Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone know when EA Sports NCAA College Football
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,008

Does anyone know when EA Sports NCAA College Football

May 6, 2014, 4:33 PM

2015 will be released? I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks in advance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

It won't be

May 6, 2014, 4:35 PM

EA has postponed all future releases indefinitely.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There Will Be A Change....Several Kinks To Work Out ----

May 6, 2014, 4:47 PM

It just may be called EA Sports College Football 2015.
The NCAA are supposed to be ending/washing their hands
of anything that players can sue them on for using their
likness in games. Their supposed to be taking away all
the NCAA logos and licensing that is asscociated with
EA Sports and the schools that will be used in the games.

Example...The likeness of Clemson on the game will seem
like its just a school that is make believe. It will
look like on the game that their is no such thing as
the NCAA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is correct

May 7, 2014, 4:44 PM [ in reply to It won't be ]

Because of this

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2013/8/1/4577476/ncaa-ea-sports-ed-obannon-lawsuit-sam-keller

They did this

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/23859383/ea-sports-no-ncaa-football-15-video-game-series-possibly-done

The only thing that will revive the series is a union of the players that could collectively license naming rights. So that would be the one good aspect of paid college athletes. We'd get the game back.

I herd NCAA games are no more. HTHIA***

May 6, 2014, 4:36 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What am I supposed to do with the XBOX One I just bought?***

May 6, 2014, 4:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: What am I supposed to do with the XBOX One I just bought?***

May 6, 2014, 4:44 PM

Play other games

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No MLB 2K either. So, no college football; no MLB for XBox.

May 6, 2014, 5:20 PM

The only two games I played.

What makes me mad is that nobody gets what they want because of the stupid lawsuits. The manufacturer no longer gets a profit, the players don't get the pay they were hoping for, the small team players no longer get the thrill of seeing their likeness on a video game, and the consumer no longer gets to entertain themselves with their favorite teams.

It was a big LOSE, LOSE, LOSE for all involved....except the LAWYERS!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Does anyone know when EA Sports NCAA College Football

May 6, 2014, 4:46 PM

I'm sure ESPN will step in and instead of NCAA Football we will get something like ESPN College Football or something very similar

May 6, 2014, 4:50 PM

Doesn't look like that will happen. Now that the NCAA has pulled their deal, each individual school would have to agree to a deal with EA and given that we are in the midst of the pay for play issue and players' likenesses being used without compensation, no school is going to assume liability for selling their players' likeness and even if most schools did, any major schools that don't agree devalues the game and they have a bad product starting out.

May 6, 2014, 4:53 PM

Don't use their likeness....I don't recall any CURRENT NCAA player having their likeness used in the game. They use generic faces and former players on the cover

May 6, 2014, 4:59 PM

Whether their likeness is being used hasn't been determined yet by the court and is still an ongoing suit. Under the law, "Likeness" refers to a visual image of the person, whether in a photograph, drawing, caricature, or other visual presentation. The visual image need not precisely reproduce the person's appearance, or even show his or her face, so long as it is enough to evoke the person's identity in the eyes of the public.

Xboxdawg ain't gonna like this.....

May 6, 2014, 8:29 PM

How else will he see UGA win a Natty Champ???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes a thread doesn't go the way you expected.

May 6, 2014, 8:58 PM

This is one of those times.

Back to the drawing board.

A thread was derailed without help from lbu, GWP, dsp, or

May 6, 2014, 9:34 PM

CUtiger2012.

It's ink-red-able.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I guess you could say things got pretty sirius in hear.***

May 6, 2014, 9:56 PM

Also, I think I'd be waisting my time pointing out you just

May 6, 2014, 9:57 PM [ in reply to A thread was derailed without help from lbu, GWP, dsp, or ]

made a list.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

Don't you mean

May 7, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Sometimes a thread doesn't go the way you expected. ]

"drawing bored?"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2014, 9:30 PM

One of our own even joined the lawsuit that helped kill the game.

Who ?***

May 6, 2014, 10:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Darius Robinson***

May 6, 2014, 10:31 PM

The lead singer for Hootie & the blowfish ? ? ? ? THAT

May 7, 2014, 4:46 PM

SON OF A . . .

wait, wut ? Whata putts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

As is his right

May 6, 2014, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone know when EA Sports NCAA College Football ]

I loved playing the game, but if the NCAA, EA, and the schools (who were all making a good bit of money on the game) were sure of their legal position than they wouldn't have cancelled the game.

Now, when the details get ironed out for some profit sharing with the players (or if it's found legally they don't have to) an arrangement will be made and the game will return.

I'm MUCH more worried about what the actual sport will look like in 10 years than I am about the video game, and I don't fault, for a second, the players who feel they should be reimbursed for the use of their likeness in a video game by a 3rd party. Sort it out legally I say.

And I think the most direct route will probably be stipulations placed on the players that in exchange for the scholarship (and whatever stipend is coming down the pike) they sign over the use of their likeness in context to the role on the team in all media endeavors while members of the team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...and like all things the consumers will foot the bill.

May 8, 2014, 5:50 AM

The video game will go up accordingly and the world will right itself in the process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,008
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic