Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Players need to pay, not be paid.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Players need to pay, not be paid.

Nov 9, 2017, 12:56 PM

All this talk about stipends and fairness is crazy. If people want to run college football as a real business then the players need to enter into a long term contract with the schools. The player pays the school a percentage of their future professinal earnings in exchange for training and exposure. The facilities and staff don't pay for themselves. No one is making you go to college. You can train on your own for three years and then try to get to the League.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dumbest thing I've ever read

Nov 9, 2017, 1:02 PM

The players make the University far more money than what their scholarships are worth. Ticket revenue, TV deals, bowl payouts, donations, etc. this is all because of how much work the players put in. They more than fully pay for their scholarships. Get this weak crap outa here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Dumbest thing I've ever read

Nov 9, 2017, 1:13 PM

Your delusional.
World hunger? "Give everyone a cell phone"
Your response is the dumbest thing.
For most of the colleges in the US of A that have athletic programs, they don't make money!
And you just can't pay FB players. You'd have to pay everyone, male and female, all sports.
And you think a few hundreds bucks would cure it? Hardly

You're***

Nov 9, 2017, 1:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Dumbest thing I've ever read

Nov 9, 2017, 2:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Dumbest thing I've ever read ]

I can't make a point out of your response. World hunger? What??

I Want a Free Cell Phone***

Nov 9, 2017, 3:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Dumbest thing I've ever read ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, it is dumber than

Nov 9, 2017, 1:14 PM [ in reply to Dumbest thing I've ever read ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22538972

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

By a very small margin. Only thing dumber is...

Nov 9, 2017, 3:01 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22539058

players receive far more than just their tuition, books, ...

Nov 9, 2017, 2:56 PM [ in reply to Dumbest thing I've ever read ]

housing. Once you factor in first class training facilities and health care, nutrition, marketing/exposure, etc. that they receive and have access to anytime they want, it is clear they receive quite a bit.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And how many hours do they put in?

Nov 9, 2017, 3:02 PM

On top of their class schedule, they put in many hours for our entertainment. And now you want them to pay for it? That is bass ackwards.

How many would get accepted into a school like

Nov 9, 2017, 3:37 PM

Clemson (something like 90% rejection rate) if not for the sport they play?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

ALL players pass admission standards

Nov 9, 2017, 3:50 PM

Is this a trick question?

Well maybe the players will build and maintain all the

Nov 9, 2017, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Dumbest thing I've ever read ]

facilities, pay all the coaches and staff, fund recruiting, dining expenses, travel expenses, equipment, game day expenses, etc, etc, etc. Weak response since actual athletic profit is so low each year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is true for a small % of schools

Nov 9, 2017, 8:16 PM [ in reply to Dumbest thing I've ever read ]

However, for the hundreds of others, this is not true. Why you think UAB had to shut their program down? Because it was so profitable?

Do you always wake up so blind?

Nov 9, 2017, 1:32 PM

The players are paying. You obviously were never a college athlete or have a true grasp of someone being one. They do pay, they put butts in seats by winning which also keeps ticket prices higher in demand and price, they keep TV companies paying big money by winning and getting prime time events. They win championships getting the coaches and university paid through extra games therefore more endorsements due to more games. It's amazing that people can have the view you do and think that these kids are getting enough by going to school for free when they're making universities nearly 1000 times that, the vast majority will never go pro therefore your argument is ended there because they aren't able to pay back if they don't make it to the league. Then what.

Re: Do you always wake up so blind?

Nov 9, 2017, 2:25 PM

"...the vast majority will never go pro therefore your argument is ended there because they aren't able to pay back if they don't make it to the league. " This is my point exactly. The school and boosters have built and maintain the program. They will continue to do so for every player, 1 star or 5 star. They will do so through good years and bad. I'm just saying if you want to pay all the players maybe the few who make it need to pay back into the program that helped them along the way. The program will go on regardless, it's bigger than any particular player or even any particular group of players. The program will continue offering scholarships and opportunities to players long after the current level of success cycles away. When that happens I'll be there watching still.

Message was edited by: CUEE90

Nov 9, 2017, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Do you always wake up so blind? ]

Removed double post. Dang phone.

Message was edited by: CUEE90

Nov 9, 2017, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Do you always wake up so blind? ]

Mostly agree with you, but they aren't making the universities near 1,000 times the free tuition, room and board, food, clothing, health care, and travel expenses.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic