Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Dax Hollifeld's dad still think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Does Dax Hollifeld's dad still think

Sep 28, 2019, 12:40 AM

Bud Foster is no Brent Venables.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/college/father-star-virginia-tech-commit-dax-hollifield-explains-hokies-biggest-advantage-over-clemson/guTP1zbaOjyhTBPBBvj50N/

LOL!!

That program is going downhill fast. Half their starters transferred out the last 2 years and their current recruiting class doesn't have one single 4 Star athlete.

I have a LOT of respect for Bud Foster, he was one of the best in the 90's and 2000's. He's lost his edge the last 5 years though. And, BV has out-coached every other D Coordinator the last 5 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that was as an idiotic statement then

Sep 28, 2019, 1:21 AM

and now it looks even more idiotic. Oh well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Does Dax Hollifeld's dad still think

Sep 28, 2019, 5:25 AM

Coaches prove their worth by the way they teach lesser talent over top talent, and I think that is true with Foster. Just look at what BV has done at Clemson when he had mostly 2 and 3 star players, and that is the biggest difference in Foster or Venable. So you're right, Foster isn't close to being a DC that Venables IS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 6:51 AM

he has 7 solo and 19 assisted tackles through 4 games. no sacks, no TFL

When I see parents quoted,

Sep 28, 2019, 6:59 AM

I think 'vicarious'...and feel for the athlete, knowing that virtually without exception, the decision wasn't solely their own. That's sad.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would think that most parents would not want 17 year old

Sep 28, 2019, 7:09 AM

children making such important decisions on their own. I had a huge influence on my children's education decisions. No way was I going to let them take on too much debt or pick an easy major or a private school or a carppy public school because it was cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our assistants are much better due to the head coach

Sep 28, 2019, 7:00 AM

same thing happened with Foster. He was a better coach under Beamer's leadership.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2019, 8:32 AM

I'm not sure he truly believed it then. It was a sour grapes statement because his son was an on and off take by us. If he had been at the top of our board the whole time we would have heard about BV walking on water.

Sep 28, 2019, 9:54 AM

That’s tooooo bad!

Father of 4 ... when does he have time to play football?***

Sep 28, 2019, 11:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic