Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Local radio had a healthcare professional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Local radio had a healthcare professional

Jul 13, 2020, 8:30 PM

Air a public service announcement. Not an opinion but an actual statement. She clearly stated that even though patients who test negative for COVID 19 , they ARE being diagnosed as having COVID 19 if they have any of the symptoms like coughing, fever etc! How screwed up are these numbers.
The station was 93.3 the planet by the way. Just wondering if anyone else heard the same announcement yesterday?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Donnie, that you?

Jul 13, 2020, 8:44 PM

Nm

Re: Donnie, that you?

Jul 13, 2020, 8:47 PM

Don’t know what that means, but It’s good to see some aren’t mature enough to discuss present events. It’s B.S they they would even state it on radio that the numbers are clearly being skewed.

Re: Local radio had a healthcare professional

Jul 13, 2020, 8:54 PM

I'm all in for hoping and praying, but 135,000 deaths is real. Even if they are 50% off that's still 68K, which is worse than anything else we've gad in a long time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 13, 2020, 8:58 PM

They are also listing on death certificates Covid 19. All other death causes have went down. But my question is why? Why are people getting a negative result but are being diagnosed as having COVID 19?

Jul 14, 2020, 2:18 AM

I’m interested in reading over the data of deaths for different causes in 2020 compared to other years. Where can I find this info?

Jul 14, 2020, 7:06 PM
USDeaths.jpg(47.7 K)

It is on the CDC website.

https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6

You can export the data as a CSV file and take a look. I graphed US deaths for 2019 (blue line) and 2020 (orange line) by week and attached a screen shot of it. All of the data f the last few weeks obviously has not come in yet.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Local radio had a healthcare professional ]
USDeaths.jpg(47.7 K)

"All other death causes have went down."

Please tell me by how much all other deaths went down. I can tell you this: All deaths in the US went up dramatically in 2020 compared to 2019. Now if "all other death causes have went down", they did not go down nearly enough to counter whatever boogieman is killing people. So again, please tell me by how much all other deaths went down. Also, please cite your source. Was it a tweet from a doctor you have never heard of? Was it a friend on FB whose girlfriend is a nurse who said all deaths are coded as Covid in her rural 20-bed hospital?

I have attached data from CDC showing weekly deaths in the US from Jan 2019 until now. It took all of about 5 minutes to find the data and maybe 30 to download it and plot it. If you care about truth and facts, you would do the same rather than rotely repeating something you heard because it fits your narrative.

link:https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Weekly-Counts-of-Deaths-by-State-and-Select-Causes/muzy-jte6

Jul 13, 2020, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Local radio had a healthcare professional ]

Govt “admits” Covid - 19 deaths inflated. https://www.facebook.com/lesa.fisherpatten/videos/3151129788277372/

You must watch!

Disgusting. And they have a willing media to promote their dishonesty!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 1:04 AM

This doesn't show the entire interview where she explains herself better. But this is the time we live in when people can take an excerpt of something add a commentary and then make it fit their world view.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:25 PM

Thank you!

I said the same thing when I saw that on FB!

Jul 14, 2020, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Local radio had a healthcare professional ]

We can split hairs on cause of death; maybe there is some uncertainty there. However, I think we are VERY capable of "measuring" death. Either they are dead or not. So since some people apparently want to play that game, let's just look at number dead. During the months of March, April and May of 2019, 724,736 people died. During the same months in 2020, 841,289 people died. That is a 16% increase. Yes, there probably is some uncertainty in "cause of death", but my Lord, take some time to get some data instead of agenda-driven anecdote. We had an extra 116,553 people die in three months in the US. What caused that if not Covid? The media? Help me understand what you are tying to say.

Jul 14, 2020, 1:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Local radio had a healthcare professional ]

I'm all in for hoping and praying, but 135,000 deaths is real. Even if they are 50% off that's still 68K, which is worse than anything else we've gad in a long time!

Except THE FLU!!

One million people

Jul 14, 2020, 6:36 AM

died from TB last year, did they ask you to wear a mask of destroy the US economy?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: One million people

Jul 14, 2020, 10:16 PM

Approx. 2.9M people died in the US last year. If that 1M number is right, it isn't just the US. So no, there is no reason to impact the economy for an illness that has very little deaths in the US but a lot in the developing world. TB and Covid are apples and camels.

The reason Covid is a concern is that about the time-rate of death over time. It is capable of delivering a lot of very sick people to hospitals very quickly, thereby overwhelming the hospitals. The key is not to stop the spread, it is to slow it down so that it can be managed by hospitals. We certainly need to strike a balance between the economy and Covid risk abatement. If wearing a mask means lowering the risk of spread and therefore allowing us to open the economy more, I am all for it.

Jul 14, 2020, 4:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Local radio had a healthcare professional ]

Don't get me wrong because I'm taking COVID-19 serious but on average 2.8 million people die in the U.S. annually from all causes including suicide. That's about 848 per 100,000. Extrapolating for the last 4 months (1/3 of a year), that would equal about 924,000 deaths. Have we really had an additional 138,000 deaths above the normal average? Understanding, there should be fewer non-COVID deaths due to the lockdowns and fewer people being out but an additional 138,000 above the average??

See link - U.S. Death Clock

https://www.indexmundi.com/clocks/indicator/deaths/united-states

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing the reported cases are for

Jul 13, 2020, 8:55 PM

positive tests because that is not a good thing to do since Anderson County has had 2 cases of Influenza A already and experts have said that will complicate diagnosis in the Fall

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good thing the reported cases are for

Jul 13, 2020, 9:00 PM

They are being reported as COVID 19 according to the healthcare professional.

Re: Good thing the reported cases are for

Jul 13, 2020, 9:16 PM

I saw the same article. The numbers are not believable, because anybody who dies with a fever is being listed as a COVID death.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it really matter?

Jul 14, 2020, 6:43 AM

The fact is we have a virus that is sweeping across this country. It has killed over 130,000 people. We do not know what the long term impacts are.

That should be enough for anyone to put a mask on and practice social distancing. Who cares if the case numbers are 100% accurate? The bottom line is clear and given the lack of other alternatives, these are the only choices.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does it really matter?

Jul 14, 2020, 6:52 AM

Masks don't work. That's why doctors and nurses never wear them.

Jul 14, 2020, 7:17 AM

My Dr told me swab test is not as acurate as blood test. If you have symptoms and test negative or if no symptoms and test positive ask for other test.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 6:35 PM [ in reply to Does it really matter? ]

It’s not about the mask! It’s about people getting falsely diagnosed and people being fed bs by the shovel full! The 130,000 is not accurate! Period!

Jul 14, 2020, 10:54 PM

Then how has the US had nearly 120.000 more deaths this year compared to this same time last year?

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic