Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does ETN stay?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Does ETN stay?

Jan 3, 2020, 10:31 PM

First of all, I don't think he stays, but Swift, Dobbins, and Taylor have all said they're leaving for the draft. ETN quickly mentioned in his post-game interview that he hasn't decided when asked about staying or leaving for the NFL. Could it be something like 2 years ago when Christian Wilkins stayed for one more round? I remember he could have gone after his junior year but there were a lot of guys who were supposed to be 1st rounders in the same position group that year. He stuck around and won it all before going in the first round of the next draft. Could ETN do the same?

IF ETN stays he will shatter so many records at Clemson and in the NCAA it wouldn't be funny.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Jan 3, 2020, 10:33 PM

But like you said, if he were to, he’d end up holding a lot of records.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Jan 3, 2020, 10:34 PM

But I’d love to be wrong about it.

Yes***

Jan 3, 2020, 10:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ETN should leave

Jan 3, 2020, 10:44 PM

His stats are good - Yards per play - cannot get better. Has less mileage. May not be the 1st RB, but will do well long term.

Go and make some money. His family needs it.

I'm starting to think there's a real possiblity that Etienne

Jan 3, 2020, 10:55 PM

comes back for his senior year. I imagine the biggest factor will be his NFL draft grade which may be lower than expected due to Dobbins, Swift, and Taylor all declaring for the draft. Not sure how many running backs will be taken in the first two rounds but tend to think that those three declaring for the NFL draft muddies the water for Etienne.

Both Dobbins and Taylor are 2000 yard rushers this season and will probably get higher draft grades than Etienne. Swift vs Etienne in regards to the draft is probably a coin toss.

I think the advantages of Etienne returning for his senior year are a lot more attractive than what most thought several months ago. Besides getting his degree, should Etienne choose to come back for his senior year, he will almost certainly be the premiere running back for the 2021 draft - can't think of another running back that would jump him in the 2021 draft. A little patience by Etienne now could pay significantly more in his 2021 future...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm starting to think there's a real possiblity that Etienne

Jan 3, 2020, 11:01 PM

TEN still has a Heisman to win!

Jan 3, 2020, 11:16 PM

The more balanced we are the less likely anyone wins the Heisman. With a QB like Trevor, the RB is not going to win the Heisman.

Jan 4, 2020, 10:42 AM

He would if he ran the ball 20 + times a game ,but usually out in 3rd qtr.

I watched Tanner Muse run down JK Dobbins from behind.

Jan 3, 2020, 11:05 PM [ in reply to I'm starting to think there's a real possiblity that Etienne ]

Think he could have done it to Etienne? I think not. NFL loves speed and TE9 has demonstrated toughness, grit and loads of SPEED. I think he'll do just fine in the draft. He needs to go get paid.

Yes Yes Yes

Jan 6, 2021, 4:18 PM

He still needs to work on his pass protection if he wants to go in the first two rounds.

Re: Does ETN stay?

Jan 3, 2020, 11:41 PM

I read where he stated there’s a “good chance” he stays. Maybe it was here?

Jan 4, 2020, 6:16 AM

He did promise mom he would get his degree.

I think he’s staying. Wow what another run it would be

Jan 3, 2020, 11:45 PM

He’s not getting banged up in the ACC like the other backs out there.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he’s staying. Wow what another run it would be

Jan 4, 2020, 1:00 PM

He’s not getting banged up because his carries are limited, not because of the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he’s staying. Wow what another run it would be

Jan 4, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I think he’s staying. Wow what another run it would be ]

He’s not getting banged up because his carries are limited, not because of the conference.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2020, 11:51 PM

Depends on if he has his degree and whatever his mother says.

ETN with 180 yds of total Offense vs. LSU

Jan 4, 2020, 1:00 AM

Wins MVP in Clemson win and departs for combine. Book it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 1:29 AM

No

Replacing entire OL minus Jackson will probably make decision for him.***

Jan 4, 2020, 6:57 AM

Jan 4, 2020, 9:10 AM

Someone here has the link to the interview where he said, “ there’s a big chance I come back”. But he also said he wants to talk with his family and do what’s best for the family. But that draft position will be a factor.

Jan 4, 2020, 9:29 AM

I don't know. You need to ask Etienne and not us Bozos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2020, 12:05 PM

I’m not sure if Hubbard has declared either but he would also be up there, kid is a big play waiting to happen , so you have a lot of top tier RBs including Travis in this years class ... I know he’s not for individual records and if we have someone win it it would more than likely be Trevor next year but the only thing he would be playing for is records , heisman, or another natty... I think he should go and get paid, he’s had a great Clemson career and would hate to see something stupid happen to him next year

Jan 4, 2020, 12:11 PM

No. Running back only keep their speed for so long. Would love to see him stay, but it's in his best interest to go. He has proven everything he needs too.

W puld live to be wrong tho.

GO TIGERS!

Nope.

Jan 4, 2020, 12:19 PM

Imo, Dabo has already appointed someone to take advantage of that scholarship. At this time in their career and life they are grown men. They know they are ready and want to go and conquer another mountain.

Dabo makes sure they understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope.

Jan 4, 2020, 12:33 PM

One advantage to coming out with this class .. Taylor, etal get sucked up by the basket case teams and the further down the draft the better chance to go to a good team.

It's possible. C J Spiller came back for his Senior year.***

Jan 4, 2020, 12:26 PM

Jan 4, 2020, 12:51 PM

would I be extremely happy if he decides to stay? Absolutely. If I were a close friend or family member or even in my capacity as a financial advisor I would suggest moving along. No matter who you play for there is a carries count on a running back.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic