Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does Clemson beat UGAG in 2014 if DW4 is named
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Does Clemson beat UGAG in 2014 if DW4 is named

Jul 18, 2018, 12:48 PM

#1 QB at start of camp and gets all the 1st team reps?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/boxscore?gameId=400547740

Yea or Nea will suffice.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No***

Jul 18, 2018, 12:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Does Clemson beat UGAG in 2014 if DW4 is named

Jul 18, 2018, 12:50 PM

Possibly

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just my take, but nay

Jul 18, 2018, 12:52 PM

I think it may have just escalated the arrival of his first injury.

But who knows

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, if the Chad uses him right.***

Jul 18, 2018, 12:52 PM

Jul 18, 2018, 12:53 PM

Actually that won’t suffice. Stoudt led us down the field his first drive, so we can thank him for that. He was shutdown the rest of the game. If Watson just gets the entire second half I believe we win. His play on the road a couple weeks later at FSU makes me pretty certain.....

Jul 18, 2018, 1:17 PM

The game was tied at 21 at half so how did Stoudt only lead one drive? Thats the problem people only want to remember what they want to.

Jul 18, 2018, 3:57 PM

Stoudt led 2 of the 3 scores as the QB before HT...DJ Howard and CJ Davidson did both of the scoring on those drives. Then the 3rd score was the DW4 pass of beauty.

Game was 21-24 going into the 4th...could have been anyone's game. Issue was their RB's had been beating on the line all night...all 3 of them (Gurley, Marshal, and Michel)...Gurley didn't play quite as much in the game as the other two, so was more fresh leading to the last quarter, but then, so was a brand new not played Nick Chubb. Both come in 4th quarter, crack two huge runs for TD's....that was that.

Jul 18, 2018, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Clemson beat UGAG in 2014 if DW4 is named ]

Watson played really well at FSU considering the situation, but people forget that we lost that game, and only put up 17 points, and FSU didn't have Winston for that one. That was with Watson playing most of the game. Our offense was certainly better with Watson over the next couple of weeks at home, but I think people also forget how young the rest of our offense was, and how many of those players grew as the season went along.

I think you misremember how that FSU game went***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Does Clemson beat UGAG in 2014 if DW4 is named ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The game would have definitely been closer IMO...

Jul 18, 2018, 12:53 PM

Gurley had a great game at RB for Georgia but a big factor that contributed to that was because the Clemson offense under Stoudt couldn't keep the defense off the field so they got pretty gassed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I too remember that's how the game played out

Jul 18, 2018, 12:55 PM

Gurley doesn't go nuts against a fresh Clemson D

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The game would have definitely been closer IMO...

Jul 18, 2018, 1:19 PM [ in reply to The game would have definitely been closer IMO... ]

Watson had his chance in the 2nd half as well. Georgia was blitzing every other play and you had a freshman QB in that had just broke his collarbone in the Spring and only weighed 180 pounds. I just wonder what some of you people would have said if Watson got hurt in the 2nd half, I suppose it'd be Dabo is to loyal to freshmen.

Jul 18, 2018, 1:14 PM

Nope, not for one second. Watson had his opportunity to take that game over in the 2nd half and couldn't do it. As a matter of fact you couldn't have had any other QB play as good as Cole did that 1st half. Cole led 2 big touchdown drives in the 1st half that kept the game tied going into the half. Not saying you;re one of the "Dabo is loyal" people or not but those people don't understand facts nor the psyche of a football team. Those people don't understand that Watson broke his collarbone that Spring which set him back and why he was behind Cole. Plus you add in the fact he weighed like 178 pounds soaking wet and Georgia during that 2nd half was trying to break him in two. You have 85 scholarship players that watch your decisions and leadership and some of these fans think that Dabo can walk up and name someone the starter that had been hurt and unable to do the drills necessary in the summer and unable to lift and add muscle compared to a senior who had done everything asked of him and who had done all the work in the summer. Yeah go ahead and name the freshman the starter and see how that works out for you. Not only will your players see that everything you have tried to instill into them means nothing and you'll also give opposing teams material to recruits that it doesn't matter how hard you work because the next big recruit that comes in is going to take your spot. People think it's as easy as naming someone the starter when that couldn't be farther from the truth. You wouldn't want your boss to walk up to you and tell you you just lost your job not because of anything you done but because they believe this younger guy is better than you even though he has not done the job before.

Jul 18, 2018, 1:14 PM

If I remember correctly our Dline owned your OLine and Gurley was a one man wrecking crew. One first down and 15 yards of offense for the Tigers in the 2nd half. It wouldn't had made a difference even if Dabo puts in Tom Brady. We were "rag-dolling" all your qbs.

No.. uga reads about it on tnet and backs out of the game***

Jul 18, 2018, 1:22 PM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dabo says that the windshield is bigger than the rear view

Jul 18, 2018, 1:34 PM

mirror for a reason.

Looking back on it, I realize that's what the great ones do, they look ahead.

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

You are an idiot.***

Jul 18, 2018, 3:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

That philosophy Didn't work for Lincoln.

Jul 18, 2018, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Dabo says that the windshield is bigger than the rear view ]

https://goo.gl/images/K1E42F

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jul 18, 2018, 3:31 PM

No... that team had youth all over the place and needed time to gel. As the year went on it got better.
Now I think Clemson does play much better against UGA if that game is week 8 with a healthy DW4, but Week 1, it was a rough setup no matter who was QB1.

there'd be a better possibility, but likely not..however

Jul 18, 2018, 3:36 PM

we DO WIN @ FSU that year if he starts from snap #1.

Jul 18, 2018, 4:23 PM

Probably not. As has been mentioned, our defense was completely stonewalling your offense and OL in the second half - and that wouldn’t have changed regardless of who the QB was. Deshaun played in at least two or three 2nd half possessions and you went 3 & punt with him in there. Remember Stout led 2 of your 3 first half TD drives (one was your opening possession of the game iirc), plus a drive where you missed a chip shot FG (I think that was as the half expired). It’s not like he was ineffective. We just came out after halftime and manhandled your offense and started shredding your defense.

The better question is, in the 2013 game, would you have still won if our #1 WR (NE Patriot Super Bowl Champ Malcolm Mitchell) hadn’t gotten injured (celebrating a TD no less!) on our 4th play from scrimmage?

Jul 18, 2018, 4:45 PM

Yes - the Dawgs would have been licking their own private parts after DW4 neutered them.

Jul 18, 2018, 5:17 PM

I like to believe so

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic