Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone else think Mizzou can beat the coots?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 71
| visibility 1

Does anyone else think Mizzou can beat the coots?

Jul 2, 2012, 12:26 PM

Mizzou isn't the power they were a couple years ago with Chase Daniel but they were still pretty legit last year (8-5)- rolled UNC in the bowl game. They run a spread offense and have a running QB. Their QB passed for 2900 yards and ran for 1000 last year.

They beat A&M, Tex Tech, and Texas last year. And played close games against Baylor, Oklahoma, and K-State.

It's a new team SCU isn't used to playing, and it's early in the year before their brutal October stretch of UGA, UF, LSU, TENN. SCU will be coming into the game cocky after last season and will expect to roll Mizzou. I think Mizzou could surprise them. If so, the coots would end up finishing 7-5 or worse with that schedule.

Message was edited by: raginranger®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm personally hoping for a TAMU vs. Mizzou SEC Championship***

Jul 2, 2012, 12:28 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

THIS^^***

WOW!

Jul 2, 2012, 12:32 PM [ in reply to I'm personally hoping for a TAMU vs. Mizzou SEC Championship*** ]

I think Mizzu, not sure on A&M.

Mizzu gonna clean up the East!

Re: I'm personally hoping for a TAMU vs. Mizzou SEC Championship***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:46 PM [ in reply to I'm personally hoping for a TAMU vs. Mizzou SEC Championship*** ]

ESPN would still make sure that Bama and LSU were in the MNC game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that was to happen...

Jul 3, 2012, 8:10 AM [ in reply to I'm personally hoping for a TAMU vs. Mizzou SEC Championship*** ]

I would be chanting SEC! SEC! SEC!

Missouri is absolutely capable of beating $CU***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Does anyone else think Mizzou can beat the coots?

Jul 2, 2012, 12:29 PM

If the Citadel can almost beat the Coots, I think anyone has a fair shot at them.

Jul 2, 2012, 10:39 PM

USC beat The Citadel 41-20 last season....

Jul 2, 2012, 12:29 PM

I think Vandy will be more of a challenge because it is the first game and on the road. I do think Mizzu could give them a game, but they have the advantage of playing at home. We all know SCars secondary is questionable and I think that will be even more apparent with the loss of Gilmore.

null

Mizzou has as good a chance as anyone to capture

Jul 2, 2012, 12:30 PM

the SEC Least this year. They get Georgia early in the season which is UGA's weakest stretch, and every other team in the division has questions. It will be interesting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2012, 12:31 PM

Yes they can also they got hte 1# WR in 2012. Also tye coits messed up getting tex am every year have you seen their 2013 class dang!

Jul 2, 2012, 12:34 PM

I believe he was actually the #1 overall recruit last year. Dorial Green-Beckham. They have a solid QB & RB returning so if that WR has an immediate impact like a Sammy Watkins, then their offense would be super potent.

YEP!***

Jul 2, 2012, 12:40 PM

I consider it a physical impossibility.

Jul 2, 2012, 12:42 PM

Anybody who disagrees is a complete idiot. Feel free to respond as you wish.

Does a chicken have lips? ******

Jul 2, 2012, 12:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6060....do you speak english?***

Jul 2, 2012, 12:55 PM

null

Message was edited by: wtrskitiger®

I'm not a zoologist, but I don't believe they do.***

Jul 2, 2012, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Does a chicken have lips? ****** ]

Bravo!***

Jul 2, 2012, 1:10 PM [ in reply to I consider it a physical impossibility. ]

Mizzou could win the east***

Jul 2, 2012, 12:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2012, 12:58 PM

Heck yeah they can beat us. Their QB Franklin is extremely dangerous. They are pretty solid evrywhere else too. I think they may lack some depth but with us playing them pretty early that may not matter. I think we are probably the better team and we are at home. We should win but it is very possible for Mizzou to win. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they beat us. I'd hate to be UGA and go to Columbia, MO early in season.

I bet UGA loses that game

Jul 2, 2012, 1:05 PM

early in the year...Mizzou's first SEC game...their crowd and team will be jacked up for that game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus UGA tends to start slow***

Jul 2, 2012, 2:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you're right...they always do***

Jul 2, 2012, 2:06 PM

I agree with you....

Jul 2, 2012, 2:18 PM [ in reply to I bet UGA loses that game ]

I think UGA has a better chance of losing to Mizzu than USC, simply because of when (2nd game of the year vs 4th game) and where they play (away vs home), with most of the weight being put on having to play at SC. The bulldogs will also have several key defenders gone for UM and now Crowell. It sets up as a trap game for the bulldogs.

However, I also think if UGA wins the Mizzu game, they win the SEC east.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: I agree with you....

Jul 2, 2012, 10:21 PM

http://www.macon.com/2012/06/21/2068793/ranking-the-games-the-trip-to.html

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Jul 2, 2012, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anyone else think Mizzou can beat the coots? ]

I think the real question is..does carolina have a real chance to beat missouri?

Jul 2, 2012, 1:11 PM

Yes I think that Missouri can beat us because they have a very dynamic spread offense.

Do I think they will be us, no because we would be coming off some weaker competition, meaning our guys will not have been through the rigors of play UGA/LSU back to back weeks. But by no means would I count them out.

Missou also has a legitimate chance of shocking UGA in game 2. UGA has to go on the road, without some of their better DBs and beat a team playing it's first ever SEC game.

Missouri is no joke offensively, but I am not convinced that their defense at this point can hang with our running game for 4 quarters (UGA on the other hand will be using an extremely talented, but unproven rookie)

yes. and they wake up every day thanking god that they got

Jul 2, 2012, 1:12 PM

into the eastern division. they can come in and compete,immediately for a division title, whereas if they had went to the western div., they would already be behind 'bama,lsu and arkansas (not sure,post-petrino, if ark. will stay this legit.)

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

Message was edited by: sgt tiger®

So Car will go 6-6 even if they beat Mizzou.***

Jul 2, 2012, 1:58 PM

Which games are you projecting as the likely losses?***

Jul 2, 2012, 2:05 PM

GA, FLA, Arky, Tenn, LSU and Clemson.***

Jul 2, 2012, 3:14 PM

Hmmmm...I don't know about that.

Jul 2, 2012, 6:09 PM

UGa only loses two starters from a prety solid defense last year and the QB and all of the WR's are back. However, they lose three starters on the OL and they have all sorts of questions at RB now. Also, there are other key players facing milti-game suspension including starting safety Bacarri Rambo, starting linebacker Alec Ogletree, and defensive back Branden Smith for violating team rules.

Florida has numerous questions of its own; a new starting QB and a new OC among them. While I expect some improvement, I really don't expect much.

For Tennessee, the excuses "We're young" and "We still haven't established enough depth!" are out of the window. The team returns a a boat load of starters on both sides of the ball but Dooley is still the head coach.

With a new head coach, I don't know what to expect from Arkansas. The Hogs will have to replace their two main receiving threats and RB Knile Davis is returning from a severe ACL injury. They do return six starters from last years defense that ranked near the bottom of the league in most statistical categories last year.

At this point, I would say UGa, Florida, Arkansas, Tennessee and Clemson are toss-up games for them while LSU is the only likely sure loss.

They certainly won't win them all but I don't think it's realistic to expect them to lose them all either.

Re: So Car will go 6-6 even if they beat Mizzou.***

Jul 2, 2012, 2:57 PM [ in reply to So Car will go 6-6 even if they beat Mizzou.*** ]

Seems a little optimistic. I think the possible losses are:

Mizzou- south carolina secondary suspect, more so with losses of Stephon Gilmore and Antonio Allen.

UGA- Georgia brings back a lot of people this year + they have lost to Coot U twice in a row. That won't be sitting well with them.

FLA- they will not be great this year, but they have still lost twice in a row and this game is in FLA. Is possible they pull the upset.

TENN- should be improved this year. they had a ton of bad luck with injuries last year. They return a good QB in Tyler Bray and impact playmakers in Justin Hunter and Da-Rick Rogers. They have also lost twice in a row to USC and will be looking for revenge.

Clemson- should be even on paper but we may be the more hungry team after losing 3 in a row and it's a home.

Arkansas- they owned the coots before petrino and will continue to own them after.

That is 6 losses with Mizzou. I can't think of them losing another game. In all likelihood, they will probably go 8-4 (barring injuries).

Jul 2, 2012, 3:07 PM

So your justification for us possibly losing these games is because we have beaten these teams 2 or 3 times in a row? I'll take it.

All joking aside, the first big hole here is that you left off LSU. We could play the absolute most perfect game and still lose by 2 touchdowns.. realistically speaking I have that marked up as a loss.

I really do not see Florida competing with us in that game, even in Gainesville.. too many questions on offense and no QB to lead that team.

Mizzou and Tennessee have me worried a bit. Both teams have really strong QBs and should have dynamic passing offenses. Luckily, both of these games are at home. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see us lose either of these games, but I expect to win both of them.

UGA and Arkansas have me more worried. UGA because that will be the biggest SEC East game of the season and the will have a very stout front 7 that should be able to slow down our running game. Arkansas, like you said, has just owned us. On paper, we probably have a stronger team overall, but there is just something about Arkansas that makes me think we won't beat them until I see it.

This year against Clemson, it should be two strong teams with strong years (at least 8-3 for both schools going into this game) fighting it out on the field.

Jul 2, 2012, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: So Car will go 6-6 even if they beat Mizzou.*** ]

LSU

Jul 2, 2012, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: So Car will go 6-6 even if they beat Mizzou.*** ]

You are right to allude to Gilmore being tough to replace,

Looks like a lot of the same folks

Jul 2, 2012, 3:03 PM

that thought Clemson could beat the Gamecocks the last 3 years think Mizzou can do it this year.

Re: Looks like a lot of the same folks

Jul 2, 2012, 3:08 PM

like who?? Why don't you tell us the names of the people in this thread who've predicted a Clemson win over usuck the last three years.......and, of course, you'll need to provide the links to prove your stupid chickentroll assertion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup. Typical toogian nonsense.***

Jul 2, 2012, 3:10 PM

You for one***

Jul 2, 2012, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like a lot of the same folks ]

Uh, thats a gigantic lie only chickentrolls are capable of

Jul 2, 2012, 5:37 PM

You'll never see my name in a thread predicting scores or records of Clemson vs anyone unless making a joking comment But since you didn't provide any proof backing up your lie, the cowardly way, there's nothing any discriminating reader can believe.

Its so tiring constantly having to disprove the prevarications you and the rest of the trolls (Neilly comes immediately to mind) post here on a Clemson sports board.....why the moderators continue to allow you to stink up this board with inflammatory statements and outright lies completely escapes me.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plenty of Clemson fans predicted wins over South Carolina

Jul 2, 2012, 9:47 PM

last year - especially in the summer.

A quick look at the boards reveals that for anyone that takes 10 mins to look.

well they've been right 65 times, not gonna be right

Jul 2, 2012, 9:52 PM

Everytime

They weren't right last year- not even close***

Jul 3, 2012, 12:43 AM

Not that anyone is talking to you, but we just need

Jul 2, 2012, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Plenty of Clemson fans predicted wins over South Carolina ]

bookmakerchickentroll to back up his OP about the people above him in this thread that had made predictions that Clemson would beat usuck the last three years.

He, naturally, has not done so. And then, he made a completely false statement that I had in some way predicted a win or a year's record and I've NEVER done so..........he's just another big liar like many of the chickentrolls on Tnet---Neilly comes immediately to mind.

Who cares- plenty of

Jul 3, 2012, 12:44 AM

Clemson fans predicted wins last year over South Carolina.

They turned out to be wrong.

Re: Who cares- plenty of

Jul 4, 2012, 1:33 PM

apparently you care about bookmakerchickentroll's lyin' crap. I'm just trying to get him to be specific about he statements he made and back them up.

Re: Who cares- plenty of

Jul 5, 2012, 10:27 PM

it's easy to back up if he goes back and looks it up - which you can do as well.

Lots of predictions last year - were wrong.

Boling, you said, "a lot of the same folks"...

Jul 2, 2012, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Looks like a lot of the same folks ]

Please list these "same folks" and clarify what you mean by "a lot".

Secondly, I don't think it's a stretch to think you'll lose to Missouri, just like it's not a stretch at all to think your 2012 season will not be nearly as successful as your 2011 bizarre anomaly of a season.

You can just go ahead and answer as "Toogie" since that's who you are, Boling.

and you for 2***

Jul 2, 2012, 5:30 PM

Thanks for the expected response, Boling.***

Jul 2, 2012, 9:48 PM

Jul 2, 2012, 5:40 PM

Yes they can beat usc, But I dont think that will

Good response. that makes sense

Jul 3, 2012, 12:49 AM

I think we will beat Missouri since the game is at our place.

That assumes we play well and limit turnovers- which we've been able to do fairly well in the last several years.

Of course Missouri could win the game.

No Gamecock fan expects to "roll" Missouri

Jul 2, 2012, 9:46 PM

That's message board fodder.

Every conference game is tough.

None? Zero?...

Jul 2, 2012, 9:47 PM

And do you even know what "fodder" means?

That's what I said, right?

Jul 3, 2012, 12:42 AM

I assume you read it and understood it the first time.

I know that may be a big assumption.

So you admit to, at best, exaggerating?...

Jul 3, 2012, 12:46 AM

Cool. That's what I was saying. Rationalize is a good word too.

repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse- you might get it

Jul 3, 2012, 12:47 AM

right one day.

Good luck.

Oh ok...

Jul 3, 2012, 12:50 AM

So another case of simple denial with zero rebuttal. Typical.

You've just described your entire posting history

Jul 3, 2012, 12:51 AM

if you aren't smart enough to read my response and understand it- then no amount of help will lead you out of the hole.

That only exists in your head...

Jul 3, 2012, 12:54 AM

You make it up as you go along, and none of it refutes a darn thing. As long as you can admit that, then we're straight.

refute? Refute your nonsense?

Jul 3, 2012, 3:14 PM

repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse

Gomer, why did you even come back to this? You were out

Jul 4, 2012, 1:15 PM

in left field when we first had the discussion, and you're still there in your latest bizarre reply.

YOU: No Gamecock fan expects to roll Missouri. That's message board fodder.

ME: Zero? Really? And do you know what fodder means?

YOU: Yes, I meant absolutely zero. Not a single cockfan in the universe thinks we're going to roll Missouri. And no, I have no idea what fodder means.

ME: So you admit to obsessive exaggerating and rationalizing? Yeah, I guess we already knew that.

YOU: Repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse - you might get it right one day.

ME: Oh ok. So I'm 100% correct and you're stuck in denial. Yet again no rebuttal and more tangential nonsense. That's typical of basically every post you ever make.

YOU: You've just described your entire posting history. If you aren't smart enough to read my response and understand...

ME: What are you talking about? That deluded nonsense exists only in your twisted head. By no means do I have a post history chock full of denials, delusions, and weak rationalizations. That's all you. Furthermore, you make it up as you go along, and you haven't refuted anything going all the way back to your subject post. You're lost.

YOU: Refute? Refute your nonsense? repeat, rinse, repeat, rinse

ME: Yup. More of the same. Denials, delusions, weak rationalizations and making it up as you go along. Go back and read from the beginning...you've refuted nothing.

YOU: [pending denial here]

Yeah that is why everyone says Georgia's schedule is one

Jul 2, 2012, 9:49 PM [ in reply to No Gamecock fan expects to "roll" Missouri ]

Of the weakest ever. KY, Ole Miss, miss st and Vandy have been real tough

it is "weak" if you are comparing other schedules - on paper

Jul 3, 2012, 12:45 AM

which is what we are doing.

Every conference game is tough.

Clemson knows that full well over the years.

How many times do sports fans have to learn that lesson to get it through their thick heads?

Re: Mizzou will be the new door mat of the SEC.***

Jul 2, 2012, 9:49 PM

Beat 'em like a rented mule.***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:07 PM

Beat'em like Matt Shepard in a crowded redneck bar***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:17 PM

I have, do, and will always expect the coots to lose.***

Jul 2, 2012, 10:21 PM

Jul 2, 2012, 11:50 PM

Does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

Jul 5, 2012, 10:30 PM

Does anyone care? This is a Clemson site, right?

Replies: 71
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic