Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Curtis strange is a wf twit as well as fox for throwing Phil under the bus.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Curtis strange is a wf twit as well as fox for throwing Phil under the bus.

Jun 16, 2018, 2:50 PM

Can’t believe they aren’t defending him. I thought it was hilarious. I mean to speculate on what he was thinking is about like some on tnet during a game.

He probably told beef let’s hurry up and go get a burger and a beer. I would love it if Phil told the media that. Trust me golf owes him a lot. After all the stuff... that Tigers done and acted. No a lot of golf fans have tuned in to see Phil!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure of your love affair...

Jun 16, 2018, 2:58 PM

...with Phil Mac, but he is not very well liked by many of the middle to older pro players.

He isn't real friendly to any of them, doesn't wish happy birthday, anniversaries, births, whatever to most other pros, and doesn't go out of his way to socialize with them after a round.

So it's doubtful he suggested a burger and a beer to anyone except his wife, manager or personal trainer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure of your love affair...

Jun 16, 2018, 3:29 PM

Pushing 70 and yes we love him because he’s gone way out of his way to reward the fans. I would dare say he’s done more for charity and the game of than anyone else on the current tour. Not sure where you get your information but I wonder why most of the players talk very highly of him.

Guess I’m just not connected or in touch with reality.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure of your love affair...

Jun 16, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Not sure of your love affair... ]

Curtis Strange is way bigger A hole than Phil could ever be . He is and has always been .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.***

Jun 16, 2018, 3:15 PM

Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.***

Jun 16, 2018, 3:18 PM

Certainly, I do. And I'm good at what I do. But I'm not an ### about it.

Jun 16, 2018, 3:51 PM

You need to brush up on your knowledge of someone before you bad mouth him. Tiger Woods is an a**. He does nothing for the fans. He does not acknowledge kids in the crowd, give out tees and gloves, and signs very few autographs. Mickelson does all those things plus is a big, big contributor and promoter of breast cancer research. Sure he is a little smug at times but Woods is an absolute horse's behind not to mention he has the morals of a alley cat. You think Dustin Johnson is a real nice guy ? Many pro golfers have a little smugness to them. Its off the course that counts and Woods is not included in that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 4:14 PM

LOL

I speak to pro golfers often. But I will heed your advice and "brush up".

Jun 16, 2018, 4:24 PM

Story from 2006: https://www.gq.com/story/most-hates-athletes

Story from 2017:
http://www.theleadsports.com/the-6-pga-tour-players-most-hated-by-their-fellow-golfers/

As I said in my previous post, the PLAYERS don't care for Phil. Obviously, his fans adore him...

Just read some of this thread.

Jun 16, 2018, 4:54 PM

I figured that’s where you got it from.,i would suggest the other articles that later debunked that garbage from gq. I guarantee you Phil could careless about the gq article and most of the pros in golf mags have since said they no longer support that position.

Let’s talk about all the no name families he’s helped and insisted no media be involved. GQ. Yeah back in my day a whipper snapper named jack Nicklaus wasn’t well liked either. Now he’s the most revered golfer ever and should be.

Jun 17, 2018, 11:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

Lol you went to GQ. That’s all I need to know about your info

Patrick Reed is THE most hated pro golfer of all time.

Jun 17, 2018, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

That's my opinion.
Just ask his parents who get thrown off the golf course just for watching their son play.

WHAT A JERK!!!

Jun 17, 2018, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

Who are these pro golfers you speak with ?

Jun 16, 2018, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

Well said 2000. Maybe best golf post of the year.

Jun 16, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

C'mon now .... dude just likes #### stars and cocktail bars .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 17, 2018, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

Boo boo crying B

Jun 17, 2018, 1:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Do you take your job serious? Phil should too.*** ]

Boo boo crying B

I have always pulled for Phil

Jun 16, 2018, 4:45 PM

And pull for other golfers including Fowler as well. Could care less about most of the bores but respect their games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much less could you care??***

Jun 17, 2018, 2:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curtis strange is a wf twit as well as fox for throwing Phil under the bus.

Jun 16, 2018, 4:54 PM

Curtis has never been Mr Warmth. In fact he's kind of Strange.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 16, 2018, 4:59 PM

Despite the image he portrays he is not the nicest guy in the world. This comes from someone who has had business dealings with him.

Jun 16, 2018, 5:10 PM

I have never thought he seemed nice. I know someon who was at Wake when he was. Granted he was young then but they were not particularly complimentary of him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares whether Lefty is a good, person, liked, etc. What

Jun 17, 2018, 6:52 AM

he did was total amateur. Funny AF, but amateur. He's a professional golfer, act like one. He broke the rules, take your penalty and move on.

That said, that puppy was rolling down hill, hard. At least 2 shots to get it back in if he had let it stop, maybe 3, so was he taking a pragmatic decision? ("I'll never be able to get that up and down, screw it, I'm taking the penalty..")

For the record. I'm a Phil fan, don't care about his personality, but love his game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who cares whether Lefty is a good, person, liked, etc. What

Jun 17, 2018, 9:45 AM

Yes, I thought his explanation was ok. I can’t judge whether he meant it that way or not but no one else does either. Just really irked me they were piling on and making assumptions before they even heard what he had to say.

As stated in my original post, the announcers were acting just like a few tnetters during any of our games.

Jun 17, 2018, 10:27 AM

Unless you have been around these guys and a lot of people who have, you have no idea what they are really like. Many are not the same people you see on TV. One of my very good friends, whose brother won the Open, told me that when a professional golfer holds out his hand, he doesn't want you to shake it, but rather put a check in it. Some of them, are very nice people. Matt Kuchar is one of the good ones, and there are others.

What Phil did violated the intent of the rule, even though it may not have been a technical violation. The rule was never intended for a player to putt his ball while it is motion to avoid making an even higher score (Phil did say he may have saved a few strokes). If it is OK to do it, why have we seen it like three times in the last 25 years? The same rule should apply to Phil as the worst and likely unknown player in the field, but I would bet that the USGA would view them differently. I have a lot of friends that work for the USGA an believe me, they make plenty of mistakes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phat Phil's an a$$hole.

Jun 17, 2018, 11:42 AM

Stevie Williams

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wish he would do it again....

Jun 17, 2018, 12:31 PM

As a loud & clear F U/double middle fingers to all the b—-ches who were offended.

Re: wish he would do it again....

Jun 17, 2018, 1:23 PM

Takes something more than doing something really stupid to offend me, but what Phil was really doing was giving the USGA the double middle finger to get back at the way they had the course set up. Maybe they needed it, but there are other ways to tell them.

Your words R Confirmation U were Offended****

Jun 17, 2018, 1:48 PM

Jun 17, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: wish he would do it again.... ]

Jun 17, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: wish he would do it again.... ]

You can say that again!!***

Jun 17, 2018, 4:07 PM

Re: Your words R Confirmation U were Offended****

Jun 17, 2018, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Your words R Confirmation U were Offended**** ]

:) yeah sure!

he would have never done that and risked a DQ if he was

Jun 17, 2018, 11:31 PM

on top of the leaderboard

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic