Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well, I'll take the insults for the coots on the board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1,700

Well, I'll take the insults for the coots on the board

Jun 19, 2012, 12:15 AM

Come on guys, I know you are excited, and since we come on and give you a hard time when we win/you lose, I'll give you a place to give me the well-deserved ####. First NCAA tourney losing streak in two years, and man, does it freaking suck. About broke my phone when we gave them 4 consecutive leadoff runners...could tell then it was going to be a bad night. So come on Tigers, give me your best shots. Y'all had one of the best recruiting weeks I've ever seen, and we blew our winning steak.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im glad the streak is over...

Jun 19, 2012, 12:18 AM

No other insults to issue

Re: Im glad the streak is over...

Jun 19, 2012, 12:23 AM

That's more than I can say tonight. I had to hold back from yelling at my TV during a few of our at-bats. I love those players to death, but they had one of the worst collective eyes for a strikezone I've ever seen. I'll chalk it up to nerves and the fact that Bright, Vergason, Pankake, Dantzler, English, and Rosenberg were all new to a stage like this, since that 2-0 record feels even more significant that winning the first game...but still, really poor plate discipline as a team. Hoping it is a fluke, because plate discipline is one of the things Tanner's teams usually excel at. I'm hurting tonight. We've had too many 9th in breaks, I just expected another one. To make it worse, I'm stuck in freaking Pennsylvania til the semester starts, so I can't even go Stephen Garcia my troubles away in Five Points.

Unless you are 3 years old

Jun 19, 2012, 12:27 AM

You should be used to losing

Re: Unless you are 3 years old

Jun 19, 2012, 12:33 AM

I lived in Pa my whole life, applied to 12 schools, and visited most of them for my first time my senior year of high school. I grew up a Pitt fan, since my mom went there, and a UMD fan, since my dad is a HS basketball coach and we used to go watch ACC games there all the time (I live about 2 hours from UMD, 4.5 from Pitt, so it was far more convenient to go there regularly). The only other colleges I went to often were Nova (live about 25 minutes away from Philly) and Penn. So, yeah, my first introduction to Carolina and Clemson was 2010, went I went on a southern road trip to visit those two, along with Duke, UVA, Vatech, the U, and UGA (got rejected from Duke though, still wanted to visit the campus). I definitely am lucky to have avoided the late 90s, but I can assure you, I am very invested in my school now, and will stick with them no matter how badly they suck (I went to about 80% of Pitt home games since I was 4, I can deal with losing).

You made a bad choice.***

Jun 19, 2012, 7:46 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You made a bad choice.***

Jun 19, 2012, 6:17 PM

Nope, we have easier access to our law school, and a higher admittance rate, and better undergraduate research opportunities at the school of medicine than I could get with a professor at Clemson (plus I have art history and business ethics minors at part of my honors baccalaureus, and I'm not even sure Clemson has an art history program). As a biology major (well, biology-intensive baccalaureus) who wants to go to law school with hopes of becoming a patent lawyer, Carolina was the better choice between the two (plus, I love urban atmospheres, and Carolina offered a little bit of that, nothing like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or Philly of course...well, far better than Philly, that place sucks). If I wanted to do civil or automotive engineering, computer science, or a liberal arts-type major, Clemson would have been a better choice. If I was picking a school based on US News ranking, I would have went with UVA or Nova. However, honors college admissions and scholarships played a huge part, and my best offers were from UMD, CU, USC, VaTech, and Miami. While you may think I made a bad choice, I tend to look at how individual programs at a university fare, rather than assumptions made on overall quality as determined by high school counselors and busybodies in college admissions offices.

Have a nice day

Jun 19, 2012, 12:19 AM

and enjoy your game with the Golden Flashes

Your mama

Jun 19, 2012, 12:19 AM

Yeah... Old school, son. The best shot anyone can give.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

just go back to fgf, 2 national titles yet you're still

Jun 19, 2012, 12:20 AM

Worried about Clemson

Re: just go back to fgf, 2 national titles yet you're still

Jun 19, 2012, 12:25 AM

Nah, FGF sucks. Your board is far more entertaining. I honestly don't like watching our fans circlejerk each other. I have a lot more fun reading and posting on here or UGA's boards, where you get into debates and see other views on topics, rather than just agreeing with each other all day long. Its like r/atheism on reddit over there on FGF.

point for actually admitting fgf sucks***

Jun 19, 2012, 12:26 AM

I think you just...

Jun 19, 2012, 12:36 AM [ in reply to Re: just go back to fgf, 2 national titles yet you're still ]

admitted you really are a troll...going from message board to message board to debate.

Geez...coots are strange birds.

Re: I think you just...

Jun 19, 2012, 12:41 AM

Nah, I don't just come on here to get a rise out of you. I honestly like hearing your side of things and debating, rather than just talking to Gamecock fans who just want to repeat each other. A lot of the FGF posters seem to be nongrads who live through the school. Not that I'm upset to have fan support outside of those with connections to the school, but that board isn't a good representation of our fanbase. Those are the obnoxious fans at game that hurt our reputation, for the most part. I would rather be made fun of, but actually have give-and-take, than just prop the other posters up for saying what I said.

Re: just go back to fgf, 2 national titles yet you're still

Jun 19, 2012, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Re: just go back to fgf, 2 national titles yet you're still ]

circle jerks? well you do pull for the ##### so doesn't that go hand in hand?

Doesn't work that way

Jun 19, 2012, 12:23 AM

Besides....why the #### do you guys come on here to either
1) Try and defend your school after an obviously emotional loss (on a rival's message board? Are you serious? It's like the dumb kid yelling "At least my mom loves me!" when he gets a bloody nose, no one cares)

2) Say "Fine, I earned a #### talking, guess I'll go to my rival's forum and read mean things" like you'll take it all to heart.

I'm just baffled

Clemson

Re: Doesn't work that way

Jun 19, 2012, 12:27 AM

Don't take it to heart at all. But I do find jokes entertaining, and I can't get them on our boards. I would rather read mildly insulting posts aimed at us that I might be able to find funny (seriously, a sense of humor makes life far better) than read a board where we just make excuses for ourselves. Its a #### tough loss, and I am upset about it, but hey, I figured you owed Carolina a few shots after all the #### we post on here, and I'm not so stuck up in my own butt that I take it seriously.

wow you're no typical coot fan, didn't know the likes of you

Jun 19, 2012, 12:40 AM

Existed, very refreshing. First coot not to be put on ignore

Re: Well, I'll take the insults for the coots on the board

Jun 19, 2012, 6:59 AM

just go away coot

You never said whether or not you were accepted to Clemson

Jun 19, 2012, 8:44 AM

I'm guessing you're on this board all the time to see what you missed.

Unless you are majoring in IB or got a full ride scholarship to USuC there is no reason ANYONE would choose USuC if they could have gone to Clemson - especially after visiting both.

For that reason alone, I question your intelligence.

Re: You never said whether or not you were accepted to Clemson

Jun 19, 2012, 12:51 PM

don't let him fool you he couldn't get in

Jun 19, 2012, 6:23 PM [ in reply to You never said whether or not you were accepted to Clemson ]

I got into Calhoun. I was rejected from Duke and Penn, got into every other school. Rejected from Pitt's honors college. Accepted to honors programs at UMD, VaTech, CU, and SC. Regular admission to UVA, Miami, Nova, and UGA. Waitlisted and delayed acceptance at CMU (with no scholarship at all, so no way to afford it anyway, and pretty sure I only got in because an alumnus wrote me a glowing recommendation).

Jun 19, 2012, 6:26 PM [ in reply to You never said whether or not you were accepted to Clemson ]

Also, I explain my choice here. It was made with individual programs in mind, not a random ranking system. If we wanted to play the ranking system game, someone could post ARWU and QS rankings and say USC is better than Clemson because that is what their compiled statistics say. School choices should be made on individual fit.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1,700
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic