Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rashan Gary and trayvon Mullen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Rashan Gary and trayvon Mullen

Jan 31, 2016, 9:59 PM

What ranked recruiting class do you think we would have according to ESPN if we somehow managed to land gar and Mullen?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rashan Gary and trayvon Mullen

Jan 31, 2016, 10:02 PM

4-6

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 31, 2016, 10:04 PM

Just those two put us at 4th in 247.

Jan 31, 2016, 10:04 PM

Personally, I don't think it matters at all but we are currently #8 by rivals with the most 5 stars of any school, with a 4th 5 star player and another 4 star in Mullen (Mullen may be 5, I'm not sure if not I apologize in advance) if see us moving into the top 5 depending on how other schools classes end up. With both I don't see us outside of the top 3-5

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Include Mike Williams and we got #1 on lock

Jan 31, 2016, 10:10 PM

Nm

Jan 31, 2016, 10:21 PM

With Clemson's class size, four is about the upper limit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 in

Jan 31, 2016, 10:31 PM

Points average per player. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn’t Matter where you really end up

Jan 31, 2016, 11:41 PM

The way to measure a recruiting class is by filling needs not only for the next year but the years after that. We are getting better as a college of getting Impact 5 stars to come in when we need them but also getting the really talented kids who just need the time to develop. We don’t go the JUCO rout so we use Red Shirting to get these guys prepared. DID WE FILL EVERY NEED WE HAVE? I think if we don’t land Mullen then we seriously missed on the CB/DB this class that we needed. We knew Alexander was leaving and we needed a big time stud CB. In all honestly we need him more than Gary at this point. I will take either or both but if I had to choose we really need Mullen. If we can land Gary, Simpson, Mullen and the Safety I can’t remember his name... this would be the most complete class I have ever seen Clemson put together...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doesn’t Matter where you really end up

Feb 1, 2016, 12:21 AM

^^^^^^^^ what u had said,,,,....!!!!

I completely disagree

Feb 1, 2016, 1:02 AM [ in reply to Doesn’t Matter where you really end up ]

Both the SSDE and the CB positions are in need for this upcoming season, but we need Gary more than Mullen for this upcoming year.

Gary is physically ready to play and dominate immediately at the SSDE position.

Mullen is a long, rangy CB, but he is way too lean to be playing in Mac's position. I believe he is under 175 right now, which is a solid 20lbs less than Mac. That means that bigger receivers will have their way with him when playing the tight man coverage that Mac's position requires. Mullen needs a year in the weight room and learning from Reed before he is ready to play.

Fields, on the other hand, is 190-195ish, faster, and more physical than Mullen.

Summing all of that up, Mullen will likely not fill the need for this season, but Gary absolutely will. In the long run, I think that Mullen would actually be a better pickup than Gary, since this staff has proven they can bring in and coach up elite DE almost every year. But those tall, fast CBs are really hard to come by.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic