Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does it Look Like Peake Quits on the Routes and Balls?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Does it Look Like Peake Quits on the Routes and Balls?

Oct 18, 2015, 9:20 AM

When I see Deion Cane fighting all the way through a pass until he snatches it then I see Peake not stretching out to make the effort to catch a pass it is annoying.

It appears that unless the Ball is just perfectly placed Peake doesn't always go after it. I give his credit that he did play jump ball on one pass last night and pulled it down, but I am talking about he body of work.

Point is I would like to see more of Deion Cane

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

i saw him go up and get one. it was surprising though.***

Oct 18, 2015, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Yep. One of the few "efforts" made for a catch

Oct 18, 2015, 9:27 AM

this year. Not sure what is up with Peake.

Re: Does it Look Like Peake Quits on the Routes and Balls?

Oct 18, 2015, 9:28 AM

Dk... but my new gf quit on balls last night too.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought she had to give up sports

Oct 18, 2015, 9:39 AM

where balls were flying towards her face.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only cuz she has her own

Oct 18, 2015, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Does it Look Like Peake Quits on the Routes and Balls? ]

not that there is anything wrong wid dat.

GoTiguhs!!

Yes

Oct 18, 2015, 9:38 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No and he is one of the best blocking WR's on the team

Oct 18, 2015, 9:49 AM

If not the BEST blocking WR on the team

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yep, he sprung the Gallman TD***

Oct 18, 2015, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

maybe that's why he's playing

Oct 18, 2015, 7:26 PM [ in reply to No and he is one of the best blocking WR's on the team ]

It's not because he is Mr. Reliable catching the ball...

Oct 18, 2015, 10:06 AM

I have been saying that all year. He needs to attack the ball, instaed of letting 5'10" corners go up & intercept it from him. I think DW is losing trust in him

Everytime I see him I think to myself...

Oct 18, 2015, 10:12 AM

For the fastest guy on the team... For someone who runs a 4.2... He always seems covered. Why can't he get some sort of separation and be wide open more times than not?

~JKB

dumb coaches can't figure out who is supposed to start

Oct 18, 2015, 10:17 AM

when the MOT knows who is supposed start. It's no wonder we can't get enough style points to get to the playoffs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He went up (Peaked) for the 25 yard catch

Oct 18, 2015, 10:35 AM

And caught this one with the guy all over him
and got the first down.

We've all seen before that sometimes it's hard for players to
fight back that have had a lot of injury issues. Reminds me
of what my son's little league coach used to say: "three things
will mess up a good ball player's career - injuries, drugs, and girls".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He went up (Peaked) for the 25 yard catch

Oct 18, 2015, 10:39 AM

Peak also had a heck of a play on an incomplete pass in the endzone..looked like an interception and he stripped the ball away from the defender...think it was the play before Legget's TD catch in the 4th qtr...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Threads like this are why message boards suck.

Oct 18, 2015, 11:06 AM

A bunch of losers start up a BS narrative and then continuously try and throw gas on the fire regardless of the reality of the situation.

Peake is an excellent blocker who is extremely aggressive against DBs. He has struggled getting back into being consistent and was in bad position to disrupt an interception vs Notre Dame.

The idea that he doesn't make an effort to catch footballs during games is insanely stupid. This thread is negative trash with no basis in reality. Why not give a Clemson athlete, who has been through devastating injuries, and busts his tail training and practicing for Clemson, the benefit of the doubt. That is the VERY LEAST we could do as Clemson fans. Back your guys up.

Chill out, he said "look"

Oct 18, 2015, 7:29 PM

And you must agree if your defense of him starts talking about blocking.

He looks much less aggressive than any other receiver we have when he's going for the ball. Sorry if the truth hurts.

You chill out. Sniping at Clemson athletes is garbage.

Oct 20, 2015, 9:25 AM

If his effort wasn't there then the coaching staff wouldn't play him. That should be the end of it, but there is something about some message board know-it-alls who have to find someone to bash.

Some Clemson fans don't like that behavior and insult those who do it. Deal with it.

This is old news and observation

Oct 18, 2015, 6:07 PM

Yes. Peake is who he is. He's not a 50-50 ball receiver. This won't change. He's really not even that big or physical, if you stand next to him. Certainly has the speed if you can get it to him in full stride. Our biggest playmakers besides the obvious Scott, are going to be Deon Cain, Renfro, and Leggett.

Looking for Brooks in your list

Oct 18, 2015, 6:17 PM

I don't see him. I have a dissapoint.

Oct 18, 2015, 6:12 PM

If you like him so much you could atleast spell his name right. Deon Cain. Just messing tho. Go Tigers

Alligator arms like mug. I don't Blame him I would too

Oct 18, 2015, 10:22 PM

But that just shows me he's having trouble committing to accepting contact. Which makes a lot sense as to why he doesn't exert a lot of energy when there's a battle for the ball type scenario. It is what it is...

He's our most physical blocker. And....

Oct 20, 2015, 9:29 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFreICEPGQ

One of the hardest hits after a catch by a Clemson WR in years...

Don't let reality stand in your way though.

Generally, I agree

Oct 18, 2015, 11:10 PM

I cheered like hell when he caught that big pass. So sad he is talented and capable of more. Really think the coach needs to help him out more. Light a fire under his butt?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eehh not really...

Oct 18, 2015, 11:59 PM

...he's hauled in some nice catches. Most of the ones he's missed have been over thrown.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2015, 12:10 AM

There are deep threat receivers and slot...peak is a natural bigger slot receiver. He doesn't play the ball like Williams bc their two different types. I wish some would understand this, some guys can play both and some cannot. Just that simple, Thats the reason why he is uncomfortable with these deep balls, peak can still ball not matter what to me. Until Cain and Thompson develop more peak will still be put in those positions. Again, not a boundary receiver...

Oct 19, 2015, 12:10 AM

There are deep threat receivers and slot...peak is a natural bigger slot receiver. He doesn't play the ball like Williams bc their two different types. I wish some would understand this, some guys can play both and some cannot. Just that simple, Thats the reason why he is uncomfortable with these deep balls, peak can still ball not matter what to me. Until Cain and Thompson develop more peak will still be put in those positions. Again, not a boundary receiver...

Oh Heyall yeah he does - this one time, one play, he

Oct 19, 2015, 12:13 AM

went and got a ####### hotdog, like I want some chili on this here dog, I don't wanna wait. I ain't got time fo dat.

then he ran back on the field to the huddle

null

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic