Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't underestimate the impact Pruitt will have for UGA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Don't underestimate the impact Pruitt will have for UGA

Jan 14, 2014, 8:54 PM

FSU can not overestimate the impact he had on our season. He's smart and experienced beyond his year's and can make tweaks on the go and major half time adjustments.

He will make UGA's defense look and play much better than it performed in 2013.

Fortunately for the Tigers, your game against UGA will be his first, but that game will still be much more difficult than it would have been with Grantham.

Good luck Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't underestimate the impact Pruitt will have for UGA

Jan 14, 2014, 9:08 PM

Appreciate it, but if he was so smart he wouldn't have left FSU for that shyatt hole in Athens. Had a lot to do with the talent at FSU and Winston putting the opposition in a deep hole early and often. You guys will be fine.

If true, it makes one wonder why

Jan 14, 2014, 9:14 PM

Grantham's new employer didn't come after Pruitt first.

Perhaps he did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pruitt is a great coach no doubt about it. UGa is getting

Jan 14, 2014, 9:35 PM

a good one

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noletime / Confessed coot

Jan 14, 2014, 9:16 PM

Good having fans of opponents who actually contribute to the site and aren't here simply to gloat or be obnoxious. Cheers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2014, 9:25 PM

Grantham was working with a stable of elite 4-5 star defensive players and always underachieved. Pruitt looks more than capable of taking that talent to new levels. UGA will likely be formidable on D again as they should be with their recruiting. I suspect FSU will find another good replacement, but matching what Pruitt did will be hard, he was probably the best DC in the nation last year given every circumstance and the results. Wonder why FSU did not pay him top dollar? Their loss, but seems they were being tight with his salary. It will make the first game a bit tougher in Athens to be sure.

Got it

Jan 14, 2014, 9:29 PM

Think there may already be a thread on this though. Let's declutter.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1319173&start=20&tstart=0

Agreed, but per your players ...

Jan 14, 2014, 9:30 PM

...his scheme is one that takes a while to master. While the Dawgs have some solid talent, they are also young men who were dumb enough to want to be Dawgs ... so it should take them a bit longer to master the nuances.

Meanwhile, our offensive players are beginning year 4 of Morris' playbook. I'll go with the experience.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a big year for us.

Jan 14, 2014, 9:37 PM

Venable's D seemed to get better and better every game. Chad's stuff hasn't been put on the field yet. He's danced with the one that brung him so far. Should be a blast!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 14, 2014, 9:33 PM

Yea, good thing it is our first game and hopefully they won't be fully adjusted. Plus after this year we probably won't play GA again for a long time unless in a bowl game. We play y'all every year so I think this is better for the Tigers. That being said, you all have a ton of talent and I'm sure Jimbo will make a great hire. Congrats on the NC, don't take the Tigers lightly next year, we are still gonna be a very good team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic