid enough to make claims outside his personal experience then I might be found wrong.

His comments about being treated like a red headed step child impeaches the integrity of our entire coaching staff and suggest that they were unfair to use his services as they did. I have noticed over the years that our coaches accentuate the skills of our upperclassmen when it is their time to test the draft. Of course not everyone is capable of playing in the NFL for one reason or another but if you'll think back you'll remember Nuk getting more than a fair share of targets his last year.

It's not that I simply disagree with Nuk about these two issues, it's just that he is wrong. I will not entertain other opinions for I have seen this with my eyes. When one sees something with his own eyes it's a waste of time to discuss whether or not the event happened.

With evidence that the previous is true it is no wonder so many people are insulted and upset at one of our family members speaking out against the family. I reckon they feel violated and I can certainly understand.

In all honesty I doubt Nuk's issue is anything to do with Clemson though our University took the shot. It probably has nothing to do with colleges or football. I think he is wrestling with The Holy Spirit. He belongs to God and can't reconcile his inner desires for the politics of our day and the gentle movement of God's Spirit. Been there and done that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the post. Tu.

Nov 8, 2017, 9:27 PM

The NCAA college rules apply to Clemson and Everyother U. the same. I took his Ponzi scheme commebt to be a shot at NCAA rules, not at Clemson. So it didn't matter where he went to school, the coment would have been the same bc the rules are the same.

I agree about his targets. Heck, I feel like he was a one man show his FR year. He had like 12 catches a game. Then comes Sammy, and a 76yrd TD scamper on his first touch. As fans, it seemed like we all fell over Sammy and took Nuk for granted. We cheered for Nuk, but loved Sammy. That is what my experience was. Perhaps he felt that, or perhaps he was referencing coaches.
But either way, you don't like it, and I get that.

I don't have clue where his religious beliefs are, so I can't speak to that.

Thanks again for a thoughtful response.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Thanks for the post. Tu.

Nov 8, 2017, 9:45 PM

Soywaker, Obviously you don't have a clue. If I'm not mistaken, Nuk was baptized on the football field at Clemson. Blast away if I'm wrong. I see a STARK change in his attitude publicly since he signed a contract that will take care of his family for generations.

Yep, forgot about that. But nc he got baptized on the field

Nov 9, 2017, 1:28 AM

5 yrs ago, are you un solid position to speak to his religious beliefs? The first part and second part of your post read a little contradictory in what theu are alluding to.

null

Re: I understand why so many people are upset with Nuk.

Nov 8, 2017, 9:34 PM [ in reply to I understand why so many people are upset with Nuk. ]

please show me where Nuk insulted the university.

I am not angry....just sad.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:30 PM

Nuk is a player I loved watching in a Tiger uniform. I find it sad that while I was cheering his name he felt that he was under appreciated.

I find it sad that whatever went on with the Clemson football program seems to have soured him about Clemson as a whole.

I will continue to track his NFL career.....I will continue to be impressed with his abilities....I will continue to wish him the best. But I will always feel a little sadness that my love of him stems from the fact he wore that Clemson uniform and he seems to have had a negative experience at Clemson.

Re: I am not angry....just sad.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:34 PM

Me too TLT. I loved watching Nuk, he was a super athletic and explosive Renfrow, when the ball went his way I knew he was going to catch it.

I'm sad that some of the posters are here feel like these guys should shut up and play ball. What career do you need to go in to be able to speak your mind?

I wish everyone could be as reasonable as you about it, and not just jump down his throats because he didn't say something you agree with about the team you "pull" for

You can always speak your mind ... but don't be surprised

Nov 8, 2017, 8:54 PM

when people take exception to your opinion and don't appreciate what you have to say.

That's their right as well.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You can always speak your mind ... but don't be surprised

Nov 8, 2017, 8:57 PM

I agree 100%. I don't agree when people say "just play ball" or something like that.

Re: You can always speak your mind ... but don't be surprised

Nov 9, 2017, 9:08 AM

First, no one here is saying "just play ball". Nuk is bitter about something, and maybe he has every right to be, but you don't get over bitterness by alienating people that love you. The fans at Clemson never did anything to Nuk that would warrant some of the things he said. For the other things he said we would have to believe that Dabo is who the Coots say he is ..... not what we have learned over the last ten years. I choose to believe what I have seen with my own eyes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People have the experience they make

Nov 8, 2017, 8:39 PM [ in reply to I am not angry....just sad. ]

If his experience was negative, perhaps he should look in the mirror

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: People have the experience they make

Nov 8, 2017, 8:43 PM

Perhaps.....at times everyone could use a moment to step back and reflect.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:59 PM

If you caught your husband doing your best friend would you take a moment, step back and reflect? Just curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2017, 9:02 PM

Do you know something I don't know? Should I be having a conversation with my "husband"?

Nov 8, 2017, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: People have the experience they make ]

Imo, that doesn't remotely relate to arguments over what or how someone said something.

I read his feeling second to be his utilization

Nov 8, 2017, 8:40 PM [ in reply to I am not angry....just sad. ]

in the gameplan, not in the way fans cheered for him or made him feel.
Am I missing where he speaks about the fans "love"?
TU to you Tenn :)

null

Re: I read his feeling second to be his utilization

Nov 8, 2017, 8:53 PM

No...I have never heard him discuss Clemson fans.

I just meant that it saddens me he was feeling underappreciated while there. While I was cheering him on.

Nov 8, 2017, 8:57 PM [ in reply to I read his feeling second to be his utilization ]

He was playing with a future #4 overall draft pick and 4 other future NFL receivers, yet he still had 1405 yards and 18 TD. Watkins was 2nd with 708 yards.

Nov 9, 2017, 7:51 AM

Something is going on in Nuk's life. He has had a negative vibe lately. He was a low four star athlete out of little Central, SC. Plays a couple of years for Clemson and become a first round draft choice playing behind a hall of famer who takes him under his wings. He becomes the favorite target of a rookie quarterback, but still complains about how many times he gets targeted. Nuk caught 52 passes as a freshman. Huggins and Rogers won't get that many. Are they not appreciated? He caught 72 passes the next year with a ton of talent playing with him. He was treated like a hero, as were Watkins and Bryant. He got a lot more attention than Cherone Peak. He was baptized on the practice field with all the football team in attendance. That is not a red-headed step child. I hope he deals with whatever issue he has. Like everyone here, I'd like to see a happy and prosperous Nuk.

Re: Don't understand how so many people are upset over Nuk

Nov 8, 2017, 9:01 PM

Wonder how much he affected recruiting?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Zero.***

Nov 9, 2017, 8:44 AM

Nov 8, 2017, 9:19 PM

NFLU. Spot on. They didn’t want Pinion to leave either and said he wouldn’t get drafted. Look how that turned out. Remember, this is a business and is treated like one. Don’t fool yourselves.

Nov 9, 2017, 1:51 AM

Bc racist...

No siriusly ..

Residue on the mind

-ib

Nov 9, 2017, 8:29 AM

I guess after reading his comments again he really didn't say anything that tarnished the program or challenged the integrity of Dabo and his coaching staff.

He simply said he felt like he should have been the #1 receiver. I bet if you asked Dabo he would say...well I felt at the time that Sammy gave us the best option at number 1. So to me that's just a difference of opinion. I can almost guarantee you that there are players right now that feel they should be starting over others on this years team. That's just sports.

In every sport I played from 5 years old through high school I felt I was better than certain players. In some cases I may have been in other cases probably not. That's just my competitive mentality.

Also he never said Clemson took advantage of him. He said he felt like "College" was a Ponzi scheme. So he just looks at college football as a bad system. I disagree, but again that's his opinion. I shouldn't get mad at him for his difference of opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was treated like some podank college student. .***

Nov 9, 2017, 9:03 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic