Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: "Unleash it now." Elliott talks south Florida, recruiting and program culture
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

New Story: "Unleash it now." Elliott talks south Florida, recruiting and program culture

Oct 26, 2015, 5:42 PM

"Unleash it now." Elliott talks south Florida, recruiting and program culture

Tony Elliott is quickly proving that he’s one of the rising young stars in the ranks of college football coaches, and he added to his resume in a very quiet but stern way prior to the 58-0 victory over Miami Saturday afternoon in Sun Life Stadium when he told two of his players to "Unleash it now."
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: "Unleash it now." Elliott talks south Florida, recruiting and program culture

Oct 26, 2015, 5:46 PM

Man I love Clemson!

Re: New Story: "Unleash it now." Elliott talks south Florida, recruiting and program culture

Oct 26, 2015, 5:50 PM

What a coach and what a program we have.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2015, 10:52 PM

My daughter attends James Island High , where Tony Elliott played and then of course he graduated and proceeded to walk-on at Clemson .
I find it odd that inside their stadium there is a big name board proclaiming JIHS as the home of Roddy White , bit there is no mention of Elliot ...who is what I would consider a fine example of success in his own right .
Not a knock on White , but give TE some love !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Clemson

Oct 26, 2015, 5:51 PM

Epitomizes class!

Re: Clemson

Oct 26, 2015, 9:11 PM

:)

Our CULTURE.. Sounds good & right on!

Oct 26, 2015, 5:52 PM

GoTigers..keep ROCKing!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best HC, best staff, best culture in nation

Oct 26, 2015, 6:00 PM

Period, end of story....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Best HC, best staff, best culture in nation

Oct 26, 2015, 9:44 PM

Yep! That's the way I see it too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very excited

Oct 26, 2015, 6:01 PM

Love what coach Elliot said. That's basically another shot at Miami and other programs like them (looking at you Auburn and Ole Miss). I think we just scored again...

VERY very proud!***

Oct 26, 2015, 7:02 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There really is something in these hills

Oct 26, 2015, 6:06 PM

My favorite part about Dabo's now famous "rant" was that he stood up for his players and their efforts; it wasn't about himself and it wasn't even really about the program.

Elliot says it even better here. They're making men out of boys, and upstanding gentlemen at that. This is my favorite part: "...demands that you go to class, that you graduate, that you stay out of trouble and that you win and lose with class. Those things are actually more important to your life than your actual performance on the football field.”

Proud of this staff. Proud to be a Tiger.

Indeed, there is...

Oct 26, 2015, 8:17 PM

I so agree! They aren't just talking the talk, they are walking the walk and turning out 'men' who have the tools necessary to contribute and to be a part of life after football and beyond. This is what I would want, if I was a parent of a D-1 athlete, unless I was only after the the pot of gold at the end of my child's rainbow. This is the way to build character in men to provide the tools necessary to navigate through the matrix that is life. So proud of our coaches and players and wish them all the best going in to the future. Good time to be a Clemson Tiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Re: There really is something in these hills

Oct 26, 2015, 9:46 PM [ in reply to There really is something in these hills ]

So well said by Coach Elliot, and reflected in your post. It's what we have become and have embraced.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Perfectly Aligned Priorities

Oct 26, 2015, 6:23 PM

They're students FIRST
Good people SECOND
Great football players THIRD

The end result is young Men of Strength, Character and Integrity.

I would flip One and Two.***

Oct 26, 2015, 7:56 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone know of any recruits that Miami had at the game

Oct 26, 2015, 6:26 PM

that we are also pursuing?

Re: Does anyone know of any recruits that Miami had at the game

Oct 26, 2015, 9:48 PM

If they had any there, I'm glad they paid for them to come and watch us play and how classy, professional and dominating we are. We made a huge positive impression on Saturday.

Really proud of all of our Florida players as they are all..

Oct 26, 2015, 6:36 PM

high character young men. Coach Elliot (and all of our others as well) embodies the type of character we want to recruits to have. I just hope we are able to keep him many years, but if I know Dabo, he will be proud to have his assistants eventually take HC jobs. That is the sign of a great head coach!

Impresive....***

Oct 26, 2015, 6:39 PM

Oct 26, 2015, 6:56 PM

After reading this I am even prouder to be a Clemson Tiger!! What a culture Dabo's put in place.

LOVE IT! So Proud!

Oct 26, 2015, 7:18 PM

Power of the Paw unleashed...in the game and in life.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Tony Elliott said it all and said it well...

Oct 26, 2015, 7:55 PM

And that's the name of that tune! All of these talented kids that could go virtually anywhere have to make that decision. You can go to this or that University where they do this or that. Or you can come to Clemson University where the coaches and the culture actually "care" about your future not just as an athlete, but as a contributor to humankind and life after football. And the beauty of that is they both work in congruity. If you're a professional athlete and make it on the next level, you still need these tools that Clemson University and our coaches will help to provide. We won't leave you our on an island all alone. The support system is here and will be here and as long as you, the student athlete, are here, it will be here for you!

This is Clemson's message to these young men and a beautiful tribute to Coach Swinney and his incredible staff that they not only talk the talk, but walk the walk! It is rare in today's "I gotta have it all and I got to have it now!" world, but Coach Swinney and his coaches have bought in to the "All In" concept and what a beautiful thing it is for Clemson University and all of the young men that they have recruited, encouraged and mentored to be great contributors to humankind. I can only say, WOW!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Win, lose or draw . . . I'm a Tiger fan forevermore!

Hurricane Duane

Elliot for President

Oct 26, 2015, 9:19 PM

Just leave Dabo at Clemson??

Oct 26, 2015, 9:42 PM

Do our guys get it, or what! Wow! So proud of what Clemson stands for and of the culture and the standard Dabo has instilled, even deeper, at Clemson. A you athlete cannot do better than Clemson. There just is no way.

Oct 27, 2015, 12:33 AM

Agreed. Nice article. Just goes to show you, these coaches are not only turning out great athletes, but also molding young men to be good productive members of society that will succeed in the future.

Oct 27, 2015, 9:49 AM

Really, that's even more important than the football coaching, but they do that right, too.

Oct 27, 2015, 12:37 AM

"Unleash it now", sounds like tee shirt material.

Oct 27, 2015, 9:37 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of a coed wearing a "there's something in these hills" T-shirt...NM

Release The KRAKEN!!!

Oct 27, 2015, 7:45 AM

Great job by our coaching staff to keep our players focused on the task at hand.

Have we seen a "complete game" by our Tigers?

What happens when Coach Elliot shouts "Release the Kraken"!!!???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic