Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think outcome could have been different if......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,035

Do you think outcome could have been different if......

Oct 31, 2017, 8:52 AM

Sorry but i'm still upset of the Syracuse loss, especially now with CFP ranking out and we are outside looking in at the top 4. Assuming our offense played the same way with KB injured and later out, had our defense prepared better, do you think we could have won that game with 24 offensive points? 24 points should have been enough to win. Obviously our defense wasn't prepared or focused for that SU game. But had we prepared better, do you think our defense from the Auburn or GT game could have been enough to stop Syracuse from scoring over 24 points? What if NC State has same game plan as SU, can we handle it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think outcome could have been different if......

Oct 31, 2017, 9:05 AM

The Tigers will be totally prepared and will contain the Pack much better than SU. I am most concerned about the kicking situation. I hope it does not come down to a game winning kick.

We only lost by three so it any one of the problems being

Oct 31, 2017, 9:41 AM

fixed probably would have saved us.

It took a perfect SNAFU storm to lose that game.

Re: We only lost by three so it any one of the problems being

Oct 31, 2017, 9:44 AM

I agree 100% with bengalbilly. That game was a storm of failures at every level. With only a slight improvement in any area, we win in regulation or at least go into overtime and win.

With all respect I may have missed it, but I thought

Oct 31, 2017, 9:47 AM

the CFP rankings would not be released until tonight at 7 p.m.

Thus, I've refrained from conjecture until such time despite the general agreement on TNet that our ranking would suffer from the Cuse loss. Of course, we all hope lessons were learned from that game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are correct.. and I expect us to be top 4 even with the loss***

Oct 31, 2017, 11:10 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 31, 2017, 9:54 AM

After lackluster offensive performances against Auburn, WF, and BC, I kept saying that I was worried about what would happen this season when our defense just had a bad day, and the offense needed to score a lot to keep up or come back from a multiple score deficit. Well the defense had a really bad day against the #29 offense, and still only gave up 27 pts. It just so happened that it was on a day when the starting QB was already hurt then got hurt worse. I don't think anything Syracuse did was particularly inventive or "exposed" the defense in any way. For whatever reason, Clemson just didn't have it that day.

Oct 31, 2017, 9:59 AM

The CFP rankings will be released at 7:00pm tonight(10-31-17).

Oct 31, 2017, 10:04 AM

All we needed to win would have been a Saturday kickoff. What are the stats on road teams playing on week nights? Unless the schools are a bus ride apart, I bet the road team loses a lot more often than they do on Saturdays because asking college students to prep, travel by air, and play on a weeknight is just asking too much. It makes a mockery of the student-athlete concept.

Also, the 'cuse QB is a darn good football player. We will be seeing him on Sundays.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,035
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic