Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does this make the BCS look not so bad?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 769

Does this make the BCS look not so bad?

Oct 28, 2014, 10:52 PM

First, if the playoffs began last year, Bama probably would've been in it. Yet, Oklahoma would've been out of it. And Oklahoma thumped the tide. Just throwing that out there.

Next, folks are already calling for 8 or 16 teams. Ok. But why shouldn't the conference championships be almost considered the first round anyway? Usually the CCG's are good matchups. Other times.. not so much. My point is win your conference if you want to be considered in it. But, winning your conference doesn't make you automatically in it.

Now if you wanna do it right, IMO, make it an 8 team playoff. Accept all power 5 winners. That'll leave you three at large. AND PLEASE, if they got to 8, do not put the SEC CG winner and 3 more SEC teams.

Like many of you, I don't necessarily agree with the new poll. If you just lost, you probably shouldn't be #3. Just my thought. But heres a prime example of how the errors in polls: North Dakota St. received votes in one of this weeks poll. They're D2. Not sure I get that.

And SEC homers, let me hear ya. I know you're here peeking over the fence. They mostly come at night. Mostly. And fellow Tiger fans what are your thoughts? Outrage? Did they get it right? To biased? Whatcha think...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they bought into the SEC hype.

Oct 28, 2014, 11:41 PM

Herbie was beside himself with joy after the poll was revealed.

The SEC west may have four of the top ten teams but slamming them all in the top six just isn't accurate. I just wonder if one of them finishes with three losses if they'll even move them behind one loss teams from other conferences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on 88'. Spot on.

Oct 28, 2014, 11:47 PM

+1

Re: Does this make the BCS look not so bad?

Oct 28, 2014, 11:44 PM

all teams in the west will have at least 2 loses by yrs end 8 teams in the SEC blow Mizz is ok they haven't played any one other than the 2 they lost so no quality wins there This should be a lesson for all conferences play one meaningful game to open with then front load every ones sched with 3 patsies so you can get all your star players in the hiesman race and get your rankings up before you start conference play. If we had played georgia then 3 patsies then FSU I think you see a different out come.

Re: Does this make the BCS look not so bad?

Oct 28, 2014, 11:46 PM

And Geaorgia wins the SEC by beating BAMA.

Yep, I'd like have us at full strength with DW

Oct 28, 2014, 11:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Does this make the BCS look not so bad? ]

To start off vs. Jawga. But it didn't happen unfortunately. Gary Peters and Crawford make a difference. And our O is much more effective with DW. Anyone would suffer behind a makeshift O line.

Speak to Me

Oct 29, 2014, 7:36 AM

at the end of the season.

Replies: 6
| visibility 769
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic