Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Doeren - Tennessee
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Doeren - Tennessee

Nov 29, 2017, 3:15 PM

Doeren is interviewing at Tennessee.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Doeren - Tennessee

Nov 29, 2017, 3:20 PM

I certainly hope he gets it. We will raid Tennessee recruiting for years.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 3:24 PM

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/935962211255713792

Please tell me this is true lmao

Nov 29, 2017, 3:30 PM

How many different ways can UT botch a coaching search?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Indeed

Nov 29, 2017, 3:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HAHAHA***

Nov 29, 2017, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Doeren - Tennessee ]

Snowflake Basher........Out

Nov 29, 2017, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Doeren - Tennessee ]

When Clay first came on the air last year on Fox Sports Radio, I liked his show and listened to him fairly regularly.

His schtick has gotten old.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 3:28 PM

Kinda thought this one was inevitable. He's done a lot more with a lot less in a much harder division with NC State - there is little doubt the Wolfpack would dribble and then punt the Vols right now.

DD's not exciting and he's obviously got foot-in-mouth disease but he's a hard-working, practical coach who doesn't look for quick fixes. He builds from the lines out, recruits solid 4-and-5-year guys, and generally tries to avoid problem children...and when he gets them, as former starting RB Shadrach Thornton found out, he does not have an endless supply of patience or excuses and is willing to part ways with a bad seed.

He's pushed the Wolfpack to about their natural ceiling of 9 or so wins a year; Tennessee's is a fair bit higher...and he's very familiar with that recruiting territory already, having worked largely the same territory already with NC State.

They could do a lot worse. Nearly did, with that Schiano fiasco. (What was THAT, anyhow?)

Nov 29, 2017, 4:09 PM

I agree with everything you said about DD but I still am not sold on his coaching ability.

I mean, with the exception of this season what exactly has he accomplished at NC State? He's been there 5 years (or whatever) and he generally wins about 2-3 ACC games per season, and goes about 5-7. I get that he's been recruiting, building, etc. for 5 years, but next season they're going to be hot garbage. They lose almost their entire starting Offense and Defense to graduation. He had the perfect storm this year to win, and he still couldn't even win the Atlantic or beat Clemson in a re-building year. This year was an anomaly IMOP, not the start of NC State winning 8,9 games per season. They'll be lucky to win 4 next year.

I don't think Dave will recruit any better at UT, because he's Dave. But, the SEC East is definitely easier to win in. At the moment it's terrible, but won't stay that way forever. Recruiting will continue to be an issue for DD because let's face it, he's a dud. He's not very Charismatic and he hasn't recruited well at NC State (even by NC State standards).

They could do a lot worse, like you said. But, I don't see DD ever winning much of anything at UT unless the SEC East stays terrible.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2017, 3:33 PM

I hope he gets it. Trashy coach like that deserves to be in the SEC.

Nov 29, 2017, 3:38 PM

Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze make this happen......we will own TN recruiting forever if true.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

So Schiano is too big a scumbag but Doeren is okay?

Nov 29, 2017, 4:03 PM

Pretty sure he goats his players into injuring guys on the other team on purpose. Will UT fans be okay with that level of trash?

ut fans are that level of trash....HTH***

Nov 29, 2017, 4:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic