Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't see how this game isn't close...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Don't see how this game isn't close...

Dec 28, 2018, 11:15 AM

ND is the best and most complete team we've played all year by a pretty wide margin. They have the best OL our DL will have seen and not having Dex will hurt, even if just a little.

They also have the best D we have seen this year but we can't afford too many three and outs.

The last time we played them, Kelly opened it up in the second half by using crossing and slant routes, which gave our D lots of problems. I expect them to do the same in this game so our LB's and safeties have to be on their game.

Their CB's are good but our WR's should be able to win the one-on-one matchups. Expect a lot of Ross and Higgins so we can take advantage of that size.

In the end, I think we make one or two more plays than they do and win a close one: 27-24.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't see how this game isn't close...

Dec 28, 2018, 11:50 AM

Don’t know about the score, but I expect a war. That said, I do believe Tigers win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 11:52 AM

Sort of the same reasons you mentioned for them , goes for us . Clemson is on a different level that ANY TEAM they played this year . Excuse my confidence in the Tigers ... but this game should be a walk .
I think we win and I think we are covering that spread .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 28, 2018, 12:01 PM

I agree with TD- think it will be close for 2.5 qtrs and ETN will eat them up. Their run D is average. Yes OL is good but not elite this year. They had tough wins against Pitt. uSC. Vandy. Michigan- all who have mediocre offenses.

I dont see how this game IS close

Dec 28, 2018, 11:56 AM

Yes ND is undefeated. So what. Their schedule was a joke and yet they struggled with nearly every one. Yes, they beat down a Cuse team that didnt have Dungey. But when you struggle with Ball State, Pitt, USC, Vandy, so on and so forth.....there is a reason the spread is 2 touchdowns. Vegas isnt in the business of disrespecting Notre Dame, they are in the business of making money, and they are very good at it.

Re: I dont see how this game IS close

Dec 28, 2018, 1:20 PM

Spreads are made to get people to bet evenly on both teams not to predict the score. That said a lot of the time games end up close to the spread. Hopefully we win by 2 TDs or more but the spread does not mean it will or is suppose to happen.

Dec 28, 2018, 12:34 PM

Their O-line isn’t as solid as you think. They have issues at both Guard positions and no depth.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 2:16 PM

Bingo....the S&P makes it more obvious, for anyone that cares to look at advanced stats.

Dec 28, 2018, 12:39 PM

The same ND who only beat Vandy by 5 points this year???? And who almost lost to Pitt???? While Clemson absolutley destroyed Pitt.... that’s one reason to believe it will be a big win for the tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go back and watch their game against Southern Cal...

Dec 28, 2018, 1:03 PM

that should alleviate all of your concerns.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I would think it would be close. I mean, we lost our best

Dec 28, 2018, 1:06 PM

run stopper-one of the best in the nation. And they are a good team. But so are we.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2018, 1:24 PM

If we execute like we can it will not be very close but if we are off at all I could see them hanging around. I expect TL to play well but you never know. This is a completly different atmosphere against a D that is probably the best we have played. Watching the VT game it looks like short outs will be open and we can eat them up with that if they try to load the box.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic