Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do you think CW42 has a shot at Ring of Honor?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Do you think CW42 has a shot at Ring of Honor?

Jan 15, 2018, 9:04 PM

He would be the first lineman on either side to accomplish this.

If he gets consensus All American coupled with his decision to come back after getting his degree I'd say he has a shot.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think CW42 has a shot at Ring of Honor?

Jan 15, 2018, 9:08 PM

Absolutely.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2018, 3:37 AM

Agreed.

What? Freshman All-American , 3 time All-American, played multiple positions (whatever the team needed), full back, special teams WR, team leader, and first guy on the scene to congratulate teammates on a job well done.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 9:10 PM

It would be a shame if he didn't. He is truly deserving. No way anyone looks at the #42 and doesn't think of CW.

Jan 15, 2018, 9:32 PM

Most likely. He meets two of the three requirements now. He has graduated. He has brought honor to Clemson. The third requirement is an honorable post college career(it does not have to be in athletics). Next would come nomination and election by a majority of the selection committee. The committee meets once every two years . A maximum of one person can be added to the Ring every two years. It is my understanding the committee only votes one time. A nominee must win on that ballot. The next committee meeting will be in 2019.

YES!***

Jan 15, 2018, 9:20 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All in on Ring of Honor for CW!***

Jan 15, 2018, 9:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he's a lock

Jan 15, 2018, 9:33 PM

Especially now that he's coming back for another season

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think he's a lock

Jan 16, 2018, 12:12 AM

Christian, Deshaun and CJ are the 3 obvious recent players destined for future inductment. Dabo also belongs in the Ring. Coaches Howard and Ford are up there.

I could see Tajh getting in too.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2018, 9:36 PM

What are the criterias?

Jan 16, 2018, 12:16 AM

> What are the criterias?

Criteria is a plural noun, no "s" required. Now to answer your question..

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205530924
"Eligibility: This committee will recognize individuals who have demonstrated consistent and unique national excellence in their sport during their Clemson career. Their accomplishments must be significant on an individual and team basis. Their statistical accomplishments must be noteworthy, but they should also have an outstanding record in terms of leadership. In general, they must have made a noteworthy contribution to the history of the Clemson Athletic Program.

Athletic accomplishments after their Clemson career are not a primary consideration in the nomination, but they must retain a commendable record of citizenship after they leave Clemson. A candidate must be a member of the Clemson Hall of Fame and must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year University or college.

Financial contributions to Clemson University will not be a consideration when evaluating the candidates. For a coach to be nominated, he or she must be retired from coaching that sport at the college level."

Probably not.***

Jan 16, 2018, 3:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic