Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Houston beating Pitt make Clemson a worse team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,021

Does Houston beating Pitt make Clemson a worse team?

Jan 3, 2015, 10:09 AM

Does Duke losing to Arizona St affect Clemson?

I'm trying to rap my head around this conference stuff.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Does Houston beating Pitt make Clemson a worse team?

Jan 3, 2015, 10:13 AM

I don't really see how it affects our Tigers.
I think all of this conference crap is stupid.
Play Your Schedule and the heck with everything else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Jan 3, 2015, 10:22 AM

In my opinion, if the team plays competitively the loss neither hurts or helps Clemson. However, when a team gets curb stomped, like UNC, that hurts. Pitt certainly gagged a hair ball, but they were certainly competitive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Howard Johnson is right!

Jan 3, 2015, 11:02 AM

I mean Tinker is right...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Howard Johnson is right!

Jan 3, 2015, 1:33 PM

Rahrbit!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With all his success, his highest salary was $25,000 a year. The president of the university, Dr. R. F. Poole, feared that professors who earned less would be upset. "He called me up and said that he didn't want me to tell anybody what I made," Howard once said. "I said: 'Doc, you don't have to worry. I'm as ashamed as you are of what you pay me.' " - Frank Howard Obituary, New York Times, 01/27/1996

Ummm, "No" and "No"...***

Jan 3, 2015, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Exactly^^^***

Jan 3, 2015, 10:45 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

^^^Gets it^^^***

Jan 3, 2015, 10:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We only play those teams every 4 years...

Jan 3, 2015, 10:40 AM

Not even in our division.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

since Clemson would have to win all games with the exception

Jan 3, 2015, 10:53 AM

Of a loss to a sec front runner then for the acc it just is not that important. The acc use to be that way in basketball and we were never part of the higher eschelon to enjoy. Next year if we beat Fl St and GT plus all other teams we should be in top 4 and that is a better chance than past years where if there were 3 undefeated teams or even a 1 defeated sec then someone else besides Clemson would be there. Always was that way - no one saw us coming in 81 and lots of talk about us not belonging even on the day we won

Finally just enjoy it however you like since the enjoyment for Clemson fans should be about Clemson and regardless of who you pull for makes no difference in the score ??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does hurt our perception

Jan 3, 2015, 10:55 AM

We dont get credit for winning the ACC if the ACC is seen as a cakewalk

But outside FSU the ACC is a cakewalk.***

Jan 3, 2015, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

GT says hi

Jan 3, 2015, 1:18 PM

Louisville can be really good, VT has been good but Beamers gotta go, Miami idk maybe with the right coach, watch out for Duke if cutty stays

Had Deshaun not gone down we wouldn't have had any problem***

Jan 3, 2015, 1:26 PM

There's something in these hills.

Jan 3, 2015, 10:56 AM

Not at all! This conference stuff is ridiculous now. It wasn't always like this! Just like Arkansas beating Texas does nothing for USUCK even though they'll say it does, just like they will with Tenn and UGA and Florida if they beat the mighty ECU pirates! The SEC is now bragging by winning the Birmingham bowl. Jesse Palmer yesterday mentioned how those lowly SEC east teams have won so it shows how top to bottom the sec can compete. Come on man! grasping at straws!! Showing signs of getting desperate!

Jan 3, 2015, 11:01 AM

Then lets all go around touting the hokies and wolfpack's bowl wins. BC misses an extra point so I guess the ACC is soft.

Jan 3, 2015, 11:13 AM

To us on TigerNet no to everyone else yes, because why else was a undefeated FlSt team ranked lower than 2 teams with 1 loss.

Ya'll may say no but the ESecpn ranker say so***

Jan 3, 2015, 12:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Houston comeback was awesome. This "Conference Shaming"

Jan 3, 2015, 1:22 PM

that ESPN pushes every chance they get is just another thing ruining the sport. After Clemson pounded Oklahoma, we should all be able to sit back and just enjoy the other bowl games. Heck, I was rooting for Pitt (tons of family ties to the school), but 29 points in the fourth quarter!?! And to score a touchdown and GO FOR TWO!?! What a bold decision! It was awesome to watch. I hate it for Pitt but that's what you get when you let up on a team that came to play.

null

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,021
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic