Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don’t shoot the messenger
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Don’t shoot the messenger

Apr 20, 2020, 4:42 PM

Heard Foreman will be leaning to a decommitment soon. According to those close it doesn’t mean he isn’t coming to Clemson it means he feels he needs to look into other schools more right now and is decommitting because of our “commits can’t visit” rule. Time will tell.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that rule was explained to him in detail before he

Apr 20, 2020, 4:56 PM

committed. I would bet my house on it.

Re: Well, that rule was explained to him in detail before he

Apr 20, 2020, 4:57 PM

He understands the rules. Unfortunately that’s why he will have to decommit if he wishes to visit elsewhere and right now USC is getting traction (won’t remain) and it looks good for the home town kid. I trust he ends at Clemson however.

Like Yogi Berra said, "If they don't want to come, you can't

Apr 20, 2020, 5:00 PM

stop'em".....

Re: Like Yogi Berra said, "If they don't want to come, you can't

Apr 20, 2020, 5:13 PM

He just wants to make sure before he moves 1,000s of miles away. Not upset and don’t blame him I’d rather him and his family be certain than get here and be upset.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:13 PM [ in reply to Like Yogi Berra said, "If they don't want to come, you can't ]

He just wants to make sure before he moves 1,000s of miles away. Not upset and don’t blame him I’d rather him and his family be certain than get here and be upset.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:44 PM

Something could have happen with his families financial security since this covid 19 has all but stopped the economy wheel from turning in our country, and his family don't think that Clemson would be best suited for them or him at this point with the way that things are right now!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, that rule was explained to him in detail before he

Apr 20, 2020, 6:13 PM [ in reply to Well, that rule was explained to him in detail before he ]

Didn't he get a LARGE Tiger tattoo?

LOL. Is this a non-story?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t shoot the messenger

Apr 20, 2020, 4:58 PM

And Clemson football will be just fine. Either way, this train goes on with you or without you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He knew that rule before he committed, that's golden.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:03 PM

And as far as him being a "5*", many 3* & even some 2* get to do 5 officials. He ain't special.

Someone got in his head. It's a shame, but I hope it works out for him.

Who does Clemson turn their eyes toward if this official parade comes to fruition?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He knew that rule before he committed, that's golden.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:09 PM

All he’s doing is visiting.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. He knew if he

Apr 20, 2020, 5:20 PM

committed, visiting isn't an option.

That's golden, well documented.

Re: He knew that rule before he committed, that's golden.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:49 PM [ in reply to Re: He knew that rule before he committed, that's golden. ]

I'm sure that all the things that he loves about Clemson will still be in his head if he does take other visits, and who ever he visits, they will have a rough road at changing his mind about what he loves about Clemson!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 20, 2020, 5:04 PM

He's already picking up cb's to USC, however they are from USC insiders. Probably wishful thinking on their part...don't know why you'd want to go play for that dumpster fire of a program. I'm not an 18y/o so i don't get the appeal behind taking multiple visits just to take them if you know where you want to go. If this kid has the talent he's supposed to have, he'll be a millionaire in a few years and he take whatever trip he wants. Visits can't be the whole story here. Just my opinion but if he decommits, I have a feeling he ends up elsewhere.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:17 PM

Like the girl who's 'going steady' going out with other guys, just because they were offering to pay for her to have a good time.

The NCAA says 5 official visits (the schools pay for those) that he thinks he's entitled to. So what if the NCAA said 12? Is he gonna take everything he's allowed and then hope his boyfriend hasn't moved on?

The question isn't whether the girl cheats on the boy; the question is whether the girl is as committed as the boy is. And if she ever will be.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:58 PM

You can't make them love you, that has to come from something they saw and felt about you even when they are away from you. If Clemson's influence on Foreman made him feel that way, he will be back regardless of who ever he visits, and in his case this is something he feels he has to do. And that is to see if he still feels the same about Clemson after dating another school!!!

Apr 20, 2020, 6:12 PM

You’re right, but if you’re not committed you can always “Love the one you’re with.”

Apr 20, 2020, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Don’t shoot the messenger ]

They’re fun trips and paid for.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

wonder if the new 'likeness, whatever..." rule has anything

Apr 20, 2020, 5:11 PM

to do here....monster markets tend to stand to advantage. if you're so inclined for your college experience...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wonder if the new 'likeness, whatever..." rule has anything

Apr 20, 2020, 5:14 PM

Unsure however I think it has more to do with hometown school vs cross country and wants to make sure.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:15 PM [ in reply to wonder if the new 'likeness, whatever..." rule has anything ]

Let’s face it. USC won’t be able to persuade him either way one they go 5-7 fire their coach and only have 10,000 fans per game.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:30 PM [ in reply to wonder if the new 'likeness, whatever..." rule has anything ]

Probably a good possibility, but college athletes are not high profile in LA.

Though the $$$ opportunities are undeniable.

Not to say some car dealership, bank or music producer in a niche market couldn't do something for him. But on the whole, unless you are the tailback or QB at USC, college athletes are lower in the endorsement universe of LA than their MSL and NHL players.

And i know it's corny, but every waitress and bartender has more sex appeal and camera presence than a 290-lb football player.

And there's too many other things to do in the fall and on weekends than pay attention to high school or college football. USC nor UCLA hasn't had a sellout home game in years.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:34 PM

I thought he got a Tiger tattoo when he committed.

Sorry this just isn’t true. I lived in LA

Apr 20, 2020, 8:08 PM [ in reply to Re: wonder if the new 'likeness, whatever..." rule has anything ]

For seven years and when Pete Carroll has Usc rolling, those guys were like rock stars.

Apr 20, 2020, 5:36 PM

Before he takes a visit to anywhere but Clemson, decommitting is exactly what he should do after he has talked to Dabo about his intentions of taking other visits anywhere other than Clemson. Just maybe Dabo will give him a brief amount of time to do that. But if he takes a visit without talking to Dabo and decommitting, he will be done at Clemson, I do believe!!!

Apr 20, 2020, 6:11 PM

Yep, he is entitled to that and is doing what Dabo and company says to do. Nothing wrong with that. He comes or he doesn't. Simple as that. Whatever his decision, I hope it is the best for him and his family.

If he's breaking off the Engagement to play the field, just

Apr 20, 2020, 7:56 PM

make sure he returns that diamond! Dabo don't play. I am sure he already has an alternate in mind. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Seth you called it...

Apr 21, 2020, 2:35 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Dont-shoot-the-messenger-27147589

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic