Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think Monte will ever get us to the level of Florida
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Do you think Monte will ever get us to the level of Florida

Jun 12, 2018, 9:20 AM

regarding baseball? 7 of 11 years to CWS. Impressive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think Monte will ever get us to the level of Florida

Jun 12, 2018, 9:33 AM

Do you mean where a rival knocks the winning run over the fence to help you out?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 9:37 AM

I really feel for that kid. If he had stepped back, he would have realized it was still in the park.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I mean, 7 of 11 is incredible no matter how it happens.***

Jun 12, 2018, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Monte will ever get us to the level of Florida ]

Jun 12, 2018, 9:35 AM

4 years in a row. In a one word answer- YES. The only thing that could stand in the way is recruiting. acc has been dominant in basketball imo because of the same reason other conferences have in other sports. True athletes want to compete against the best. Learning from the best, even if you argue perception. Monte has a good base in recruiting our area. Show success and they will come as Dabo has proven.

With the expansion of the acc we have those teams. Just need some wins. Championships.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 11:52 AM

Monte has his work cut out! It has become quite evident that the SEC, especially UF, Vandy, Arkansas and perhaps UGa. have really gone after recruits who create a fairly complete line up. Clemson and the chickens have multiple solid players, but the best programs have very few weaknesses compared to ours. Sully has taken Florida to another level and with their new facility he will have no reason why he cannot continue taking teams to the CWS. The ACC as a whole was "down" this season, but Monte has to broaden his recruiting base, especially with the draft, to locate the type of talent Clemson needs overall.

I expect Clemson to continue rebuilding their program, but Leggett's last years and Monte's first meant we were behind despite the best efforts of each staff. Obviously we need to get past hosting a regional and win a super, however Monte and Drad need to figure out how to further enhance facilities and program support toward improved recruiting and program stability.

Go Tigers!

Jun 12, 2018, 11:57 AM

LOL WE GOT 3 PLAYERS FROM CALIFORNIA. NEXT STEP HAWAII I GUESS. FACT IS ALL THE PLAYERS WE NEED ARE IN SC AND COBB COUNTY IN ATLANTA, SPRINKLING IN A FEW PLAYERS FROM AROUND THE COUNTRY HERE AND THERE. WHAT WE NEED IS A LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. IF THE NCAA WOULD INCREASE SCHOLARSHIPS WE WOULD BE ABLE TO RECRUIT WITH ANYONE. SULLY DONT HARDLY HAVE TO LEAVE THE STATE TO FILL HIS ROSTER.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2018, 12:01 PM

JUST LOOKED IT UP. SULLY HAS 3 PLAYERS NOT FROM FLORIDA, ONE THAT WAS COMMITTED TO CLEMSON UNTIL JACK LEFT.

Jun 12, 2018, 12:04 PM

Yeah and he was a good one if I recall. As posted below, I think he will get there. Just takes time. I hope.

Jun 13, 2018, 2:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you think Monte will ever get us to the level of Florida ]

Agreed! When the NCAA implemented the scholarship rule it set us back. Vandy has the benefit of other schollies to offer players we don’t have. We have had great recruiting classes the past 20 years, just decimated by the draft. Does that mean we’ve put recruited ourselves? Maybe. But maybe we can bring some of those kids to campus, I.e. Seth Beer.

I remember reading on here people b!tching about Legget not recruiting SC as a priority. Well Monte has done that & see the results. So obviously those people were wrong. We can win with kids from anywhere. Monte has us on the right track. Yes, we have not made it out of our regional for 3 years, but that doesn’t mean we suck. It just means we need to improve in areas. We don’t host by sucking. We don’t get there by being s terrible team. We’re missing 1 piece, maybe 2 I’m in the club that Much net will get us there, sooner rather than later. Just stick with the team & believe is my MO.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Jun 16, 2018, 5:08 PM

So is the scholly rule an NCAA rule, ACC rule,SEC rule?. If Vandy can offer full rides, why not have a, say, Chapman or a Kingsmore donate say $50,000 to cover the ride for everything not covered by IPTAY? Vandy is in a conference. It is insanity that they get to provide benefits not allowed to other schools.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Recruiting would have to go up in a huge way!*

Jun 12, 2018, 10:02 AM

Re: Recruiting would have to go up in a huge way!*

Jun 12, 2018, 11:58 AM

I know and I’ve tried to post the question in several threads and about the other thing I received was sarcastic remarks. I totally get the 11.7 scholly rule and not all is full money etc as well as mlb draft and all but my question is how does a fla, Texas, even usuck get to that point.

I have faith Monte will get us to that point. It all begins next year. But a fair point, what is Florida doing that we’re not... and they do it in most sports.

Jun 12, 2018, 8:26 PM

Well, the average person can remember that Florida is in Florida. But even with all our football success, people still get us mixed up with Tennessee.

Jun 12, 2018, 9:39 PM

A few more championships sure would help with that. Lord knows I just want at least one baseball natty at Clemson. Think the floodgates open up then...

Jun 13, 2018, 12:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Recruiting would have to go up in a huge way!* ]

People who don't keep up with baseball don't understand how hamstrung Clemson baseball is in recruiting. Schools like vandy, UVa and others can get the best of the best because they exploit a loophole in the ncaa scholly rules for baseball.

Title 9 dictates baseball only gets 11.7 schollies/team. Further each scholly given must be above a certain %. Clemson is behind those other schools bc they are using large endowments to fund "academic scholarships" to just about have full rides for their full active roster.

Clemson isn't able to do that and only has access to the academic common market. That allows them to offer tuition to out of state players as if they were in state players. That's nice. But it's not a full ride. I've heard Coach Lee and Lecroy refer to it as "funny money" that the other schools get to use. And with good reason.

That funny money is a big part of why vandy has guys that passed up big bonuses to still go to school instead of MiLB. MANY of Clemson best recruits get drafted and go pro.

A comment was made about having 2 Cali boys on the team instead of SC players. Those guys (Cromwell and Williams) were picked up to fill gaps left by recruits that went pro/early departed to go pro. Those juco guys paid off. Williams the most.

Monte will get us over the hump but most don't realize how big the hump really is.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 13, 2018, 10:47 AM

Never!! We will host 3 more regionals at home and lose with him!!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic