Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Was the hit on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Was the hit on

Sep 29, 2018, 3:53 PM

TL a clean hit? Two years in a row they have hurt
our starting QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looked clean to me.***

Sep 29, 2018, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Was the hit on

Sep 29, 2018, 3:54 PM

I think it was boarder line but I have seen our players ejected for less

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who?

Sep 29, 2018, 3:59 PM

TL was a runner and dove head first and was hit before he was down.

He was not hit by a defender's helmet.

There was no targeting and I can't think of a single time that's been called on us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who?

Sep 29, 2018, 4:26 PM

There was a hit in the ACC championship game, One against UL, one against Wake. I did not say they were like that I said they were lesser hits. Also for targeting you do not have to use your helmet but I will not argue about it with you all I said was it was boarder line

Sep 29, 2018, 3:55 PM

Yes, unfortunate but clean and was made worse by TL falling .

If they go back and look at it again

Sep 29, 2018, 3:56 PM

And determine it was a dirty hit, and then suspended the player for the next game, will TL heal faster?

No?

Then who cares. All I'm concerned with is Trevor.

I thought helmet to helmet was automatic Unsportsmanlike

Sep 29, 2018, 3:58 PM

I understand TL was outside the pocket, so it wouldn't necessarily mean an ejection.

It wasn't helmet to helmet***

Sep 29, 2018, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't have to be. Any hit neck or above***

Sep 29, 2018, 4:13 PM

Only on a defenseless player

Sep 29, 2018, 4:14 PM

And TL was far from defenseless.

It was a bad/freshman decision on TL's part. It happens, and unfortunately it cost him.

He'll learn from it, but no, the hit wasn't dirty and it wasn't targetting.

Re: Doesn't have to be. Any hit neck or above***

Sep 29, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Doesn't have to be. Any hit neck or above*** ]

Put it this way.

No it wasn't clean. But it wasn't one that was easy for the refs to throw a flag on since TL tripping forward in bounds really made it look like he was diving for extra yards when I don't think that was his final intention to end up going head first like that.

So long story short, as I have been describing it in other threads, it was a dirty "get out of jail free card" hit applied with full force and directly to TL's helmet in order to shake him up and/or intentionally knock him out of the game.

There's no other way it can be justified since whether he made the hit or not, TL was on the way down. At best he saved a 1/2 yard? Is that almost worth killing or paralyzing a young man?

Sep 29, 2018, 4:18 PM

I thought it was a bad/inexperienced decision by TL to an extent as well knowing our QB situation. But after playing it back a few times, I saw that he was tripping forward more so than diving, so that was not his intention to go forward head first so aggressively.

Sep 29, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Doesn't have to be. Any hit neck or above*** ]

Agree... He was falling forward,, not aggressively diving. Unlucky break for him because he had demonstrated earlier in the game that his intentions were to slide when necessary

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the point

Sep 29, 2018, 4:24 PM

That play was over. He wasn't going to tiptoe down the line for 15 yards.

You have to learn when to eat the ball or throw it away instead of taking a hit.

It happens, he'll learn.

Sep 29, 2018, 4:14 PM

Clean hit. TL16 needs to learn the QB slide instead if taking on a big dude like that head first.

Sep 29, 2018, 4:18 PM

Clean hit. TL16 needs to learn the QB slide instead if taking on a big dude like that head first.

He was tripped, moran.

Message was edited by: Ralph_Sharpton

He was tripped while trying to gain a few yards

Sep 29, 2018, 4:25 PM

In a situation where he was never going to scramble for a first down.

He'll learn to protect himself better.

He was out of bounds 2 steps before hit

Sep 29, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Was the hit on ]

Refs should have blown whistle instead of allowing play to continue and ENDANGERING OUR QB!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 29, 2018, 4:21 PM

Sorry to reply so much but can't edit posts I don't think as a free member :) But just wanted to add that it could have at least been called as Unnecessary Roughness because #### it was...unnecessary and rough.

If that UR call on our D-Line was valid with the hands to the face, then this definitely should have qualified as well.

And this is admittedly biased, but I would have liked to see the refs look out for TL a LITTLE bit given the situation he was put in and i was disappointed with the no-call late hit earlier in the game when we were in the red zone. Again, not the fact that TL got contact on that play but that the defensive player continued to ramp up and come in with full force after he knew the pass was thrown.

That's on TL making a bad decision, combined with him losing his balance.

Sep 29, 2018, 4:27 PM

Not a dirty hit, just unfortunate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sep 29, 2018, 4:41 PM

Not saying it wasn't called correctly, but willing to bet it would've been called targeting if a Tiger had made the hit. Sh*tty ACC refs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic