Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anybody else notice when this pitcher for Nc State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Does anybody else notice when this pitcher for Nc State

Mar 16, 2018, 7:59 PM

Comes set and peeks to first he turns his shoulders almost every time? It’s a balk

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can't fake or feign a throw, turning your shoulders...

Mar 16, 2018, 8:12 PM

with your hands set isn't feigning a throw.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He can't fake or feign a throw, turning your shoulders...

Mar 16, 2018, 8:22 PM

No it’s not but he still can’t turn his shoulders if he is set. That is a balk

Yes, he can.***

Mar 16, 2018, 8:26 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes, he can.***

Mar 16, 2018, 8:34 PM

Once the pitcher comes set, he can’t not budge or move in any way. His next move has to be towards home or he has to step off. Dude you are seriously showing your lack of knowledge right now

You're wrong, he can budge/move, he can't fake a throw.

Mar 16, 2018, 8:38 PM

When a pitcher takes the ball out his glove, as example, as righties often do, they're forced to step off the rubber. That's feigning a throw.

The ump is doing a fine job, the pitcher is not to deceive runner or batter and turning his shoulders with the ball at his side or set does neither.

Have another beer or whatever and try to enjoy the game.

Re: Yes, he can.***

Mar 16, 2018, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Yes, he can.*** ]

It’s hilarious that you’re always such a smart ### to everybody and you don’t even know what a balk is in baseball. You have no credibility anymore as if you did before

Nope, once a pitcher comes set he can only

Mar 16, 2018, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Yes, he can.*** ]

move his head.

Any movement other than stepping off the rubber, stepping towards a base for a pick off throw, or beginning the pitching motion towards the plate is considered a balk.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The umpire is right, you guys have it out with him...***

Mar 16, 2018, 8:42 PM

Re: The umpire is right, you guys have it out with him...***

Mar 16, 2018, 8:44 PM

http://m.mlb.com/glossary/rules/balk

Second half of the fourth paragraph.

Mar 16, 2018, 8:46 PM

Bam!

The pitcher has made no motion whatsoever to throw to any

Mar 16, 2018, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The umpire is right, you guys have it out with him...*** ]

base, it's all inclusive and the why the umpire makes no call.

It's the entirety of the rule, turning his shoulders is not feigning a throw, period. He can certainly look to first, third, 2nd and in doing so is going to entail more than his head moving. That's just human physics.

There is nothing the kid is doing that constitutes a balk unless you're drunk or a moron.

Re: The pitcher has made no motion whatsoever to throw to any

Mar 16, 2018, 8:58 PM

So that certainly removes any doubt one would have had that you were ever a baseball pitcher.

Tell me why this pitcher now is not moving his shoulders to look to first? Instead he is basically putting his chin on his left shoulder and using his peripheral vision to guage how far the runner is off the base.

If that is physically impossible for you then I certainly apologize, but please do not assume that everyone has the same physical limitations as you do.

Haha...

Mar 16, 2018, 8:59 PM

you're too stupid for words.

The rule is wrapped in can and if YOU can call a balk on what that young man is doing then I have pity on any soul in your life.

The ump is correct in calling this game.

Yet you still felt the need to give them.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:02 PM

It’s alright to be wrong, as you certainly are in this case, evidenced by the article I posted and the comments made by other posters.

But continue on with your general asshattery and nonsense.

No, you need to give them when the intent is to deceive.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:04 PM

It's a game and games are designed to be fair. Nothing whatsoever unfair about what that young man did.

Re: No, you need to give them when the intent is to deceive.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:15 PM

Except the part where it would be against the rules.

I’m really sorry that you’re incorrect, but that’s simply what you are.

By continuing to argue you’re just digging a deeper hole for yourself, maybe stop digging before you’re well over your head.

Count up the number of balks called and get back to me...

Mar 16, 2018, 9:26 PM

There are none, because the entirety of the rule, its soul remained in tact.

Some people such as yourself don't understand the game, the integrity and that's OK.

Some grew up on BTF, Al Lang, Al Lopez, The Diamond et al. with HOFers, Major Leaguers alike or spent an entire youth on Cardinal Drive practicing with Simmons, Blackwell, Templeton and more.

The game has a soul and trash like you only attempt to rape it because you believe you "can" by reading a letter.

It's all inclusive with the intent of the rules to maintain what is fair and good in a great game and the ump did so. The ump called a great game.

Deal with him, because you're not even close to making hay here.

Re: Count up the number of balks called and get back to me...

Mar 16, 2018, 9:37 PM

It’s cool that you name some people and say some things, but ultimately you are wrong by the letter of the rule.

Regardless of if the umpire called it or not, which I’m not even arguing, the rule states you cannot move any part of your body other than your head once coming set.

That’s pretty easy to read and comprehend, so I’m not sure why it is such a chore for you?

You can call names, etc., but that doesn’t really have any bearing on the fact that you’re wrong.

I certainly do understand the game, as I played it for the better part of two decades for 9 months every year.

The only “######” going on is you spewing you’re ignorant nonsense, and not being able to accept the fact that you’re incorrecf. So please spare us all, and try to forget that you’re wrong instead of denying it and continuing to look like a jack ###.

How many have been called now?***

Mar 16, 2018, 9:38 PM

How many now?

Re: How many have been called now?***

Mar 16, 2018, 9:39 PM

You tell me, ole wise one, and when you do tell me how/why that applies to the rule?

I'm on the umpire's side as he's calling a fantastic game.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:41 PM

Maybe you should shuttle your stupidity/drunkeness there instead of playing the ass once again here?

How many now?

Re: I'm on the umpire's side as he's calling a fantastic game.

Mar 16, 2018, 10:08 PM

Dear dumbshitposter,

You still didn’t answer how your response applied to the rule.

Did you miss the umpires miss the ball hitting third base as well, or was that a “good call?”

No, how many balks were called?

Mar 16, 2018, 10:15 PM

If you'd like to change the subject let me know, but only after you take it up with the umpire that called a fantastic game.

Now, how many were called?

Re: No, how many balks were called?

Mar 16, 2018, 11:07 PM

I would love to discuss the rule, which is what was originally mentioned. You changed the subject to how many the umpire called only after it was pointed out that you were wrong.

However, as shown below please refer to Rule 9 (pitching), section (b), #2.

You’re wrong, and that’s all there is to it.

No, what was originally mentioned was that it was a balk

Mar 16, 2018, 11:20 PM

and clearly only you and the other ####### moron think so. Perhaps there are others that see it wrong as well, but definitely not those in charge.

I clearly agree with those in charge Mr. Sometimes.

So again, Mr. Sometimes, how many were called? I'd say Blue had the game well in hand, did a fantastic job, while you and yours are on the outside looking in. I really don't believe that's in question Mr. Sometimes.

Once again, because you're having trouble with the language, go have a field day with blue.

It's a fool's errand, but you seem just the fool for the job.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: The umpire is right, you guys have it out with him...*** ]

Go home. You’re drunk. The Clemson Tigers are not a major league baseball team. Here is the NCAA rule book:
http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/BA18.pdf

A balk is broadly defined as a requiring a “feinting motion.” That is obviously subjective. The umpire clearly didn’t view it as one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In the midst of madness comes a light of reason.***

Mar 16, 2018, 9:43 PM

Mar 16, 2018, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Re: The umpire is right, you guys have it out with him...*** ]

Rule 9, section (b):

2) The pitcher shall deliver the pitch from a set position only after coming to
a complete and discernible stop with his entire body.

You’re defining a balk just fine, but violations of other rules can sometimes result in an illegal pitch, or a balk if runners are on base.

Re: Nope, once a pitcher comes set he can only

Mar 16, 2018, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Nope, once a pitcher comes set he can only ]

Thank u. I was wondering when someone with sense would come back me up. I’m done arguing with this guy. If he thinks that’s not a balk I don’t know what else to tell him. He just got done grilling some guy earlier too for next to nothing and look at him now

Re: Nope, once a pitcher comes set he can only

Mar 16, 2018, 8:52 PM

Dude you just got to ignore some of these know it alls on here .
I mean you spend why too much energy trying to prove yourself.
Just laugh at their stupidity
It is a free message board and means absolutely nothing.

Re: Does anybody else notice when this pitcher for Nc State

Mar 16, 2018, 8:20 PM

It certainly is a balk if he turns his shoulder

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2018, 8:25 PM

Pitcher can turn his soldier before he comes to the stretch position

Mar 16, 2018, 8:33 PM

Not once he comes set. He can’t move his shoulders at all. His next movement has to be towards home or step off to throw over.

Mar 16, 2018, 8:47 PM

Once the pitcher comes set, he cannot move his shoulder...you are correct...

I didn’t notice him doing it. I was too busy watching us standard 8 runners through 7.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 16, 2018, 8:47 PM

Once the pitcher comes set, he cannot move his shoulder...you are correct...

I didn’t notice him doing it. I was too busy watching us strand 8 runners through 7.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Mar 16, 2018, 8:55 PM

We will have to start getting more hits in ACC play
these teams are not walking 8-9-10 batters.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:03 PM

For real man. This was a bad game but it’s not over yet and we will bounce back tomorrow if we do lose

Mar 16, 2018, 9:05 PM

Bad game offensively, average to good pitching with a few mistakes, but that will happen in baseball.

We will certainly bounce back tomorrow afternoon, but as you mentioned, this one is far from over.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:07 PM

Looks like Henny is going to be like Barnes last season.
Pitch well and not get much run support on Friday.
I guess it’s expected a bit facing their best pitching

Mar 16, 2018, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Does anybody else notice when this pitcher for Nc State ]

Crawford will really need to locate his pitches big time tomorrow. That lefty they have is really good too. We’re gonna have to earn this series

Mar 16, 2018, 9:11 PM

cant get nothing past knowledge

Mar 16, 2018, 9:21 PM

Lol I like u deroberts

Mar 16, 2018, 9:22 PM

no i like you better

yeah, that’s why everybody is rioting at the game.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:45 PM

Good grief. He’s pushing it but he’s not balking.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

And I'd fault him if he didn't.

Mar 16, 2018, 9:48 PM

How goes RT? Happy Friday.

Happy Saturday, now!

Mar 17, 2018, 2:14 PM

Just saw it.
Hope all is well DSP

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Work until 10pm so I didn't see the game, BUT that rule is-

Mar 16, 2018, 10:44 PM

that if it is a SLIGHT turn of the front shoulder then it's okay. More than that and it's a balk. I didn't see it so idk how exaggerated it was. I will say that just bc it wasn't called doesn't mean it wasn't a balk. I watched lefty pitchers balk all through the SCar series when they threw over and it never got called.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic