Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Miami and/Or Oklahoma Jump Us After This Weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,096

Does Miami and/Or Oklahoma Jump Us After This Weekend?

Nov 17, 2017, 3:35 PM

Since we are playing an FCS team this weekend and we are not number 1 at the moment, does either or both of Miami and Oklahoma jump us in the CFP ranking next Tuesday since they are both playing FBS foes this week that they should beat handily (Miami favored by 17 over Virginia at home and Oklahoma is favored by 34 over Kansas at Kansas)?

Hocutt said in one of his interviews that the difference between Clemson, Miami, and Oklahoma in the committee's mind was razor thin. So, since we are playing a game that has absolutely no benefit to us in the sight of the committee. Do one or both jump us?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Miami and/Or Oklahoma Jump Us After This Weekend?

Nov 17, 2017, 3:38 PM

Miami possibly because they are playing a team with a winning record. Kansas is really bad and will likely hurt Oklahoma as much as Citadel hurts us.

null

Who really cares what Miami does

Nov 17, 2017, 4:50 PM

They are history after we spank that bottom in Charlotte. I will always remember the ACCCG as the football game that changed North Carolina's Governor

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Playing Kansas is like playing a FCS team

Nov 17, 2017, 3:39 PM

Hth

Here's what Swinney has to say about it:

Nov 17, 2017, 3:45 PM

“The rankings don't matter. I don't know why people get worked up about that stuff on November 15th because it's going to all play itself out,” he said. “You're going to play the games. I could see if they were going to declare a champion this Saturday. It doesn't matter. We're going to play games. We're going to play Miami. Somebody is going to lose. The game is going to go until somebody loses.

“There's not going to be a tie. All of these things work themselves out. You've got other matchups as well. That's what's great about college football, just when you think you've got it all figured out, you don't. We're just thankful we're in the hunt. We've earned it. It's not like we haven't played anybody. We've played a good schedule and we've earned it. At the end of the day, you win or you lose.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here's what Swinney has to say about it:

Nov 17, 2017, 3:59 PM

Oh I agree with what you are saying, but I guess my real point is why we even bother with games against FCS opponents. I know everybody does that this weekend for the most part (particularly in the ACC and SEC), but it is a meaningless game with no upside for Clemson. Back in the day it could be the difference between a 7-5 and an 8-4 year but now we are on another level. I would rather we play some mid-major team in FBS than an FCS team.

I get it that Dabo wants to give Furman, Wofford, Citadel, and SC State a chance to play us every couple of years. But how bout a game that would be slightly more competitive like maybe Georgia Southern, App State, Marshall, or other mid-majors, etc.

Playing the what if we were just on the outside looking in scenario like Wisconsin,,Say for example if we were at #5 right now instead of #2 wouldn't whuppin' up on a mid-major be better to get up to #4 than playing Citadel, Furman, Wofford or any other FCS school.

Nov 17, 2017, 4:07 PM

It don't matter as long as we stay in the top 4. After Dec. 2 is when the nut cutting begins!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2017, 4:18 PM

Don't really even have to stay in the top 4 so long as Miami does.

Does Alabama ever drop

Nov 17, 2017, 4:58 PM

when yhey play a close game or non p5 team as in this weekend? NO

Virgina may beat them. We beat c00ts and Miami, we are IN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,096
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic