Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do we have the most pressure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 931

Do we have the most pressure

Dec 23, 2019, 4:18 PM

to win? If we don't win, all the fake news pundits will say "I told you so" (even though CU is defending champ and 28-0). LSU may be under equal pressure since they lose Burrow to the NFL. 0-31 State will still get 2020 love win or lose. OK has yet to win a playoff game, but keep coming back. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo knows how to keep a team both loose

Dec 23, 2019, 4:25 PM

and focused. No worries.

If tOSU is the better team, we could lose. No big deal. My money is on TL16 leaving with three natties and undefeated though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Do we have the most pressure

Dec 23, 2019, 4:40 PM

I wish that we could just play for Clemson and stop trying to play to prove the media narrative wrong. Yeah, to your point, I would love to get a W in extreme fashion so we could shove it down their throats. I get sick of all the talking heads myself. However, It’s amazing to do what we’ve done the last several years, and yet we still feel like we have something to prove...at some point I wonder if all the negativity is just a ploy to get a reaction.

Dec 23, 2019, 4:47 PM

buckriley said:

I wish that we could just play for Clemson and stop trying to play to prove the media narrative wrong. Yeah, to your point, I would love to get a W in extreme fashion so we could shove it down their throats. I get sick of all the talking heads myself. However, It’s amazing to do what we’ve done the last several years, and yet we still feel like we have something to prove...at some point I wonder if all the negativity is just a ploy to get a reaction.

LSU has the most pressure. They much like Alabama last year have been anointed one of the best ever! Burrow is special - his completion % is spectacular! They have the Heisman and all the momentum going into the playoffs.
In other words, because of the way our schedule has been perceived, it shouldn't surprise anyone if we can't compete. Based on the Buckeye, SEC, Big 10 and Pac 12 commish and ESPN analyst criticism of who we have played. We won't be prepared to play them or anybody else!

LSU is my final answer!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2019, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Do we have the most pressure ]

I wrote about this the other day but I think it bears repeating. Sports commentators have two biases - laziness and sensationalism (that brings viewers) You've already touched on sensationalism

The laziness factors rears its head here in so many sportscasters' predilection to favor the "blue blood" football programs. What we are going through is trying to become one of those blue bloods but it is taking lazy sportswriters a little while to let us into that exclusive club. We will have to continue to out perform them (which we will) for a while longer before we are recognized as such.

This article about sports commentators perspectives on the blue blood programs was written after we lost to Bama in the CFP in 2015. The eight blue bloods include the other teams that are always in the CFP (except us) and some programs who aren't but continue to be overrated because of their blue blood status. I wonder how long before we climb into that category ?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17336754/alabama-crimson-tide-notre-dame-fighting-irish-ohio-state-buckeyes-oklahoma-sooners-usc-trojans-lead-list-college-football-blue-bloods

Dec 23, 2019, 7:02 PM

I brought up the blue blood thing and then I got to reading some more about it. Here's a better and more recent article on it if you are interested.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/clemson-college-football-playoff-alabama-blue-blood/10ke0ocesuv2i1heelw0gzov34

Dec 23, 2019, 4:48 PM

We’ve won 2 of the last 3 natty’s we have no pressure, we eat pressure like candy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 23, 2019, 6:52 PM

If our guys are thinking about that, we are in trouble. I think our coaching staff is excellent at getting the team to focus on playing to their potential.

If anyone has a concentration breaker hanging over them it's OSU and the 31 - 0 game.

Replies: 7
| visibility 931
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic