Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
D-Line class for the ages
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

D-Line class for the ages

Apr 23, 2019, 9:55 PM

So we now have the 2 best defensive tackles in the country (Bresee and Capehart), along with the 4th best one (Williams). We have an amazing chance at landing the 2nd best defensive end in the class (Murphy) and even though there is a lot of confusion involved in his recruitment, we have a good chance at landing the best defensive end in the country (Burch). That is absolutely crazy when you consider the fact that all of those guys will share the field with Thomas, Henry, and Davis for a year or two.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: D-Line class for the ages

Apr 23, 2019, 10:05 PM

But, unlike Alabama, our guys will share playing time and building depth.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget we are also in it for Smalls

Apr 23, 2019, 10:14 PM

Who would play a speed-rush WDE position like Vic Beasley.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Don’t forget we are also in it for Smalls

Apr 23, 2019, 11:13 PM

Smalls would play LB similar to Shaq Smith as a former 5 star DE. Honestly have no idea how we plan to get our D line talent on the field. We are more than Stacked for the next 4 years at minimum and we're going to keep adding more talent. There aren't enough snaps to go around.

Apr 24, 2019, 12:50 AM

My thought as well. If everything goes according to plan we’ll have Bresee, Burch, Murphy, Capehart, Williams, J Williams, Pickney, Thomas, Henry, Mascoll, Davis, Cash, Reuben, Ruke, Johnson, Kelly and Jefferies on the roster next year. I know I’m probably missing a few but that’s 16 DL. It will be interesting how this plays out for sure. One thing I do know though is that if the opposing QBs thought last year was bad...lol.

Apr 24, 2019, 6:31 AM [ in reply to Re: Don’t forget we are also in it for Smalls ]

You must've slept through last season. We played nearly our entire team last year including walk ons in multiple games. Yeah sure we redshirted players that would likely start from day one at many other programs, but they still got to play in their 4 games and get their bodies and minds ready for more snaps this season. Players coming to Clemson know that we are going to rotate players so that everyone gets a chance to see the field, Dabo doesn't hide that. That is part of Dabo's plan to recruit the RIGHT kinds of player, players that are willing to give up snaps for the better of the entire team. This is also why we are fresher at the end of the year and built to dominate the playoffs. What you saw last year was not an anomaly, we are built to do this for years to come!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2019, 10:36 PM

There is no confusion, his family isn’t consumed by the attention and doesn’t do interviews. They also don’t allow the coaches at Hammond to talk to recruiting websites about his recruitment, I wish more families would do the same.

Apr 24, 2019, 1:07 AM

Though I respect all the great Dlineman that have come through Clemson past and deserve credit as well. I believe the POWER RANGERS created something special. Its ok for a group of elite Dlineman to come in at the same time and eat. It's looking like this may be a trend, hopefully it holds true with this recruiting class. We probably dont do this every year, but a few classes over a span of a decade will be enough.

Go Tigers!

Apr 24, 2019, 4:25 AM

And what if they all stay around and play all four years!! Wow!

Apr 24, 2019, 6:47 AM

I'm a little more cautious in calling anyone " best " or second best and so forth .. based on projections and film study from a level below where they are committed to begin playing .
I will say though that based on these projections and the film study , Clemson is looking very good along all lines and otherwise positions .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic