Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
IMO Mack Alexander the best CB to ever play at Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

IMO Mack Alexander the best CB to ever play at Clemson

Jan 2, 2016, 2:51 AM

I have never seen anyone at CB position at Clemson who is as dominant as he is.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not all that debatable, really.

Jan 2, 2016, 2:52 AM

Who is second? Justin Miller?

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The kick returner from Hell.***

Jan 2, 2016, 3:03 AM

Re: Not all that debatable, really.

Jan 2, 2016, 3:31 AM [ in reply to Not all that debatable, really. ]

I am not interested in trying to "rank" current and former players as like many I do love them all... That being said Mr. Alexander is a really, really special player... but Justin Miller was a little bit better than "average." (Still love to see the hit he put on that MD running back way back then...) Mr. Alexander is a great, great talent and I expect he will have a great NFL career...

On another note, it was great to see Wayne Gallman top (my favorite Clemson RB of all time) Raymond Priester's all time season rushing record last night.... Similar runners, just that Wayne has more speed... love both of their running styles..

I don't think second in Clemson history is 'average.'

Jan 2, 2016, 3:46 AM

Priester was my favorite player when he was at Clemson. You're right that he and Gallman have similar styles to an extent. Priester was definitely more of a bruiser with that big frame.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Showing your age...

Jan 2, 2016, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Not all that debatable, really. ]

or lack of football history.

Donnell Woolford was shutdown with much better speed and PR skills.

I'm not saying which one is/was a better CB, but to omit him from the conversation is ridiculous.

I guess y'all are too young to have seen Donnell or Dexter?***

Jan 2, 2016, 3:33 AM

I saw them, but was too young to appreciate them fully.

Jan 2, 2016, 3:45 AM

Still, shutting down one half of the field, or the opponent's top receiver, in 2015 is a much different animal than it was in the late 80s.

Re: I guess y'all are too young to have seen Donnell or Dexter?***

Jan 2, 2016, 3:52 AM [ in reply to I guess y'all are too young to have seen Donnell or Dexter?*** ]

Not I saw them both. One played with ford the other with west wasn't it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Depends if he meant Dexter Davis or Dexter McCleon.

Jan 2, 2016, 3:55 AM

Davis was under Ford/Hatfield, McCleon under West.

Davis. He ans Donnell were the best two at one time we have

Jan 3, 2016, 11:28 AM

ever had in my opinion.

Re: I guess y'all are too young to have seen Donnell or Dexter?***

Jan 2, 2016, 8:51 AM [ in reply to I guess y'all are too young to have seen Donnell or Dexter?*** ]

Thank You

Woolford was a cut above period!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IMO Mack Alexander the best CB to ever play at Clemson

Jan 2, 2016, 5:36 AM

He needs to tone down his behavior though. He was running his mouth pregame with Mayfield and one of their coaches and he got an unsportsmanlike call with Sheppard. We just don't need that. Other than that-Mac is an amazing CB.

Jan 2, 2016, 5:49 AM

It all comes with the territory of bringing in the 5 Star recruit, this will continue. These kids are the best at what they do and the game just keeps driving the best. I'm not ready for nice 3 Star Ford twins any longer myself

Woolford was perhaps the best and was a pretty darn good punt returner too something Mac will never be

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you thought the Ford brothers were bad

Jan 2, 2016, 6:12 AM

you should have seen their backups.

Our starting lineup is loaded with 3 star recruits and includes a couple of 3 star recruits as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

includes a couple of 2 star recruits as well

Jan 2, 2016, 6:13 AM

renfrow and t.j were both 2 stars

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 5:49 AM

He's a bad man!

Jan 2, 2016, 7:38 AM

While at Clemson Justin Miller was the best.

Not so fast

Jan 2, 2016, 8:21 AM

I'll have to burst this bubble, and I love him - at first. Great FIRST year, but got cocky and didn't work as hard and his game went down. The pros also saw something lacking. However, maybe our best return man ever.

Jan 2, 2016, 7:41 AM

Donnell Woolford was the best I ever saw. Better than Justin Miller. Miller would be 3rd and behind Alexander, who would be second.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2016, 8:08 AM

Donell was definitely up there but he played in an era when teams did not throw the ball as much.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:00 PM

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Donnell was a high first round draft pick by the Chicago Bears, was an NFL all pro, and is 2nd all time among Bears for interceptions (would be first if he had played as many games as Charles Tillman). Mack is great, but Donnell was the best I ever saw at Clemson.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. Donnell Woolford was just as dominant and had...

Jan 2, 2016, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: IMO Mack Alexander the best CB to ever play at Clemson ]

amazing speed. Although we still lost because of it, he chased down the puntrooskie from the other side of the field.

Yers ^^^^^***

Jan 3, 2016, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: IMO Mack Alexander the best CB to ever play at Clemson ]

Jan 3, 2016, 11:58 AM

Donnell wofford

Donnell Woolford

Jan 3, 2016, 12:12 PM

Great player. Super strong too.I remember when Deon and Donnell appeared on the cover of The Sporting News preview magazine together . He also shut Anthony Miller down on MNF. I'll never forget it cause Dierdorf was freaking over it. He went to the Pro Bowl that year.

Re: Donnell Woolford

Jan 3, 2016, 12:22 PM

Alexander may be the first first-round draft pick cornerback to never have an interception. I realize this is mainly because nobody throws his way. But I still think he should go for interceptions more instead of always batting balls down. Great player though. Will miss him

Tye Hill. The only person I can remember beating TH was some dude named Calvin Johnson.

Jan 3, 2016, 12:23 PM

Seriously though. I'd take TH over MA. That's not a slant against MA. TH was really really good.

Undoubtedly the best...

Jan 3, 2016, 12:23 PM

the children have ever seen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donnell Woolford***

Jan 3, 2016, 12:39 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic