Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't Hate....But...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,492

Don't Hate....But...

Sep 30, 2015, 4:17 PM

This game could be a close one, and if it is, we stand a chance. But we are not going to put up enough points for me to bet on this pick 'em game. Yes, that means I'm expecting our D to carry us in this game. What we know is our O-Line has been s-t-r-u-g-g-l-i-n-g so far this year against pansies. Go back and watch. I have. Each one. More than once. We are getting no push, and often, our tackles are on their backs like cockroaches as the play passes them by. Take away Gallman's YACs, and we likely lose that UL game.

ND is no pansy folks. They're no National Title caliber team either... but our OL is more suspect than their D.

I'm also concerned about our play calling. Did you know that in the last two games, we ran the ball up the middle on every 2nd down play, with the exception of 4 plays? Yup. Two were pass plays and 2 were DW keeping... and one of those keeps was... wait for it... up the middle. Do we think the ND coaches don't know our tendencies?

ND has their weaknesses. The teams they've played didn't provide any test for them, so really, we don't know what strengths they have. one thing for sure, their D looks strong and the Receivers look like the most athletic we'll face all year.

So if anyone is nuts enough to pick this one, it isn't me.

Instead, I'll be ENJOYING a stress free weekend as my wife and I make it a full three days in Clemson. And come Saturday night, I'll be sitting in my seats in the South stands supporting our tigers with my money and my vocal cords.

Win or lose, it'll be a great experience.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Don't Hate....But...

Sep 30, 2015, 4:20 PM

I agree the O-line and play calling has got to be better or we lose.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 4:34 PM

yes we ran it up the middle on 2nd down. Why because it worked! Its called take what the defense gives you. Our guys aren't stubborn like the Chad. They use what works. BTW if our O-line is so bad, how did we gain all those rushing yards?

Sep 30, 2015, 4:38 PM

We were awful on 2nd and 3rd down vs Louisville. Very predictable and that will not work against ND.

Sep 30, 2015, 4:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't Hate....But... ]

Gallman had an insane amount of yards after contact.

um..you're wrong.

Sep 30, 2015, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't Hate....But... ]

We averaged 2.3 yards per carry on 2nd down.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Sep 30, 2015, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Don't Hate....But... ]

Our play calling in the first two games was about as vanilla as you can get. Throw out those two games and any tendancies you saw on play calling.

The Louisville game on the other hand, I still dont think we opened up any part of the playbook. Out OL is getting better, and we go up against a ND defense that gave up yards in bunches to both Umass and UVA, two NOT SO GOOD teams. Neither one of them had a quarterback named Watson.

Going up against Lawson every day has GOT to make Hyatt better daily. Cant wait for Saturday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2015, 4:36 PM

Its not play calling, its execution. We have to run up the middle back to back sometimes, everyone is playing us underneath. We're playing against teams forcing us to run so we have to keep defenses honest. I agree the oline needs push, hopefully they gel or at least hold their on. But we have to execute.

Go tigers

No hate here

Sep 30, 2015, 4:52 PM

I read what you posted and it was some of the same things I have felt but just couldn't quite bring myself to post it, my pulse takes a hit anytime I go off the reservationl...Just kidding. Anyway, we will win this game because our boys want it and our fans want it and there really is nothing a motivated and very capable them can't accomplish. Go Tigers, win baby, just win! For this one time in recent history....the nice guys do finish first!

Re: No hate here

Sep 30, 2015, 5:38 PM

I read that we played the same 12-14 plays out of an 80+ play playbook in the first two games and I don't believe we did much more in the Lville game - guessing the coaches were never too worried about that game and were more focused on keeping as much hidden as possible. That said, if running up the middle in those games worked on 2nd down, fantastic...do it over and over, now ND thinks we always run up the middle on 2nd down...again being coy.

I think you're going to see a drastically different and more involved O in this game...now that could still be persuaded by the weather but I think the OCs know exactly what they're doing. This isn't their first rodeo/big game.

If it makes you feel any better...

Sep 30, 2015, 6:42 PM

ND's beat writer said their d-line is having trouble putting pressure on the QB so far this year...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,492
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic