Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reading the delusion on Coots Feel Good Forum and...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Reading the delusion on Coots Feel Good Forum and...

Jul 7, 2018, 6:24 PM

One of threads they are talking about reasons why beating Dawgs in week 2 is very likely. One coot said that after they scored so many points on the #3 Michigan defense their new coordinator will handle a young Dawg def.

My question is how in the heck was the Michigan D ranked #3 and Clemson is #4. Michigan's SOS was 21st and Clemson's 4th. Michigan allowed 4.4pts more per game and lost to every decent team they played.

Losses to:
Penn St, Ohio St, Mich St, Wisc, Coots.

Wins over the likes of: Purdue, Rutgers, Cinnci, Air Force.

Please tell me how they are ranked higher? Most of our opponents points came in 3rd & 4th qtr after our 2nd and 3rd string D were playing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reading the delusion on Coots Feel Good Forum and...

Jul 7, 2018, 6:26 PM

It's a "COOT THINGY""

Jul 8, 2018, 10:25 PM

Chickens are giving themselves far to much credit. The young, stupid and uninformed fans are thinking 10-2, but looking at their schedule and the uncertainty of their offense and a rebuilt defense I see a disappointing campaign.

Beat Coastal, Marshall, Vandy, and UT and UTCh.
Toss-ups: Mizzou, UK, Ole Miss
Losses: Clemson, UF, UGa., TAMU

A 6-6 outcome is not far fetched if injuries and other issues occur for Muscrap and crew. A losing season would be even more fun to watch!

Go Tigers!

I guess they forgot about the inept Michigan offense

Jul 7, 2018, 6:40 PM

Had to be the worst offense of any team in the top 25.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess they forgot about the inept Michigan offense

Jul 7, 2018, 6:59 PM

Their QB could not throw a forward pass. Pathetic offense ..... pathetic game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess they forgot about the inept Michigan offense

Jul 7, 2018, 7:09 PM [ in reply to I guess they forgot about the inept Michigan offense ]

Was Michigan even ranked in the top 25 going into that game? I didn't think they were.

Re: no***

Jul 7, 2018, 8:07 PM

Jul 7, 2018, 7:05 PM

Michigan's defense was pretty good but their offense was horrid. If I remember correctly, they were down to their 4th string QB...Plus, I'm sure Michigan had a bit of the "We really don't want to be here" going on after having yet another disappointing season and being matched up against an irrelevant school like SC in a crappy bowl.

Doesn't Steele already have UGA a 14 point favorite ?

Jul 7, 2018, 7:15 PM

LOL

7-5 Season for Gamehens

Re: Doesn't Steele already have UGA a 14 point favorite ?

Jul 7, 2018, 7:21 PM

Have you looked at their schedule? Other than us and UGA it's a list of dumpster fires. The Citadel could go 6-6. No way SC goes less than 8-4.

Re: Doesn't Steele already have UGA a 14 point favorite ?

Jul 7, 2018, 7:40 PM

Kentucky has their number

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 7, 2018, 7:44 PM

They are always in a "if the ball bounces our way" mode we will have a 10 - 2 season. They do appear to have am easy schedule other than the Dogs and us.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

big 10 offense is a joke. anybody who tries to claim big 10

Jul 7, 2018, 9:28 PM

Is better than the acc is smoking crack. We might be the only elite team in our league right now, but the big 10 has zero.

Ohio state is going to have to prove something in the playoff. We would have dragged Penn state last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Watching those deluded imbeciles...

Jul 8, 2018, 7:39 AM

set themselves up for even more disappointment is so enjoyable though !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 8, 2018, 9:34 AM

Muschamp hired Brian McClendon as the new OC after exactly one good half against an indifferent Michigan team. McClendon was co-OC under Roper. You'd think if the guy had anything to offer he'd have done more in that role. He's incorporated "tempo," as if no other college coach has heard of that. SC's version of tempo will be the same mediocre players going faster.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2018, 10:21 AM

IMO, I don't think they realize how that might set them up to be worse as a whole. Truth be told, their strength last year was not their 108th ranked offense but their 44th ranked defense. But shifting to an up tempo offense and not having a defense ready can spell disaster. Why? Because that will put their defense on the field more often... Faster tempo offense could mean faster 3 and outs with that bad of an offense to start with... Better hope you have great defensive depth, otherwise, get ready to see a field full of gassed guys by 3rd quarter end.

That 44th ranked defense...

Jul 8, 2018, 10:40 AM

was largely the result of playing a bunch of other teams with lousy offenses.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Correct Plus usc Lost 7 Defensive Starters.

Jul 8, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Reading the delusion on Coots Feel Good Forum and... ]

Playing up-tempo offense with less depth and ability on defense is a recipe for disaster.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic